Ready Set Go Girls #282

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
853 replies to this topic

#101 Mara6

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:21 PM

Catching up here, sorry for the late hello's

Welcome Babyblessed, or welcome back. I'm sorry i don't know the answer to your question, i hope it is all going to plan. Congrats on graduating here 9 years ago and congrats on the 60kgs lost, that's amazing! I hope you have success before needing ivf :)

Hi Bunnytum, i wondered where you got to.  I've done the same thing with the new thread. Sounds like a good idea to wait until your guests have gone before starting the FET, I'm sure may will be here before we know it! Enjoy your visitors on the meantime :)

Hi Benny, that's great the biopsy wasn't to bad. Very exciting to be getting ready for your FET too, i hope all your tests come back perfect and fingers crossed steroids not required although as we all say, we'll do what we have to! :)

Babydust to all, sleep well Ck and stay home again if you need to xx

#102 FingersCrossed123

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:45 PM

Hi CK,
That must have been scary, glad you have your mum with you today. So happy for you that there was a heartbeat, please stick around with us, we'd love to support you over the next few weeks xxx

#103 MrsP2014

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:15 PM

ck- thats so scary. we had a bleed with my preganacy that is now dd, it was big it was scary, never worked out why! hopefully its the same for you...

#104 Bunnytum

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:53 PM

Hi CK,

Sorry to hear about your bleeding, that must have been pretty scary. Great news to hear that the bleeding has slowed down and your HCG levels are looking good. Glad your Mum has been able to look after you and hopefully cook you some yummy food xx

#105 FingersCrossed123

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

Benny - how are the meds going?

Bunny- we're on a similar time line - seeing FS in early April with plans for starting a cycle late April. EPU would be early - mid May. Hope you are keeping busy in the meantime

CK- hope all going ok with you?

AFM - I didn't take letrozole this cycle to have a break from the tiredness, and I ovulated on my own on CD14 ! I usually ovulate on my own but just later / irregularly. So was pretty amazed. Maybe my body got the idea of what it is supposed to do.
So 2WW time now.. probably testing around 26th March.

I saw my counsellor last week and basically cried for the whole hour, but I think it was good to get the emotions out.

#106 Mara6

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:12 PM

Hey Fingerscrossed, congrats on ovulating on your own, that is such great news your body is doing all the right things on its own. So much good luck to you for the 2 ww.

Great you saw the counsellor, and great to have that release. xxx

#107 Bunnytum

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:27 PM

Fingerscrossed, that would be great if we end up doing our transfers at a similar time, you don't know what might happen between now and then maybe you won't need one
Glad that you took the time to speak to someone, it must have been a big release for you, better out than in with emotions, definitely.

CK, how are you feeling?

MrsP, is the OHSS on the mend?

I had an appointment with my FS this week and he wants me to do an ERA test before my transfer, so I'm looking to start the drugs for a 'mock cycle' when I get my period and then doing the biopsy at the time when I would be having my transfer.

#108 ckmelb

Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:06 AM

Bunnytum I had an ERA in January - it came back as pre-receptive for me so I needed 12 hours extra progesterone

Fingers crossed - glad you are getting time with the counsellor. Crying can be very therapeutic sometimes. Also great news on your ovulation!

Benny hope your cycle is going well and all others are well too

Thanks all for asking for me. I am awaiting my Tues rescan impatiently now. I am feeling better (although slightly carsick every few hours - which I think is a good sign). And only brown spotting now and then. I think that will persist for a while since I am full of utrogestan so I think it's all mixed in now (sorry if TMI)

#109 Bunnytum

Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:36 AM

Glad to hear you are feeling better CK. Please let us know how your scan goes on Tuesday. xx

It sounds like in your case the ERA test was worthwhile doing.

#110 BabyBlessed#4

Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:30 AM

Quick question ladies...

Does your body metabolise Ovidrel quicker if you are pregnant? Trigger normally takes 10/11 days to be out of my system but this cycle it’s gone in 6 days...
Wondering if this a good sign???

#111 Mara6

Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

Hi Babyblessed, sorry i don't know the answer to your question, hopefully is a good sign! Fingerscrossed. :)

Bunnytum, that's really interesting about the ERA, great if like Ck, you get some direction with interventions that can help. Are you going ahead with that while visitors are with you?

My period started last night so I'm a-go again already. BT for FSH tomorrow then if all good a scan on day 8, if all good with that I'll be straight back on the plane to go down for IUI. Minor problem, day 8 is next Sunday so I'll call the clinic in the morning to see if the scan can be done on day 9 🤞

Thinking of everyone else, hope you've all had a nice weekend xx

#112 FingersCrossed123

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:56 AM

Hey Mara, wow that came round quick! Best of luck to you for this cycle.

Babyblessed- sorry I don't know the answer, but you'll find out in a few days :)

AFM, just a week and 1 day left til I test. In the meantime I have an essay to write which is a very good distraction.

