Never heard it called this before

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 eponee

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:39 AM

I've just come across an ad in my local FB buy and sell for a 'human milk machine'.  The person is selling because the person she bought it for couldnt 'human feed'.

I've never heard breast feeding being referred to as human feeding before.  Is it a thing?

#2 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

Possibly a filter was preventing them from using the word breast?

#3 Nobodyelse

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:54 AM

Facebook is such a sensitive little flower.

#4 born.a.girl

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:57 AM

Yes, saw that a few months ago, that a woman was stopped from selling a breast pump, due to the word breast.

It's actually a cute title:  human milking machine.

#5 Bono25

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:02 AM

I've been trying to sell my double pump for ages, keeps getting rejected. How dare I use the word breast!

#6 eponee

View Post22Fruitmincepies, on 25 January 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

Possibly a filter was preventing them from using the word breast?

I did wonder if this was the reason

#7 afterlaughter

They are just trying to work around Facebook from blocking the sales post. The words Breast, pump and many of the breast pump brands get flagged by Facebook as medical device that contrivines there policy.

#8 born.a.girl

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:06 AM

View Postafterlaughter, on 25 January 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

They are just trying to work around Facebook from blocking the sales post. The words Breast, pump and many of the breast pump brands get flagged by Facebook as medical device that contrivines there policy.

They categorise it as a medical device?

I think vets would be amused to hear cow milking machines categorised as medical devices.

#9 hills mum bec

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:27 AM

FB has some strange rules for sale posts.  I tried selling a telescope and FB blocked my ad because they said it looked like a weapon.

#10 Nobodyelse

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:45 AM

View Postborn.a.girl, on 25 January 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

They categorise it as a medical device?

I think vets would be amused to hear cow milking machines categorised as medical devices.

When I bought my pump, there was a problem with the delivery. Auspost stuck it on the wrong truck so even though I was given notification of it's arrival and stayed home all day, nothing showed up. They even had the nerve to put that they tried and no one was home.

In my bid to find it, I had to contact the company I bought it from as only they could call and ask what happened. The guy told them it was a medical device that a breastfeeding mother with mastitis desperately needed and they better get their sh*t together and deliver the d@mn thing.

They sent a special courier out with it.

So yeah, technically it is a medical device. Probably because it deals with bodily fluids.

That was a long way to say that but the guy was so bad@ss in getting me that pump, I had to share.

#11 Bono25

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:43 AM

View PostFresh Start, on 25 January 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

My sister tried to sell a 1km tall dulux dog stuffed toy. It was taken down by Facebook as you can’t sell animals!

1km dog??  My that's a big toy!! lol

#12 BBC

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:36 AM

What did she get for it? I have one in my charity bag right now. More like 30 cm tall though, so probably not worth as much as a giant one.

Edited by BBC, 25 January 2019 - 11:37 AM.

#13 Nobodyelse

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:45 AM

View PostFresh Start, on 25 January 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

I feel like a charity won’t be able to sell a stuffed toy that big? I’m happy to give it away if it doesn’t sell.

There was a giraffe the size of my 7yo at Savers the other day. Some grandparent will buy it for a DIL who will hate it...

#14 seayork2002

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:47 AM

View PostNobodyelse, on 25 January 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

There was a giraffe the size of my 7yo at Savers the other day. Some grandparent will buy it for a DIL who will hate it...

And there will be a thread on here crying 'don't they know we  are Kondo-ing'

#15 laridae

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

Lol. Facebook filter. You can't mention breast milk or pumps on buy and sell posts. So you have to be creative to get around it.

#16 lucky 2

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:22 PM

Manufacturer information would state that a personal breast pump is personal, not to be shared. Personal pumps aren't designed for multi people use.

It could be a wording issue as some second hand pumps could be multi use.
?

#17 Jamelex

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

I know at times hospitals refer to expressed human milk rather than expressed breast milk. I prefer expressed breast milk myself.

#18 AliasMater

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

Yes, we've just spent 2 months in a NICU.

PDHM = Pasturised Donor Human Milk. That is the proper name.

#19 lucky 2

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:30 PM

I think it's a long leap from PDHM to human feeding for bfing.
Bottle feeding is also human feeding.
Bfing can be referred to as chest feeding. I have used that term for those who tell me that this is their preference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.