Due in Oct 2019 Chat #1

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

Welcome to your own little section ladies and a HUGE congratulations.

:BFP: :BFP: :babyboy: :babygirl: :babyboy: :babygirl: :BFP: :BFP:  

Enjoy this wonderful journey and I wish you all a wonderful birth.

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month.

If you need any help just let me know.

#2 Ech0

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:50 PM

Hi!
I thought I’d get this thread started. Still a little nervous as it’s still very early days for me but FX this bean sticks.

Just got my BFP on Saturday after five months TTC number one. Due date of October 15.

#3 Elocin88

Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:22 PM

Wooo I have one friend! I got mine almost 3 weeks ago and based on my calculations will be due 6th October!
I’ve got my dating scan booked on 21st feb after we return from our cruise!

#4 Midwifemama

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:58 PM

Hooray finally October thread is up and running - I haven’t seen a doctor yet but got my BFP a few weeks ago - think I will be due 1st or 2nd of October :)

#5 Ech0

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:02 PM

Yay, welcome! Hope you enjoy the cruise, Elocin.

I haven’t seen a doctor yet either. Wasn’t sure if it was too early to make the call since I’m only 14dpo today? Got a pretty good BFP on Saturday arvo and then even stronger on Monday. Think I might call tomorrow.

Edited by Ech0, 05 February 2019 - 07:25 PM.

#6 lottapalooza

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:01 PM

hi guys!!

We got our positive on Sat and my app says due on 5th Oct! Going to the doc tomorrow.. my head is kind of spinning right now, even though I was feeling like I could be pregnant, I am blown away that I actually am!

Agh! Excited for all of us xx

#7 Elocin88

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:35 AM

My scan has been brought forward to today as the cruise line now require a doctors clearance and he can’t say I’m low risk without a scanning.
My husband already had plans with his mum seeing a dr that he can’t get out of so I need to go by myself. Probably won’t see anything but still very overwhelming going to the first thing ever on my own!

#8 Mrs.Bee

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:31 PM

Hi all,
Due date is 8th October this will be Bub #2 for us. Doesn’t feel real despite feeling sick already; hopefully the dating scan will let it settle in more.

#9 nikki_205

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:07 PM

Hi all, I've been waiting for the October group to start up! I got a bfp for bub #2 10 days ago and confirmed with a blood test last Fri. Think I'm due about the 8th. Looking forward to going through this with you all!

#10 Mandi!21

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:22 PM

Hello everyone!!

I am freaking out right now as I just found out I’m 4 weeks pregnant (due 17 October). My son is almost 10 months old!! I always wanted a second one but didn’t think it would happen let alone this fast!!! I can’t believe it!!

Hi to all the lovely mummies to be 😬😬😬 looking forward to getting to know you all xxx

#11 Ech0

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:53 PM

Welcome all & congrats!

I know what you mean lottapalooza & Mrs Bee - it’s so surreal!

Hope your doctor’s appointment went well lottapalooza. I’ve booked in to see mine next Friday.

How did your scan go Elocin?

On the weekend I was having really light cramps, sort of more like pressure but it seems to have gone away. Just get dizzy occasionally, easily tired and sore boobs, but otherwise not getting too many symptoms, no nausea etc yet.

#12 Mandi!21

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

Hey Ech congratulations to you too

With my first pregnancy I had cramping on/off pretty much through the entire pregnancy and no morning sickness. I was pretty lucky. I don’t even feel pregnant either just that I would have started spotting by now and nothing so I tested!!

#13 elawood

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:18 PM

hello all,
tentatively jumping in here. I had a bfp on Saturday and I estimate that I'm 4 weeks but still have to see the GP and do bloods and all that.

I have a really complicated story. This will be my first take-home baby, however it is my fourth pregnancy in two years. We have discovered through the 'journey' that we are carriers for an unknown genetic syndrome, that is lethal, that will affect 1 in 4 of every baby we conceive. Unfortunately we have had three affected so far and have had losses at 13 weeks, 19 weeks and 18 weeks respectively. They have tried to find the mutation/identification of the gene but all attempts have failed so far. We are still doing testing but since I'm almost 40, I don't want to wait a year and then find out there's still inconclusive results. Since we don't have results we can't do IVF with prenatal genetic testing or have a CVS or amnio to confirm whether the baby is affected. All we can do is wait until about 16-17 weeks and then we should be able to see the defect (if there is one) on an ultrasound.

It's been a terrible two years, but I am pleased that we fell pregnant this time really quickly (ironically fertility is something we do not have a problem with at all!) really hopeful that this bub will be the one that isn't affected this time and I can finally get past the 19 week stage with pregnancy. I was in two minds whether to join a DIG or not (i've had two previously and I am still in those groups, they have been an amazing support) but I think actually concentrating on all the 'normal' aspects of pregnancy with people will help keep me distracted from the 'is it ok, isn't ok' thoughts in my head. Also I've had to deliver the last two babies (both boys) and it made me cherish their pregnancies as it's the only time I knew them, so I should cherish this one while I have it.

Sorry for the essay!!! Hope to share this journey with you and I hope it's very uneventful for us all!

