Is green poos mandatory for a allergy/intolerance?

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#201 Davidoff-sensei

Posted 12 May 2019 - 05:19 AM

Thanks both of you.

Even his night feeds have dropped to 60ml. They were guaranteed at least a 100ml usually.

It's feeling like he's constipated ... i didn't even think that was possible on Neocate but it seems like it is doing some searching.

If he is does that mean he will always get constipated on Neocate or he will get used to it?

We have a gastro referral but cant get in for two months :(

#202 Wonderstruck

Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:14 AM

Make sure you're on a cancellation list.

For young babies they struggle to coordinate relaxing and pushing poop so it may not be constipation.

Solids constipate in the early days so ensure you offer small amounts of water and fruits like pear and limit banana and rice...

My daughter is chronically constipated and is on daily osmolax which is good but you need q dosage from the gastro as it says it's for kids over 4 (DD has had it since 14 months and I've known younger babies on doctors advice).

#203 afterlaughter

Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:47 AM

If your struggling with constipation I would drop the solids. they complicate getting to a stable place with poo, gut and even reflux. My daughter reflux was worse with purées. It did improve with finger foods. I would start solids closer or at 6 months when can do finger food and he is well established and stable on the Neocate. My friends son only started out drinking 50-60 ml of Neocate but not long later he was drinking how bottles. Hope you can find what’s right soon, this parenting gig is hard.

#204 Davidoff-sensei

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:27 AM

He has poo'd now and not constipated ... he's flat out refusing bottles today now though and basically screamed since waking up. Nothing ever feels right. He is probably just hungry and hating the taste ... he has one suck and gets upset.

Between reflux, gastro issues, bottle aversion, taste, teething etc etc we just cant survive. We are beyond stressed ... i just want a normal life so bad.

I want Neocate to work i just dont know how to get there ... we have no strength anymore to push through things. I'm terrified of being in hospital again and ending up on a tube.

We are so torn whether to just go back to pepti but at the moment it doesn't even feel like that would help. If we offer him pepti i don't think he'd drink that either he just feels off.

We've just given him panadol and he's asleep, will feed when he wakes up but if he refuses im not sure what we do really.

#205 Wonderstruck

Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:22 AM

That's so rough. He ie probably off with the vaccine too. Really hope he feels better after he wakes and takes some formula for you.

#206 Wonderstruck

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:37 PM

I'm hoping things have settled down:(

#207 Davidoff-sensei

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:23 AM

Hi Wonderstruck!

I'm happy to say that the last few days have been amazing. They have probably been the best two days we've had. He is very very happy, very energetic and sleeping amazingly.

His volume is a little lower still however we are trying not to care as much. His poo's are looking great, his reflux seems completely managed. He spits up and it doesn't even bother him lately. We still have a few little feeding/bottle issues but i think they are aversion related and hopefully will clear up in time especially if he's not in pain/discomfort. He no longer poo/farts on every single bottle and he's much less squirmy.

He was weighed this morning so its been 1 week and he's gained 160g! With lower volume to, he gained 90 grams in two weeks of pepti with higher volume.

I guess it could be a fluke but it seems like there must have been some absorption issues from the intolerence i guess.

That weight gain is really what we needed to allow us to relax on the volume side of things. His attitude in the last few days has been the best i've seen since birth.

We are over the moon today to say the least. So glad we continued with Neocate because he doesn't seem to be bothered by taste now :)

#208 Wonderstruck

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:29 AM

Best update!!!

#209 mayahlb

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:34 AM

That is a fantastic update! I hope it only gets better from here.

#210 Zeppelina

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:12 PM

OP I'm so happy for you (I may have tears in my eyes, lol).

Long may it continue!

#211 Ellie bean

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:17 PM

What a huge relief, so happy :)

#212 PrincessPeach

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:21 PM

Awesome update!

#213 alfoil hat

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:41 PM

Wooohooo!

#214 daisychaon

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:59 PM

I have been waiting so long for this post and hoping against hope.
I can’t tell you how happy I am for you
Thank goodness for elemental formulae
I really think you will be on the up for good now. I agree with all your reasoning and logic re malabsorption, aversion etc.
Seriously so beyond happy for you all

#215 MooGuru

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:01 PM

Great update!

#216 Davidoff-sensei

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:03 AM

Thanks to everyone really.

Its been great to be able to come here and vent and talk to people who have gone through similar situations. It can feel so so lonely because your friends and family will never truly understand.

Thanks for listening honestly, i just can't believe how happy he is. We aren't use to it lol.

On a side note he is taking to puree's really really well. He opens wide for the spoon and has basically lost his tongue thrust within the week. It feels good to at least have another option :)

#217 MooGuru

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

I know I really enjoyed learning to parent and get to know my actual baby rather than learning how to manage reflux/cpmi.

Enjoy getting to know your little one!

#218 Davidoff-sensei

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone had experience with weaning off Losec and did they find it suppressed hunger at all when on it?

2 weeks ago we decided to stop Losec, now this could all be coincidence and/or teething but this is what happened.

We stopped it and for a full week he seemed exactly the same, happy and great. His volumes also skyrocketed. He was having days in the 800ml range and even a few days in the 900ml range. It was crazy considering he usually only has around 650-700ml on a good day.

Now i guess it could have been a growth spurt ... he is also 100% teething he has one tooth thats fully out now and the one next to it has just cut today.

Anyway after about a week his feeding starting going downhill again (before the second tooth came in) it wasn't super obvious it was reflux but it was enough to kind of scare us and go back on it. (rejecting feeds, 50-60ml after 4-5 hours. That sort of thing)

Yesterday he only had 420ml, sooky and what you'd expect since he's teething but so confused with the losec and whether we should stay off it since its all happening around the same time.

#219 Wonderstruck

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:28 PM

We always had feeding issues with teething. Teething flares reflux here too.

For us meds only improved our appetite.

My 2 year old certainly still has reflux evidenced by our recent endoscopy- seeing our doctor late next week to get the plan forward.

I'm not much help on weaning as we've always failed and she needs the meds.

#220 Wonderstruck

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:29 PM

We always had feeding issues with teething. Teething flares reflux here too.

For us meds only improved our appetite.

My 2 year old certainly still has reflux evidenced by our recent endoscopy- seeing our doctor late next week to get the plan forward.

I'm not much help on weaning as we've always failed and she needs the meds.

#221 alfoil hat

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:10 PM

How’s it going these days OP?

#222 Davidoff-sensei

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:13 AM

View Postalfoil hat, on 27 June 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

How’s it going these days OP?

Hi there :)

He's really good, we are totally off reflux medication and have been for about a month now. He seems perfectly fine.

He's having anywhere between 750ml-900ml a day now, slow taking to solids but we just arent pushing him.

Sleep is probably our worst thing at the moment but nothing to complain to much about. He's overall really happy unless he is tired like most babies i guess haha.

#223 Wonderstruck

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:10 PM

That is fantastic news!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.