#113 mella32

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:57 PM

Hi ladies,

Just checking in on you all, how is everyone?

Yay Mara that came quick! So excited for you x

FingersCrossed, this is ironic, but my fingers are crossed for you! Hope the 2ww isn’t treating you too bad xx

BabyBlessed, I’m sorry I’m also no help! I do know that I couldn’t wait to test and I had had an overdriel trigger and pregnyl very light booster and my line never faded just got darker. Hoping tho it’s a good sign for you x

AFM: I finally had my scan today and for 8 and a bit weeks we got a great picture and good news, heart rate, size and everything else looks good. I must admit after this Fertilty journey both DH and I didn’t allow our selves to get too excited.. but it feels kind of real now! Very happy.

Would like to keep up with you guys and pop back to see how you’re all going!  x

#114 Mara6

Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:13 PM

Hey Mella, lovely to hear from you and so happy for you! That's awesome news,  congratulations!! I'd love for you to keep checking on us 😊

Fingerscrossed my fingers are crossed for you too xx great you have a distraction,  good luck with the essay! With any luck you'll be testing the same day i do iui 🤞

Clinic said day 9 is fine for the scan so i booked myself in, squeezed myself in to a busy morning for them actually, with the promise of a latte for the sonographer 😉

Good luck tomorrow Ck, I'll be thinking of you all day xx

#115 Bunnytum

Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

Ck all the best for your scan tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you. xx

Mella, It must feel real for you now that you have seen your baby and heard his or her heartbeat, how exciting, so happy for you. Do check in on us from time to time and let us know your you are getting on xx

Mara, all the best for your iui this cycle, loving your idea of bribary via coffee, that would totally work on me haha.

Fingers crossed, it's great that you have your essay to keep you occupied during the TWW, may it go quickly for you :-)

#116 benny81

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:32 PM

CK I hope you are  going alright and everything has settled
Down
Finger crossed good luck in your tww,it’s worth trying if you can while you want formthe next cycle
Bunny it’s worth doing the era test just to make sure conditions are perfect

Sorry babyblessed I’m an not sure about the ovidriel

Mella great news on your scan today you guys must be stoked!
Mara good luck with your scan
Sorry if I missed anyone

Afm - time is ticking over soo slow!! I started steroids on Saturday and still on the doxy, haven’t noticed any side effect which is good
First bloods tomorrow on cd10 to track ovulation for  natural FET
Last month I don’t ov till day 21 man I hope my silly hormones kick it up a notch!’ I’ve been doing seed cycling so hopefully that might help moving stuff along

#117 ckmelb

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:18 PM

Hi ladies thanks for checking in on me

Benny - hope the time goes quickly til your ovulation and FET. I have found the steroids ok, I am on 10mg of prednisolone

Mella - great news on your scan and for the many more to come. Best of luck for a speedy and calm 7 months :)

Mara your IUI will roll around in no time. That's exciting although sounds like a bit of travel for you

Fingers crossed - hopefully that essay makes time fly til the wait is up

Baby blessed - should be a few more days left for testing for you? I don't think you are out until 14/15dpo and even then tests can fail (that happened to someone here recently)

Bunny best if luck in your era test. Hope you lining gets nice and juicy

Mrsp - thinking of you and hoping you see a lovely little blob on your scan tomorrow :)

Joany - I know you are reading not posting so hope you are well

Sorry to anyone else I have missed or I will see some of you on the other board as a few of us have collected over there

AFM scan this afternoon went well which is a relief. I got to actually appreciate seeing the heartbeat on the screen (last week I was too stressed). FS was happy to see me again in 1.5 weeks to keep me sane and then the first antenatal appointment at 10 weeks. It's a nice feeling to know I won't go too long not knowing

As for symptoms I have a few now. A feeling of car sickness comes and goes with heartburn. I am very tired most afternoons (home early from work now lying down) and my very small boobs are a much fuller B cup now which is nice :)

I will keep following your stories even though I will not post about myself here anymore. But I think I have done a few slightly less usual things (natural IVF and IVF overseas) so feel free to PM me if you have questions about either of these

Baby dust to all

#118 Mara6

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:37 PM

Hooray Ck! Your good news has made my day.  What a relief for you, so great you could enjoy the little heart beat today. I'm secretly stalking you and Jelly and the other ladies on the other thread, i love hearing your stories. I wish you smooth sailing from here. 😊❤

#119 Bunnytum

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:33 PM

Amazing news CK! It must have been so cool to hear that little heartbeat today. Wishing you  blissful remaining months of your pregnancy.  ❤️

#120 dreamweaver80

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:31 AM

Hey ladies,

Not sure the protocol for posting here as I'm no longer actively trying but just wanted to pop in and offer my encouragement.

