Measles death - Europe

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#51 MissHLH

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:44 AM

But how do you know what the ingredients do, and how do you know what they do to you?  GPs would be taking into account their patients health before giving a vaccine.

What sort of vaccine injuries do you think are happening?

How do you mean people are processing the vaccine differently?  Sometimes we might get different outcomes (e.g. a poorer immune response than we want) due to genetics, but overall we 'process' the vaccine the same way.  Different types of vaccines (e.g. live attenuated vs subunit vaccines) are processed differently to each other, but processed similarly enough in us.

#52 mm1981

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

View PostStarlia, on 12 February 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

Then there are people like this given airtime. Glad to hear they're 'slowly healing' from those horrendous vaccinations that might have saved their lives.
Stupidity. It's everywhere.

https://www.news.com...48b28a1c61ed1c3

Wow, he read a vaccine insert and a few pages of a book and decided to base his decision not to vaccinate on that?

#53 ipsee

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:56 AM

Yep - they found a book, and read some of it, so they have 'done their research' !

#54 Mollycoddle

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:05 AM

View PostStarlia, on 12 February 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

Then there are people like this given airtime. Glad to hear they're 'slowly healing' from those horrendous vaccinations that might have saved their lives.
Stupidity. It's everywhere.

https://www.news.com...48b28a1c61ed1c3

Yeah I just read that and was coming in to post it.  She's 20.  She's had no life experience.  She's stupid.

#55 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:31 AM

Opethmum - science education would need to be a lot better if people were to be expected to make their own decisions on each ingredient. I don’t think most people with a basic undergraduate science degree would be able to adequately evaluate each ingredient (as someone with a science degree myself, that included immunology). It’s hard enough getting people to read and understand a list of ingredients on a package of food (let alone the nutritional information).

#56 Mollycoddle

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:51 AM

View PostJenflea, on 11 February 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

I think there are 3 current cases of measles in the ACT right now.

Yes.  A colleague asked me yesterday if I'd been at the airport on Sunday as one case had been isolated to there.  I had been at the airport the previous Sunday but not this most recent one.  To pick up my Mum en route to the hospital to visit my leaukaemia-affected immuno-deficient sister.  It makes me mad.

Edited by Mollycoddle, 13 February 2019 - 12:30 PM.

#57 purplekitty

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:39 PM

View Postopethmum, on 13 February 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

Unfortunately the Philippines has legitimate concerns over vaccines. Sanofi a major drug manufacturer and vaccine provider actually used the country as a guinea pig for major vaccine trials for dengue fever that had major ramifications for women and children. The Philippine population have a right to be concerned as they have been royally screwed over in so many ways and Sanofi has yet to provide any compensation over the matter.

I think that all vaccines should have all ingredients listed and that people should make informed consent of all ingredients going into their bodies, We are all different, we all process things in different ways and that is ok. Some companies do not do adequate bio compatibility trials and some barely scrape through the accreditation process with the TGA. The TGA is a joke as they require less from drug manufacturers. I have heard some horror stories from industry professionals of whom I am close friends with.

I am not anti vaccination and I do see the benefits and my family is vaccinated but there needs to be more publicly available data and also in the GP consultations the drs need to properly list all ingredients and take into consideration the individuals health history to make sure that no vaccine injuries occur.

I do think there has been a lot of vaccine injuries out there in the population and that there is validity in their concerns. I do not ascribe that vaccines cause Autism as Autism has an epigenetic component  to the neuro diverse condition. I do think that certain reactions can alter brain chemistry and can affect neurological outcomes and physical health. Vaccines are a broad spectrum medicine and there are going to be people who have adverse reactions as everyone processes the vaccine differently.
For those interested.
https://www.nytimes....hilippines.html

The ingredient lists  and data for vaccines are available.
There are not a lot of vaccine injuries,serious side effects are very rare.

Billions of doses have been give of common vaccines over many years.
What evidence do you have for your opinion?
Links please.

#58 Mollycoddle

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:54 PM

View Postopethmum, on 13 February 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

I am not anti vaccination and I do see the benefits and my family is vaccinated but there needs to be more publicly available data and also in the GP consultations the drs need to properly list all ingredients and take into consideration the individuals health history to make sure that no vaccine injuries occur.

GPs already do this.  That's why you see some children on delayed vaccination schedules.

#59 purplekitty

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:50 PM

View PostMollycoddle, on 13 February 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

GPs already do this.  That's why you see some children on delayed vaccination schedules.
There is no evidence for delayed vaccination in the general population but special risk groups may have an altered schedule.

#60 Mollycoddle

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:09 PM

View Postpurplekitty, on 13 February 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

There is no evidence for delayed vaccination in the general population but special risk groups may have an altered schedule.

Yes. I was just commenting on the allusion in the other post that GPs just hand out vaccines willy nilly without paying any mind to a person's individual circumstances.

#61 Kallie88

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:17 PM

I think it's valid to look at the very small proportion of the population that don't handle vaccinations well and ask what can be done to make them even better/ more effective/ less likely to have side effects on those people. Unfortunately I think that conversation is almost impossible to have reasonably when anti-vaxxers will latch onto anything to further their misinformation and basically derail legitimate conversations with their crazy.
Edit typo

Edited by Kallie88, 13 February 2019 - 02:17 PM.

#62 purplekitty

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:35 PM

View PostKallie88, on 13 February 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

I think it's valid to look at the very small proportion of the population that don't handle vaccinations well and ask what can be done to make them even better/ more effective/ less likely to have side effects on those people. Unfortunately I think that conversation is almost impossible to have reasonably when anti-vaxxers will latch onto anything to further their misinformation and basically derail legitimate conversations with their crazy.
Edit typo
Most of the side effects that worry people are minor(that does not mean they are not unpleasant) and the disadvantages of delaying vaccinations outweigh any advantage.

When my children were babies my daughter reacted the whooping cough component with 24 hrs of irritability,temperature and being unable to be put down.
Her next vaccination was delayed.
Now that would not happen.

#63 Kallie88

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

View Postpurplekitty, on 13 February 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

Most of the side effects that worry people are minor(that does not mean they are not unpleasant) and the disadvantages of delaying vaccinations outweigh any advantage.

When my children were babies my daughter reacted the whooping cough component with 24 hrs of irritability,temperature and being unable to be put down.
Her next vaccination was delayed.
Now that would not happen.

I never said anything about delayed vaccinations? I'm not sure why this is a reply to me?

#64 purplekitty

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:25 PM

View PostKallie88, on 13 February 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

I never said anything about delayed vaccinations? I'm not sure why this is a reply to me?
Probably an assumption on my part because of the previous posts because research on vaccinations hasn't stopped so I wasn't sure what else you were referring to.

The change in formulation of Pertussis Vaccine was related to a concern about its side effect profile.
It also resulted in a less effective vaccine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.