Jump to content

Ready Set Go Girls #282

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
853 replies to this topic

#26 Mara6

Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:50 PM

I spoke too soon. Right after saying it was minor it has kicked off, not heavy but enough to wear a pad. Hopefully it's all normal and i guess I'll find out tomorrow! Happy to be in Cairns, it's actually almost cool here today which is a nice change. I hope you've got the air con cranked Ck.

Have you stashed them away Jelly?

#27 dreamweaver80

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:03 PM

Good luck Mara and Jelly- big weeks for you both!

Ugggh that heatwave in Melbourne is coming to Sydney tomorrow I think. Thought summer was meant to be over!

#28 Jelly11

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:33 PM

Mara - that sucks that the bleeding has increased. I really hope you get some good reassurance tomorrow and everything goes well in the big smoke ๐Ÿ˜Š

I am being good so far and haven't touched them. DP obviously isn't feeling the anxiousness I am, probably coz he doesn't have to second guess every "symptom", he says why don't I just wait til our official testing day ๐Ÿ™„ The fact early pg symptoms mirror PMS is a very cruel thing!

#29 Mara6

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:59 AM

Thanks ladies ๐Ÿ˜Š

Jelly it's totally ridiculous that the symptoms are similar! Cruel indeed. I wonder if DP will start to get antsy as the date draws nearer.
Symptom checking really does do your head in, I'm already doing it in stims. The bleeding seems to have stopped again but now I'm paranoid the full feeling in my ovaries doesn't seem as much as last time ๐Ÿ™„ I'm putting it out of my head until the scan later!

I hope everyone's going ok in the heat and fires x and i hope not too much googling. Says me ๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by Mara6, 04 March 2019 - 09:01 AM.

#30 Mara6

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:08 PM

Not good news unfortunately. My right side didn't respond and only 1 follicle on the left side, I think she said 16mm. So she recommended not going ahead with epu, I think I was so stunned I didn't even think about questioning that. She went straight to egg donor which I'm not entirely ruling out but am not ready to think about yet. She also suggested just stopping now. I am 44 in May. But I'm not ready to stop, this was only my second cycle and I did respond last time, I just ovulated too early. So we made a plan to go and think about it and have an appointment booked for Wednesday. The tentative plan was to go back to the original protocol but start cetrotide on day 3 instead of day 5, and for me to look at my work roster.

As I drove away I thought about that follicle on my left side going to waste so I pulled over, called the clinic and asked the receptionist (who is lovely) to ask Dr to consider IUI. I know it would be an extra cost for low chances and would be using my vial of sperm but that's what it's there for and that's what I'm here for! So am waiting for a call back.
Dr very nicely said she will only do one more cycle. I'm not even close to giving up yet so hopefully something works.

Thanks for letting me vent, and I hope everyone is doing well xx

#31 ckmelb

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:11 PM

Oh mara, I am so sorry to hear that. That's crap to get all this way and only now find out the protocol wasn't working. I really hope they let you do IUI - you've got a follie there so hope they let you try. Sounds like the original protocol was definitely more suited to you so sounds like a good plan.

Vent away xx

#32 Mara6

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:37 PM

Ck thankyou. Oh man, the nurse has just called, Dr said she will do it but she said there's only a 1-2% chance of it working. It sounds crazy to go ahead with those odds but i am single as you know and have never tried to fall pregnant. At least i would be actually trying if i have it.  If i don't have the iui i have 0% chance. I need to decide in the next hour,(to take home the trigger) im going into the clinic now to find out the cost, i don't think it's that much, and i queried the % of ivf working at my age, it might not be all that different!
I think i have to do it, i have to give myself that 1-2% shot! If it doesn't work I'll have to go back to donor shopping which was so hard but so be it.  

#33 Mara6

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

I'm actually amazed this Dr said yes! I think that's a bit of a sign to just do it

#34 ckmelb

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

Mara I think you know my answer here. Just do it. 2% chance is higher than 0% and you have travelled all that way. I also sent you a PM

PS crossing everything for you

Edited by ckmelb, 04 March 2019 - 03:41 PM.

#35 Mara6

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:50 PM

Thankyou Ck xxx
I often think of you, we're pretty similar but you've been tackling this a lot longer than me. And i love how you put in a couple of lines what i have to rave about to get my point across.  I'm a bit hyped up so can't find pm's on my phone but will find it soon xx
Heading in now and will do it.  Also will ask if i should stim another night, i still have one dose of everything and follie is just 16... I'll ask.

#36 Jelly11

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:29 PM

Oh Mara that's so disappointing after they thought this new protocol would improve things for you. I really feel for you. My vote is to go ahead with iui. Extra cost at this stage must be tough but after how much you would have already forked out at least it gives you a chance. Let us know how you go xx

#37 Mara6

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:58 PM

Thanks Jelly x
Total whirlwind hour or so but I decided to go with it, votes from you and Ck and another friend made it unanimous and we know the position we're in, the emotions and frustrations. I have to give it a try and as Ck said 2% is better than 0%
It's actually going to end up a lot cheaper than going ahead with epu etc as well as all the stress of anaesthetic then the numbers game and waiting. Also the stress of early ovulation like last time is not an issue now, that's a huge relief.
I have the trigger to take at 11pm and  iui/transfer (i can't say insemination, it makes me think of cows) will be 11am Wednesday. I feel so much better now I'm doing something again :)

How are you doing Jelly? 2 more sleeps and testing? I hope you are keeping distracted xx

#38 Jelly11

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

Ok I confess, I'm weak, I never should have bought the tests so early, I caved and it was this evening so not even using FMU. I'm pathetic. But.... light but definite second line. It's freaking positive!

