So regarding school stationery...

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#51 Riotproof

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:07 AM

View PostSilver Girl, on 02 February 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

I’m 100% thankful that our school includes stationery in the school fees and that I don’t have to even think about these lists.

I wouldn’t mind that either, because at least they’d have the brands they teachers prefer. The only specify the brand of glue stick uhu or bostik.

#52 IkeaAddict

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:09 AM

For our school we buy the stationery pack from the school. It includes everything they need for the year and if there's anything left at the end of the year they get it back. From last year we got back a few whiteboard markers, some pencils, some plain white paper and an unused exerciise book

#53 Jenflea

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:12 AM

Last year DD(2nd grade) wasn't allowed to erase much at all.
The teacher wanted to see where she was making mistakes to see where they needed help i guess.

#54 mayahlb

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:42 AM

On the glue sticks we end up with the office national branded ones. I have to say they are decent quality. The kid have brought home extras and they still work fine, kids go back on fine and the wind up works fine.

Urg thinking of this reminds me I have to label everything before Monday.

#55 Paddlepop

Posted 02 February 2019 - 01:26 PM

View Postcasime, on 01 February 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

And on that note, why do schools put those stupid tiny metal sharpeners on their book lists?  They get easily lost, and the kids have to get up and go over to the bin all of the time, rather the ones with the catcher which means a quick sharpen at their seat and empty when it's full.  

DD's school requires a sharpener with a catcher.

#56 Riotproof

Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:53 PM

Went to office works.. it is like a zombie apocalypse. Shelves empty. No stock forthcoming.
Jealous of my friend who only has to provide a pencil case.

So, I got your sw**ky pencils Maya. And Faber Castell pencils. Cheap erasers.

This sharpener, which I am hoping survives. https://www.officewo...ener-fa81183895

4 pack of uhu glue sticks for $7.

So many things needed where the single pack was sold out, so you had to buy a multi.

#57 mayahlb

Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:54 PM

Ooh that looks like a great sharpener. I labelled everything yesterday which was fun. Discovered we had 8 more pencils then we needed so I gave the good ones to the kids to take and kept the cheaper ones at home for homework.

#58 Riotproof

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:18 PM

I am very impressed with it. Ds does generally return with the things supplied so it doesn’t seem too risky. Last year, I bought a sh*tty one that died almost instantly. He didn’t tell me.

#59 mayahlb

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

I can’t find any decent ones with canisters locally. It’s very frustrating. The plastic ones are crap and break within a term.

#60 Riotproof

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:33 PM

I had a play and it seems pretty sturdy.

It does the two sizes of pencils plus triangular ones.

Couldn’t find wooden rulers anywhere. Told ds when it breaks to let me know. I’m sure it will be easier in a month.

Edited by Riotproof, 03 February 2019 - 05:34 PM.

#61 mayahlb

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:35 PM

They had them in woolies when I was in there so if you shop at woolies you might be able to pick one up.

#62 Riotproof

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:37 PM

I’m really a coles person. See what happens he might be more responsible than I think.

#63 Jenflea

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:46 PM

I was doing the last of the labelling and packing of DD's pencil case today. The clear ruler from Office Max is SO thin I can see it snapping the first time she tries to get it out of her case.

If it does, I'll send her with a non regulation thick one.
I've got a clear plastic one at home that's lasted 20 years, it's twice the thickness of this one.

#64 BornToLove

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

DD’s ruler broke On the second day of year one. I was unimpressed. I bought her the ruler below and she’s now in year 4, still going strong.

https://www.officewo...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

#65 atthebeach

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

i got a wooden ruler from coles but it was a few weeks ago. and then my child recently explained to me that he didn't need the ruler last year because the exercise books i had supplied already had a red margin ruled on every page, and that was the only thing they used the ruler for. unfortunately the exercise books i bought this year don't have a margin - i bought them before he told me this. it also explains why he didn't use the red correction pencils last year hardly at all.

#66 IShallWearMidnight

Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

I personally compared prices to Woolworths and then add the stuff into my shopping over the year.
Then get the last few things from the schools choice stationery shop (they donate 20%back to the school)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.