Prosciutto

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 BECZ

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:02 PM

Hit me with your favourite recipes please?

I bought 2 x 100g packets just before Christmas thinking of trying something different.  Well Christmas time was too busy and I then forgot about it.  It expires today, but it should be ok until tomorrow shouldn't it?  It's the vacuum packed Primo and hasn't been opened.

Thanks!

#2 delta508s-mate

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:08 PM

Mine rarely lasts long enough to end up in a recipe :ph34r:

#3 JK4

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:10 PM

A yummy Jamie Oliver one is chicken breasts (halved so they cook through quicker) in a fry pan, with asparagus, cherry tomatoes and prosciutto. Basically add all to the pan and cook. Delicious and easy, flavors all go together so well, it always a winner here.

#4 JBH

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:17 PM

Is it a best before or used by? Best before, as long as it looks and smells fine, I think no problem.

#5 cvbn

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:18 PM

Wrap around baby potatoes and bake in the oven.

#6 Tomahawk

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:21 PM

Wrap it around rockmelon as an entree

#7 Riotproof

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:24 PM

Use it on pizza. With scrambled eggs on a sandwich or toast.

I do really like it on rockmelon.

#8 But seriously

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

Pasta carbonara! all you need is egg, good parmesan, garlic and olive oil and pasta of course

Edited by But seriously, 11 February 2019 - 05:31 PM.

#9 frogcal

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:38 PM

For something with 3+ months shelf life a few days aren't going to matter.
I eat it with cheese etc on a grazing platter but it is awesome with rockmelon and balsamic vinegar.

#10 BECZ

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:55 PM

View PostJBH, on 11 February 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

Is it a best before or used by? Best before, as long as it looks and smells fine, I think no problem.

It's Used By.

View Postfrogcal, on 11 February 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

For something with 3+ months shelf life a few days aren't going to matter.
I eat it with cheese etc on a grazing platter but it is awesome with rockmelon and balsamic vinegar.

That's what I was think and hoping.  Sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else to be sure.

Thanks, I'll look into these recipes!

#11 No Drama Please

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:57 PM

We just make a salad with baby spinach and bocconcini. It’s also really nice with sliced red apples.

#12 Numpty

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:59 PM

Wrap around figs or prunes and crisp in the oven.

#13 Jenflea

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:03 PM

Wrap it around asparagus spears and cook, then dip in boiled egg.

#14 red_squirrel

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:11 PM

On Turkish bread with pesto, tomato slices and boconcini.

It will be fine a few more days. When it gets old it just gets dry and hard.

#15 Ice Queen

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:24 PM

Rocket, rockmelon, mozzarella, prosciutto salad, balsamic and olive oil as a dressing.
Shovel in mouth while preparing food.
Wrap around cheese.
Bake a pizza, take out when nearly cooked and then layer on the pizza and put back in the oven to finish off.  I don’t actually love fully cooked prosciutto so I only ever warm it.
Toasted sandwich with pesto, prosciutto, tomato, good cheese and rocket.
If in doubt just shovel it in plain.

I really like prosciutto :laugh:

Edited by Ice Queen, 11 February 2019 - 08:25 PM.

#16 just2ofus

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

I wrap chicken breasts with it, throw in some olive oil, chicken stock, a little cream, brocollini, mushrooms, Spanish onion and garlic and bake in the oven. It’s delicious 🤤

#17 sahmie

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:02 PM

View PostIce Queen, on 11 February 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

Rocket, rockmelon, mozzarella, prosciutto salad, balsamic and olive oil as a dressing.
Wrap around cheese.
Bake a pizza, take out when nearly cooked and then layer on the pizza and put back in the oven to finish off.  I don’t actually love fully cooked prosciutto so I only ever warm it.
Toasted sandwich with pesto, prosciutto, tomato, good cheese and rocket.
If in doubt just shovel it in plain.

I really like prosciutto :laugh:

All of this, plus who ruins gorgeous prosciutto by cooking it?! Blasphemy ;)

Edited by sahmie, 11 February 2019 - 11:02 PM.

#18 BusbyWilkes

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:28 PM

With cheese or rockmelon or figs is great. Our favourite though is wrapped around scallops then quickly pan seared or cooked on the BBQ. Drizzle of balsamic - yum!

#19 Silverstreak

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:37 AM

Ooh toasties, in scrambled eggs, wrap around pesto chicken breasts and grill in oven, or just shovel in mouth, as said upthread. I just don't think there's enough prosciutto in my life, sigh.

#20 nom_de_plume

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:12 AM

I stuff chicken breasts with spinach, garlic butter, and sage then wrap with prosciutto. Pan fry with asparagus and cherry tomatoes.

#21 Drat

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:59 AM

Veal saltimbocca. So incredibly tasty.

Or any chicken wrapped in prociutto recipe or on pizza :)

#22 WTF*A*Lot

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:42 AM

Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto then pan fried.

Chicken tenderloins wrapped in prosciutto and oven baked.

SOME brands of prosciutto are nicer than others eaten just with some nice cheese.

Crumbed Camembert wrapped in prosciutto and baked in the oven or fried.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.