• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Riotproof

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:06 PM

https://m.facebook.c...&id=38437995542

I like the look of this.

#2 Mollycoddle

Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:10 PM

Yep I'll give it a go. I missed when it starts?

ETA Friday 22nd February.

Edited by Mollycoddle, 01 February 2019 - 12:10 PM.

#3 seayork2002

Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:14 PM

Sorry I forgot to reply yesterday, I am going to try this one out - Rosehaven is back so will hopefully watch that while DH is watching foorball

#4 Riotproof

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:57 PM

Starts tomorrow night for anyone interested.

#5 seayork2002

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:04 PM

View PostRiotproof, on 21 February 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

Starts tomorrow night for anyone interested.

Thanks, DS is away for the weekend and I am trying to come up with things for DH to do as I have a list of what I want too watch so thanks for the reminder!

#6 wallofdodo

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

Who else instantly thought of this?

Posted Image

#7 Riotproof

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:13 PM

Yes.. I loved that show too.

#8 Fresh Start

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:10 PM

I thought of it too. The song was something about an angel?

#9 just roses

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:33 PM

‘How do you talk to an angel...’

#10 Fresh Start

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:08 PM

Oh yes, my sister and I loved that song.

#11 DaLittleEd

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:17 AM

It looks good, going to try it tonight.

#12 seayork2002

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

I am up to ep.6 what are others thinking. I like it

#13 Riotproof

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:31 PM

So they’ve done the dump on iview? I like it when they do that. My Pvr had a tanty, so I will catch up on iview later. Nice to hear it’s good, thanks.

#14 Nozycat

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:55 AM

Not sure about this yet, I thought some of the script and acting felt forced but they might settle in with time, will give it a bit longer.  I did think it very unbelievable that there was so little consequence to a parent abandoning their baby.

#15 Fresh Start

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:59 AM

I was the same Nozycat.  Hold safety surely aren’t coming in and saying let’s get you with the baby!

The acting was also pretty average - particularly Sabine and Mish felt forced.

#16 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:22 PM

I've loved it.  FInished it last night.

Yes, the baby story was really just part of the plot setting, and some of the acting is a little bit stilted, but I do love what they have achieved - a story that shows the diversity of an Australian suburb.  Nationalities, disability, addiction, normal every day parenting battles......

I thought it was easygoing entertainment that kept me engaged.  I hope it gets a second series.

It's also great for young australian actors to get an ongoing tv  opportunity for something that isn't Neighbours or Home and Away.

#17 schwatzen

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:54 PM

It feels very E-Sreet to me but more reflective of our actual cities.

#18 seayork2002

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:58 PM

I saw all 16 (although I think in total there will be 32) last weekend,

I think looking back I liked individual characters and the way the actors portrayed them but I did not notice any rapport between the couples or ex couples in Pav's case as well

I am liked Sabine and Misch as people/characters but their friendship came over a bit false I think.

#19 schwatzen

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:59 PM

Sabine is my fave so far!

#20 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:08 PM

Ooh, I hope there are 32.  I was disappointed to finish it.

#21 seayork2002

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:15 PM

I loved the show overall and the main thing I loved was it was based around a tower block but it was people of different backgrounds mixing like people do in real life. I watch mainly British tv and it seems a lot of 'posh' or 'council estate' type set ups but not as much interaction between the 'classes' as such

also I watched it all on Iview but I noticed ABC is showing them 2 at a time, so why did they not just make them 1 hour length episodes?

#22 Riotproof

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:31 PM

View Postschwatzen, on 01 March 2019 - 01:54 PM, said:

It feels very E-Sreet to me but more reflective of our actual cities.

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

#23 dadwasathome

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:43 PM

Tried last week, but there were trees less wooden than some of the actors. Very uneven, and don’t think I’ll go back....

#24 Riotproof

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:19 PM

I think it’s a cross between e street and heartbreak high and possibly something else. Maybe Coronation street?  Definitely has a soapie feel.

#25 Fresh Start

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:41 PM

Did anyone know it’s back? I just turned in the TV Guide and noticed two episodes tonight and when I read the information it didn’t sound familiar.

Went to iview and found out there are more episodes. They had a mid-season break and then continued, there are another 8 episodes online (maybe 10).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.