Dancing with the Stars 2019

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#1 Paddlepop

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:04 PM

Anyone watch it last night?

I liked the change of hosts. It was nice with no Daryl Somers.

I was surprised at how well Courtney Act danced. She was great. Olympia Valance was good too.

I have a soft spot for James Rees aka Jimmy Giggle because we've been fans of Giggle and Hoot for nearly 9 years now, and have met him at a meet and greet.

I was too distracted by Constance Hall's breasts to watch her feet. I was sure there was going to be some sort of nip slip from the amount of bouncing that was happening.

#2 Fresh Start

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:18 PM

Courtney Act was amazing, clearly worked very hard.

For the most part I tend to be amazed by all of them but Curtly Ambrose looked like wood - his partner made a good staging choice with the mist!

I think the Ballarat born judge (the older guy) is failing in his attempt to be Todd McKenny.

#3 ipsee

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:25 PM

I like Amanda Keller, but I'm not sure what was going on with her hair.

I wish the judges would give some feedback that we (and the contestants) can actually understand.

It was a good start though - lots of them did really well i thought.

#4 Fresh Start

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:29 PM

I think the female judge tried to put it in layman’s terms as much as possible. She and the Irish judge were mostly very nice.

#5 Soontobegran

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:31 PM

I wanted to watch but when I saw Constance Hall was on it I knew it would not be possible.

#6 Zeppelina

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:34 PM

Just watching it tonight on 10 Peach. Really enjoying it!

Glad that Constance Hall seems to have a lovely, supportive (and super enthusiastic!) partner dancing with her, and hope she gets through at least a few rounds.

Also hoping to see Curtly Ambrose back for a few more rounds - both as a cricket fan, but also as someone not very tall married to a very tall man (our wedding dance was...interesting, lol).

eta: How good was Courtney Act??!

Edited by Zeppelina, 19 February 2019 - 10:03 PM.

#7 Paddlepop

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:28 PM

View PostSoontobegran, on 19 February 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

I wanted to watch but when I saw Constance Hall was on it I knew it would not be possible.

She complained about being bullied on social media when the line up was announced a few weeks ago. I rolled my eyes at that. Hasn't she organised mass bullying on social media by her followers? They really portrayed her as a victim.

#8 Froyo

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:30 PM

View PostPaddlepop, on 19 February 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

She complained about being bullied on social media when the line up was announced a few weeks ago. I rolled my eyes at that. Hasn't she organised mass bullying on social media by her followers? They really portrayed her as a victim.
Yes she has. Her item was a perfect toilet break.

#9 Paddlepop

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:34 PM

Excellent idea Froyo. I'll keep that in mind for the next episode. Might put a load of washing on during her segment.

Curtly Ambrose should have paired with a taller dancer. They've had tall female dancers before. This one is the same height of Grant Denyer.

It was nice to see Samuel Johnson on screen again, and looking happy.

#10 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:36 PM

New judges and Amanda's weird hair were a bit distracting. Cassandra Thorburn looked great but her dancing needs work and Sir Curtly can only improve. I have huge admiration for anyone who takes on this challenge. I could not do this for all the tea in China.

#11 Paddlepop

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:40 PM

FGM: Same here. I wouldn't even be able to walk in the high heels. I'd fall over and sprain an ankle.

I check Jimmy Rees' Instagram when he mentioned they'd had twin boys recently. Very recently! First photo of them was posted on 6 February. His wife must be a very supportive woman, and a very confident mum to agree to him being involved in DWTS while having such young twin babies.

#12 Chchgirl

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:57 PM

Loved Samuel Johnson since like forever..

I could listen to the Irish judge all night, but then I love Irish accents!

#13 Fresh Start

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:58 PM

I only watched because of Denise Scott, I love her but I enjoyed them all and will watch again.

I have reads a bit on here about Constance but don’t know enough about her to judge but the comments she read out were awful. Her dance partner seemed a bit distressed by it too.

