Freaking out about seating - Princess Theatre

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 Dianalynch

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

And please don't worry about getting past other people in the row, I think if I'm already seated, it's just good manners to stand up and squish back for people getting past. Or leave the row to let them in if need be. No one minds, well if they do it's their manners that need improving.

You've done very well with 15kgs, all the best and I hope you enjoy the show!

#27 Renovators delight

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:33 AM

Thanks to everyone who has responded, it has been very helpful. I will give them a call at some point and update.

#28 #YKG

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:17 PM

15kg is amazing OP.

For what it’s worth at my biggest I was nearly 155kg (I’m also 5’4) I went to theatre shows all the time at all theatres and I fit just fine at my biggest at princess theatre. I always get in early so I don’t have to climb over people. Pretty sure you will be ok.

#29 Renovators delight

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:10 AM

So before I started PT, I told them that fitting in this theatre seat was a goal. The PT rang the theatre and found out the seat size.

I had a pretty crappy brain day yesterday, so today to cheer me up she had me sit in a box she had taped on the ground in the shape and size of the standard seats.

Apparently my big old a*se fits, so I am now feeling a great deal of relief.

I will update again in a couple of weeks once I have been :)

#30 Ktonic

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:23 AM

What a lovely PT - such a confidence boost. And well done you, enjoy the show!

#31 gracie1978

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:26 AM

Your PT sounds amazing :)

When I was about 125kg I really struggled to fit in the seats at an old style theatre in Sydney.  
But I did fit.
My bum would have been a 22/24 which is what you probably are now.

Hope you have a great time xx

#32 Caribou

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:30 AM

what a fantastic PT you have. I love that she took the time to demonstrate you'd be ok.

I hope you enjoy the show! I loved it, it was quite something!

Your 15 kilos loss is amazing and you should be so proud of yourself.

#33 unicycle

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:45 PM

There is another thread at the moment about a job ad asking for candidates who will go "that extra mile" and your PT is the epitome of the positive connotations of that phrase.

#34 Pocket...

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

I just want to say congratulations on your weight loss! Well done!

For what it's worth I think it's great that you are taking consideration of the emotional and mental side of weight loss. I think it's a great strategy for long-term change.

Your thread has reminded me that I actually do better losing weight if I don't concentrate on numbers and what I look like. Taking notice of improvements in how I feel is my best motivation. With numbers I end up thinking "I've got xyz to go still", with feeling better there's not that concrete reminder of how far I have to go, just how far I've already come.

#35 SplashingRainbows

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:45 PM

Yay RD! What great news. Keep working hard!

#36 #YKG

Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:38 PM

Yay RD, you have a very supportive PT. It’s amazing when you have one.

Do enjoy the show!

#37 Silverstreak

Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:51 PM

Wonderful update, you and your PT are stars!

#38 Renovators delight

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:55 AM

Yesterday was the day/evening. Yes, I fit and it wasn’t too awful! It wasn’t the most comfortable I’ve been, and I did squish over to DPs side an awful lot but we made it through.

We walked over from our hotel to Haighs for snacks, then to the theatre where we waited 45 minutes for part 1, and I was quite capable of all that. Then in between we walked down lonsdale st to near Stalactites for tea. I’d have walked back but DP got blisters from his fancy shoes...

And then walked back from our hotel with only 10 minutes to spare for part 2 which was just fine. By the end my back and legs were sore but I think that was pretty universal. Easily walked back to the hotel at the end.

Best of all? It was a great show, we have an amazing hotel room and I got to have a good night out. Stress relief was awesome. Show was awesome. Not just or the hardcore potter fan either, it was just awesome.

#39 Caribou

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:59 AM

I’m so glad you had a fantastic time!!

#40 born.a.girl

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:10 AM

Oh boy, how I love a good update.

Your PT sounds amazing.

I must admit I've noticed a change in approach of even class teachers at the gym - yoga/body balance/pilates/whatever.  It's very much all about improving yourself, and challenging yourself, rather than trying to achieve some ideal.

Wouldn't have been unusual to hear an instructor call out 'let's get those bodies ready for summer!' 20 years ago, but that would be unthinkable now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.