Due in Oct 2019 Chat #1

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#76 SydneyFran

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:50 PM

Hi everyone! I’m 9+1 with baby no. 3. I haven’t had a chance to read all the posts yet but looking forward to getting up to speed and getting to know you all. I hope you’re all well - the MS this time around for me is a killer 🤢.

#77 Ech0

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:25 AM

Welcome SydneyFran! Sorry to hear you’re feeling so awful.

Yep, sex drive for me has died and I feel bad about it for DH cause we were BD like crazy TTC. Hoping I feel better after first trimester and it comes back.

I’m having the Panorama NIPT on Monday (9+6 weeks) and my OB does a scan at every visit. More $ I guess but I love it so much. From memory I think he said then he’d do another scan at 13 weeks to check for defects etc.

#78 elawood

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:35 PM

Echo did your doctor tell you to do the panorama before 10 weeks? I was told anytime from 10 weeks so I turned up the day I hit 10 weeks last pregnancy and got a lecture from the phlebotomist that I should have waited a few more days. Apparently if you do it too early there is a risk that they can’t differentiate between your blood and the baby’s. I did it anyway and it was fine, but just a heads up, I think they like you to be something like 10+2

#79 Stara_

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:27 PM

Hi again everyone! How are you all feeling? Hope ms is starting to fade!
Had my dating scan (also to confirm only one bub cos I had a weird paranoia about twins lol) and it was amazing! Good strong 174bpm heart rate, only one lil bub and my dates were fine so confirmed due date 20th October! Feeling much more relaxed and happy having seen it, especially since I get minimal symptoms which is nice but can make it hard to believe there's really a baby in there!

Is there a grp on the shall-not-be-named social media site yet? Would anyone be interested in one yet?

#80 tryagain2

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:52 AM

View Postelawood, on 16 March 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

Echo did your doctor tell you to do the panorama before 10 weeks? I was told anytime from 10 weeks so I turned up the day I hit 10 weeks last pregnancy and got a lecture from the phlebotomist that I should have waited a few more days. Apparently if you do it too early there is a risk that they can’t differentiate between your blood and the baby’s. I did it anyway and it was fine, but just a heads up, I think they like you to be something like 10+2

I remember hearing similar - had a feeling I was told ideally 11 weeks last time. This time I asked my GP and she said 10 weeks was fine but I'm still skeptical it might be too early! I think regardless I will do mine at 10 weeks 1 day because it is also the same day as my first OB appointment and my toddler will be looking after so just easier for me to do it then.

#81 Ech0

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:57 AM

Elawood & tryagain - yeah, it was his suggestion to do it at 9 weeks 6 days *shrug* I don’t know. Hopefully it’s not too early. Did you do Panorama too? How long did it take to get results? My appointment is in a couple of hours! Yay. Nervous but excited.

Awesome your scan went well Stara - congrats!

How’s everyone’s ms going? I think I’m starting to feel better overall, unless I’ve just worked out how to manage it better (regular meals etc), although the awful dizziness & nausea do seem to be lessened... I do seem to be falling asleep early still. Worried it will come back with a vengeance!

#82 elawood

Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:18 PM

I have done Harmony twice and results took about a week but I’m in Perth so there’s no lab here. I think Harmony goes to Brisbane. I also did Nest once which took three days as it only goes to Adelaide. I think they all depend on lab busy-ness but they are all around 7-10 working days. If your GP wrote the referral they are the ones who call you with results.

#83 Ech0

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:46 PM

Thanks!

Awesome scan today with little bub waving his/her teeny arms and legs around and heartbeat 160-172. Dr says the NIPT results should be back in 2 weeks on the Monday but I could call on the Friday to check (which I would have done even if he didn’t suggest it! Haha)

Hope everyone else is doing well x

#84 Snapdragon91

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:44 AM

rolling on to 9 wks tomorrow , symptoms have been minimal pretty much since the 6 wk dating scan which just has me keen for the next scan to make sure everything’s okay !

#85 nikki_205

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:28 AM

View PostStara_, on 16 March 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

Is there a grp on the shall-not-be-named social media site yet? Would anyone be interested in one yet?

Not yet, I'd be interested in joining one, I find it much easier to get to know people than EB. I can set one up and people can pm me for the link?

#86 nikki_205

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:47 AM

Hopefully everyone got a pm from me. I manually typed in usernames so if not, I mistyped it, please send me a pm and I'll try again. Hope the link works!

#87 Ech0

Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:52 AM

I got it! Sent a join request.

#88 Snapdragon91

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:14 AM

I got it but can my friends see that I’ve joined it once I’m accepted?

#89 mskk86

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:51 AM

Requested :)
Snapdragon, it’s a closed group, so only members can see who’s in it :)

#90 nikki_205

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:41 PM

Yes as mskk said, they won't be able to see anything. The only thing they can see is the admins, so I had to create a fake profile in order to create it, I'm not ready to announce to everyone I know yet!

#91 Snapdragon91

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:42 PM

So it won’t come up in newsfeed for others to see

#92 elawood

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:00 PM

View PostSnapdragon91, on 22 March 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

So it won’t come up in newsfeed for others to see

Nope definitely not!

#93 Stara_

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:28 PM

Maybe in a few days we could change it to "secret" instead of closed? Makes it super private. Thanks so much Nikki!

#94 pupperino

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:40 PM

Hi October mummies!

I don’t think I posted in this group at all when I got my bfp! Oops! I’m due October 24th :) .. I have a few pages to catch up on!

Hope you are all doing well x

#95 Ech0

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:43 PM

Yaaaayy, welcome pupperino!

#96 nikki_205

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:27 PM

View PostStara_, on 22 March 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

Maybe in a few days we could change it to "secret" instead of closed? Makes it super private. Thanks so much Nikki!

Can do, just needs to be closed while people are joining, otherwise they can't use the link or find it in any way.

#97 Snapdragon91

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:26 AM

That’s awesome pupperino, have you joined the fb pg? I’m due 23rd October 🤗

#98 pupperino

Posted 29 March 2019 - 12:08 PM

View PostSnapdragon91, on 27 March 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

That’s awesome pupperino, have you joined the fb pg? I’m due 23rd October

I have sent a request - but I tend not to post stuff on FB, so I probably won't use it very much! But it looks like everyone in this group has migrated over - it's a ghost town :p

#99 Rach #1

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:03 PM

Hello! I’m pregnant with number 3 and due on the 21st! Would love to join the FB group if someone can tell me how! Thanks!!

#100 Rach #1

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:06 PM

Edited by Rach #1, 30 March 2019 - 02:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.