I've been following along and sounds like a lot of you are getting geared up again which is exciting. I will be watching along and rooting for you all. I'm also here as a resource for anyone with questions re IVF, miscarriage or pregnancy as I've gone through it all. Though only here a short time, I've been very grateful for the support on here and always happy to return the favour.

All the very best to you all! xx

#121 Peebs

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:14 AM

Hi Ladies,  hope you don't mind if I join you here.  Have been active in the TTC monthly forums for a while now but we will be moving on to our first round of IVF next cycle in April (I'm CD1 today).

A bit about us, we are on to our 16th cycle TTC #1 now - primary unexplained infertility.  Had all the normal checks done by our FS September 2018 and no issues that can be seen through the standard tests for both of us.  I have slightly high AMH for my age, that's really the only thing that's come out of the tests.

Haven't tried any other fertility treatments as my FS has said that IVF is really the only thing that will increase our chances of conceiving.  I have a textbook cycle 27/28 days and ovulate on my own each month CD 13/14.

We have 1 more appointment with the FS booked for the 9th April then we'll meet with the Nurse and find out our protocol I guess?  FS wants to do half natural IVF, half ICSI to see if the problem is with the egg and sperm meeting and we're also going to do an all freeze cycle due to my high AMH as I could have an issue with OHSS and we are going to PGS testing due to our ages.

Do any of you know whether you usually do the FET the cycle after EPU or do you have have to wait a full cycle before?  I'll be doing an unmedicated FET cycle.

I'm both excited for the possibility of what IVF can bring but also sad and apprehensive, such a mix of emotions that changes from day to day.

Sorry for the essay!!

#122 Mara6

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:41 AM

Hi Peebs,

Welcome to the thread, I hope you don't have to be here too long. This is a great supportive group of ladies, I've been so grateful for them.

Sorry you've had such a long journey so far. Your FS sounds really good though, you've looked into everything and have an interesting plan for your first IVF cycle, to see what else you can learn not just the stock standard baseline, that's great.

I believe the FET can be done next cycle, depending on clinic dates, how you are - OHSS etc, and FS personal opinion some seem to, some don't. But if you're going to have PGS it might be a pretty quick turn around? Still might be ok as you're doing natural FET. I'm sure other ladies will have some more informed advice!

It is such a rollercoaster, along the process of IVF there are so many counts and waits, it is stressful. But the injections are easy, I was worried about feeling crazy on the hormones and didn't at all, the scans and blood tests are easy, EPU was a good solid sleep. It is stressful but it is exciting as well, you're giving yourself a much better chance and will find out things to help along the way.

Welcome and good luck! There are a few of us here who will line up with your dates too :)

Edited by Mara6, 20 March 2019 - 11:42 AM.

#123 Jelly11

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:10 PM

Like Dreamweaver I'm still following along your journeys ladies, just trying not post too much. I just wanted to say good luck Mara with the iui. Got everything crossed it works for you!

Hi peebs, I did a natural FET in the cycle straight after my egg collection and pgd testing so you definitely can as long as the reults are back in time and there are no other issues. I think it helps if it's unmedicated since there's nothing to start day 1 of the cycle when results probably won't be back yet. It worked for me so good luck to you!

#124 Joany

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:39 PM

CK I’m so so thrilled for you and glad you were able to enjoy the scan. All the best for the remainder of your pregnancy xxx

Mara - good luck for your IUI.

Fingers crossed - happy to read you ovulated on your lonesome without the drugs. Hope that you get a nice surprise when you test.

Still in limbo as to when we’ll go again, a lot of family/work stuff going on so I think I’ll push it out till all of that is less stressful.  I’be had a couple of psychologist appointments which I’ve found very helpful.

Baby dust to all and always thinking of you all xxx

#125 FingersCrossed123

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:31 AM

Hi Peebs,

Welcome to the group! It seems like we are in a similar position, we have unexplained infertility as well. Its been over 2 years now trying for our first. Its been a huge emotional rollercoaster. I definitely recommend getting some support from a counsellor or psychologist, it's helped me greatly.

For our first IVF cycle we did standard IVF, but didn't have good results, low fertilisation rate and only 1 suitable embie that didn't implant. We got pregnant naturally after that but had a MMC at 11 weeks due to a chromosomal issue. Since then we've been trying naturally and having a bit of a break from medical stuff.

For the next cycle we will try ICSI. We're seeing the FS in about 3 weeks ahead of doing the next cycle in May. I'll be asking about anything additional we can do than ICSI. I'll also ask about PGD testing, it wasn't originally brought up as an option due to my age, however after the MC I'm interested to know if it would have been picked up in PGD (if it hadn't been natural).

It sounds like you have a great plan with your FS, half IVF and half ICSI.
My advice would be try to go with the flow and take it one day at a time as much as possible once you're in your cycle, a lot of the time things don't go as planned.

Lost of FX for you and I hope your stay here is short.xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.