Late To Find Each Other … But Still Hoping Our Dream Can Come True

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Maree22P

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:19 PM

Hi Everyone!

We are a happy, fit and healthy, loving couple looking forward to starting the next chapter of our lives. We’re excited to be on this amazing journey, and hopeful that our special someone is out there to help us bring a beautiful new life into this world.

Thanks for stopping by; we hope you enjoy reading our story …

Hello!

Our names are Marc and Paula. We’re both 46, and both October babies! We’ve been together for two years and, having met later in life, we’re so happy to have found each other.

Prior to meeting we’d been on very different paths … which is all part of what has made our lives rich and filled with amazing experiences and life lessons.  Finally, our paths crossed, and, when they did, we knew we ‘just fit’.

Speaking of fit, keeping fit and healthy is important to both of us … but ‘everything in moderation’, as they say!  So yes, we also enjoy great food and love the company of wonderful friends and family, including Marc’s two children from his previous marriage, who are 8 and 12. They are with us every second week, and just wonderful … and Marc is the most amazing Dad to them!

We’re both very grounded, respectful and reliable, positive people who hold integrity highly.  I think this comes from our ‘country connections’! Yep, whilst we might be city dwellers in Melbourne and in stable jobs (with companies we’ve both been with for over 15 years!) - our feet are firmly planted in country territory.  In fact Marc grew up on the land J

Meeting later has meant that we’re both well rounded, well educated, financially secure, and know ourselves well, as well as what we want and what’s important.

But this also means that our wish to have a child together hasn’t been an easy journey.

My mum once told me that children are a gift; they’re not yours to keep but to raise in the best way possible - to give them the best start in life - and then let them make their way.

This has stayed with me my entire life.  Whilst I’m a proud and loving Auntie, I’ve always held the view that, if I was to bring a child into this world, I wanted to do it with the best man by my side.

Well he arrived a little later than anticipated(!), and so now here we are hoping a child together is part of our story.

With time not on our side, we’ve tried multiple rounds of IVF, despite knowing the chances of success at our age are incredibly low.

And now our journey leads us here, searching for a wonderful person who might just give the ultimate gift.

We are hoping to find a donor, caucasian, aged 37 years or younger.  We’re open to traveling interstate as well as within Victoria. We’d like to remain in contact during the donor process.  We also understand that you would be giving us is an immense gift, and one which you may want to know a bit more about as they grow. We would be happy to talk about how much or how little contact you would like, but hope you would be open to meeting them when they are older, if that’s what they would like. We would see this as ultimately the child’s choice. Ultimately, it’s about openness, and respecting one another’s wishes to decide together what is right for all.

Marc and I were both raised in small, loving and supportive families.  We both believe strongly in honesty and that our child should know and be raised to be proud of their story and who they are.  Every one of us is unique and this is to be celebrated and embraced.

We have a lot of love to give and areso excited to be on this journey together.  It’s hard to put into words how grateful we are at the thought of finding a special person who can help us along on our journey.

Thank you for allowing us to share our story.  We hope to find that generous, beautiful soul here that decides to choose us.

We would love to hear from you, please PM here x

Documented actual expenditure incurred on medical expenses and associated travel costs will of course be reimbursed.

The text of this advertisement has been approved by the Victorian Minister for Health, as required by s.40 of the Human Tissue Act 1982 (VIC) (November 2018)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.