Oh and Jett Kenny is the perfect mix of his parents, he is incredibly good looking!

#14 Chchgirl

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:58 PM

And yes, Courtney act is amazing!

#15 MrsLexiK

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:19 AM

Why did they put such a tall person with someone so much shorter? Knowing people who have danced on previous seasons and who are dancing this season it’s unusual for the show to partner them up with someone with such a difference in height. I have a feeling that was a stuff up.

#16 Bam1

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:15 AM

View PostPaddlepop, on 19 February 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

I was surprised at how well Courtney Act danced.

I’m not, she is an incredible performer and is already used to sparkling clothes and heels.

On a slightly more serious note, Shane showed a lot of “guts” to enter Austalian Idol at the time as both himself and Courtney. Someone who could do that can do anything!

#17 Nozycat

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:01 AM

Love that this show is back, great family entertainment and followup to I'm a Celebrity.  I love almost anything dance and after the disappointment that was Dance Boss to me so happy to see a dance show I love so much again and I admire them all so much..

#18 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:45 AM

I haven't watched (might follow it on catch up though), but it almost seems like cheating to let Courtney in - she is a professional performer. I watch Rupauls Drag Race and see her a lot through other performers I follow, she is incredibly talented.

#19 Karlee99

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:47 AM

Some of the performers were fantastic, I enjoy this show, easy watching.

Agree Constance's boobs stole the show during her performance.

Not loving the new judges.

I hope Samuel Johnson takes home the trophy, just cause he is so lovable, but he did a great job too.

Courtney was amazing.

Cassandra is looking gorgeous and I thought she got a rough deal score wise.

#20 Soontobegran

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:11 PM

View PostPaddlepop, on 19 February 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

Yes she most certainly has but leaves it to her Queens to do the damage.
She is an awful human headline who can not accept her own failures.

#21 rainycat

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:14 PM

I only watched it to see Denise Scott too and I thought she was fabulous. I couldn’t watch to the end because I can’t handle all of the ads.

I didn’t watch Courtney but I’m sure she was brilliant, saying that it’s doesnt seem very fair having professional performers compete with first timers.

Cass is very brave going on the show but some of the media meanness  towards her is just disgraceful.

I’m surprised Jimmy Giggles (I’m sure he has a real name, just can’t think of it atm) wife didn’t divorce him, I have twins and I depended on my partner so much in the first few months.  What awful timing for her.

#22 Karlee99

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:17 PM

View Postrainycat, on 20 February 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

I’m surprised Jimmy Giggles (I’m sure he has a real name, just can’t think of it atm) wife didn’t divorce him, I have twins and I depended on my partner so much in the first few months.  What awful timing for her.

Oh I don't know - surely lots of multiple parents have to work/don't get time off? Maybe they have great families that are helping out.

Our twins were born Friday night - I don't think my hubby even had one day off, though he must have taken a few hours to drive us home 4 days later.

#23 Paddlepop

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:19 PM

rainycat: Watch it on TenPlay with an AdBlocker. No ads. Jimmy's real name is James Rees, or Jimmy Rees. The female judge called him Jimmy Sizzle, which is a bit disturbing to me!

#24 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:16 PM

View Postcinnamonnutmeg, on 20 February 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

I haven't watched (might follow it on catch up though), but it almost seems like cheating to let Courtney in - she is a professional performer. I watch Rupauls Drag Race and see her a lot through other performers I follow, she is incredibly talented.

It does seem a little unfair although there have been previous dance professionals who have entered (Nicki Webster for one) and they say the difference between being able to dance on your own, and being able to dance with a partner is huge.

#25 lizzybirdsworth

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:09 PM

Loved the first episode. Didn’t realise it was on until Tuesday night so tenplay it was. Some faves, Denise, Sam, Olympia, Courtney. I  think Constance did pretty well I’m just not a fan of her. Michelle looked odd and the pairing of the tall male and that small woman was just strange!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.