#14 Mandi!21

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:19 PM

Hi Elawood and welcome to the group. Congratulations on your pregnancy but I’m soooo sorry to hear of your losses. Wow what a roller coaster of emotions you have been through. I’m 39 this year and back in 2002 I lost my first baby at 19 weeks due to severe abnormalities and had to terminate. I then had another miscarriage 2 years ago at 11 weeks and last year I gave birth to my darling angel baby and now I can’t believe I’m pregnant again considering I was told IVF was my only chance

I really hope that you get your miracle baby too. I’m here if you ever want to chat xxx

#15 Mandi!21

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:20 PM

Hi Elawood and welcome to the group. Congratulations on your pregnancy but I’m soooo sorry to hear of your losses. Wow what a roller coaster of emotions you have been through. I’m 39 this year and back in 2002 I lost my first baby at 19 weeks due to severe abnormalities and had to terminate. I then had another miscarriage 2 years ago at 11 weeks and last year I gave birth to my darling angel baby and now I can’t believe I’m pregnant again considering I was told IVF was my only chance

I really hope that you get your miracle baby too. I’m here if you ever want to chat xxx

#16 elawood

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Mandi. Sorry you’ve experienced loss as well. Did they ever find an explanation for your abnormalities? Our first was written off as a fluke but after two more they said it was definitely genetic.

Anyway trying to stay positive this time!

Anyone have any sickness yet? I just feel tiiiiired, like I’ve been walloped with exhaustion. Not great when you are a drama/dance teacher. No sickness yet but it usually kicks in at 6 weeks till about 9. At least it’s short lived, I feel for people who are sick the whole time

#17 Mandi!21

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:29 PM

No explanation unfortunately. They just called it a freak of nature

Wow a dance teacher. I would have no energy to do that. I’m struggling today. My little boy decided to wake up at 5am this morning. He had a two hour nap but I had stuff to get done so I couldnt rest. My partner works nights so he sleeps all day. Good news is that it’s his last week of nights and he’ll be back to days yay!!! I can’t wait to have him home at night time but he does get a big cut in $$$. Oh well gotta take the good with the bad

#18 Mrs.Bee

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:09 PM

Elawood and Mandi - welcome and I’m sorry that you’ve and to those others who have experienced loss, I cannot imagine how devastating it must be.

I’ve been experiencing sickness, the majority of the day and tiredness also, oh so tired! All good signs though. Also dizziness which I don’t remember from last time.

#19 Ech0

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:31 PM

So sorry to hear about your losses elawood & Mandi - it must be heartbreaking.

I’ve been wiped out tired most days. Thought I was breezing along with no nausea and then the last couple of days I’ve started feeling really gross.. yep, and the dizziness, especially when I stand up quickly.

#20 tryagain2

Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:16 AM

Hi guys jumping in really quickly to ask a quick question and I'll come and read everyone's posts above later today.
I got a faint BFP this morning.
Very excited but mind is swimming! Just wondering when do people normally get dating scans if they are having them? I have a memory of my last one being 6-7 weeks but can't remember. I know not everyone has them but there is something about seeing that heartbeat! Is 7 weeks better for a heartbeat?
Congrats everyone

#21 Mandi!21

Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:47 AM

Congrats try again! Yeah it’s about 6/7 weeks. I’m having mine in 2 weeks and I’ll be 7 weeks

#22 Snapdragon91

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:06 AM

Hi all!

I got my BFP Sunday , I really can’t work out when I’m due, my last period was 27th December due to long cycles from PCOS . I believe I ovulated between 27th & 31st January . Any help with working my date out would be great . I had bloods yesterday and for the first time ever I found it difficult to get them done, got really hot and light headed and usually I’m fine ! No nausea so far, god I’m scared of miscarriage, this is our first BFP after 12months trying 🤗

#23 Ech0

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:45 AM

Congrats tryagain and snapdragon!! I’ve been lurking in the TTC forum and was so happy to see your BFPs :D

I’m not sure RE scans but when I called my OB he was keen to see me ASAP - according to his info he normally does an ultrasound on the first visit. I’ve managed to get in to see him finally (around work) on Monday when I should be almost six weeks (or in week 7 - still a bit confused about what week to refer to. FF says 5 weeks + 3 days today and that I’m in week 6). Really hoping we can do a scan - I really want to see a heartbeat to put myself at ease.

First GP appointment to get the referral is today, yay! So excited.

Sorry you felt so lightheaded Snapdragon - pregnancy symptoms?

I’m very new to this but tried a due date calculator for ovulation on January 30 and it came up with October 22.

#24 Ash87

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:00 AM

Hi all,

I'm pregnant!

According to my LMP, I'm due Oct 18 but need to do a dating scan to be 100% on how far along I am.

My doctor said to go back in March so he can give me a referral for a scan. I can't wait that long though 😔 lol I'm the most impatient person.

Congrats to all!

#25 Billy224

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:42 AM

Congrats all!
We are looking at a due date of 6th Oct, yet to be confirmed by scans. Going for first scans in two weeks, will be  9 weeks by then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.