Ingrown hairs - epillator

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PatG

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:45 AM

I have pulled out my epillator again over the past couple of months and have rediscovered the annoyance of ingrown hairs. I've tried loofahing regularly but still end up with all these hairs that aren't coming through the top layer of skin.

Any suggestions?

#2 Lady Sybil Vimes

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:09 AM

I have the same issue and gave up on my epilator. I’ve seen something like this recommended for ingrowns but I haven’t tried it myself.

https://www.chemistw...-solution-120ml

#3 QuirkyMum

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:39 PM

Laser.
Sorry.
I used to my epilator but after I tried laser 12 years ago ...

#4 WannabeMasterchef

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

I suspect it might depend on your hair type. I never get ingrown. Half Italian so fairly thick hair.

It could be worth changing the epilator though?  The tweezers need to be sharp I think. Or maybe some brands work better than others.

#5 PatG

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:15 PM

I'm not sure how changing the epilator would help? It's the newly grown hairs that are the problem.

#6 unicycle

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:42 PM

View PostPatG, on 10 February 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

I'm not sure how changing the epilator would help? It's the newly grown hairs that are the problem.

I think she means that the way they are getting ripped out may be contributing to the problem. Newer epilators have some fancy new technology to make the pulling less painful and I have noticed my older one isn't doing the job as well as it did 10 years ago.

#7 CallMeFeral

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:37 PM

unicycle, on 10 February 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

Newer epilators have some fancy new technology to make the pulling less painful

Hmmm, now I'm thinking I should replace my 10yo one. Less painful sounds really tempting...

#8 Coffeegirl

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:48 PM

I don’t get ingrown hairs at all with my epilator.

The salesperson did say that you need to replace them every 2-3 years as the tweezers slowly drift apart and don’t pull the hairs out cleanly, just rip half the hair off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.