Attached Files

#39 Mara6

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:07 PM

Oh my gosh! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Holy moly Jelly that is so awesome,  oh boy i think the tears i held all day are coming for you now! How did you keep a steady hand to write on that thing! Omg congratulations! I can't wait to see tomorrow morning's test ๐Ÿ˜
Jelly I'm so happy for you โคโคโค

#40 Jelly11

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:12 PM

Thanks Mara. We're having such a good run with BFPs in here I am hoping with everything I've got that that means you'll be in that 1-2%! I also hope you have more willpower than me!

#41 Mara6

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:18 PM

Haha I think I'll be exactly the same as you :) omg im so happy for you and yes! 2% might be all i need!:)

#42 ckmelb

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:24 PM

Yep jelly that's definitely a line!! No squinting required - very visible. Congrats sooooooo happy for you. Any chance they will do your beta Friday?

#43 Joany

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:51 PM

Iโ€™m so sorry Mara, itโ€™s so difficult to hear the news that youโ€™re body isnโ€™t responding the way itโ€™s supposed to (or the way weโ€™d hoped it would). I also agree with CK and Jelly and just do it. Iโ€™m surprised she has already suggested donor eggs when you got so many eggs first cycle. Sending lots of love and hugs to you xxxxx and crossing my fingers and toes that this is your little miracle.

Jelly - congrats! A second line is a second line. Yay!!

#44 Jelly11

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:19 PM

I hadn't even thought about that CK. Can't hurt to ask at least, worst they can do is say they prefer the later date. (Or tell me off for testing too early but technically no one there told me not to ๐Ÿ˜)

#45 Mara6

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:28 PM

Good idea Jelly and then you can still go again Tuesday and see it rising!

Thanks Joany, nice to hear from you.  I think this Dr, while lovely, has my age in her mind and assumes the worst. I did feel a bit frustrated with being called a poor responder when actually i responded well (for my amh) the first time! I think she is very conscious of ethical practice (which i understand) so will probably reinforce the low % on Wednesday but I'm ready for it. I hope you're doing well xx

Jelly I hope they don't tell you off! It's positive, what can they say! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

#46 dreamweaver80

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:10 PM

Oh Mara I'm sorry that things haven't gone as you wanted today. I admire your composure and positivity, if I had ever gotten to the point where a doctor said there was no hope in continuing I would be in a far worse place than you. I didn't actually know a FS would make the decision to stop treatment to be honest, thought it was always the patient's decision. Glad you're deciding to go forward with the IUI and I really hope you're one of the lucky ones.

Yay Jelly definitely two lines there! Congrats and here's to seeing that first line darken every day from now!

Hope everyone else is well x

#47 FingersCrossed123

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:21 PM

Hi Mara - sounds like a crazy day of ups and downs. I hope you are able to have a rest this evening ! I'm sorry that the protocol wasn't working, this process is such a rollercoaster and often when you think you're on top of things something goes off track. I'm glad your doctor agreed to give you a chance and an appointment to talk about another cycle.

Jelly - congratulations ! they will usually bring forward your BT if you ask pretty please nicely. best of luck.. will you stop testing now or feel like using the whole pack ? lol

AFM - made an appointment to see the FS in April and got the GP referral so feel like we are slowly moving towards doing something.

I decided not to take letrozole this month and have a break from the tiredness. I should still ovulate it might just be a bit later.

#48 Mara6

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:58 PM

Thanks ladies. It was a bit hard for a short time but i have a plan now so feel ok.

Fingerscrossed that's great you can have a break from drugs but still ovulate so you're still in the game. Do you use the tracking tests? Also great you have your appointment booked in, it always feels good to have something happening. April will be here before we know it xxx

#49 Mara6

Posted 05 March 2019 - 12:36 PM

How did you go Jelly did you test again?

I've just booked acupuncture for tomorrow, before and after "transfer". After that I'll be picking up my friend from the airport, she was coming to pick me up from epu but this will be nice too. She can distract me from wanting to stand on my head all evening.  


Edited by Mara6, 05 March 2019 - 12:37 PM.

#50 FingersCrossed123

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:42 PM

Hi Mara - I use CB digital ovulation, take my temperature, check cervix and CM. I start about CD11 and all of those signs together means I can usually pinpoint it.

I don't think ovulation or BD Timing is our problem unfortunately, when we did IVF last year we had a low fertilisation rate and of the 4 embryos we did have, 3 grew incorrectly and the only suitable one didn't implant.

I have no idea how I got pregnant naturally last year, the FS's plan was to use ICSI to get the best sperm and a different stimulation medication try and get the eggs better quality.

Overall she said they basically seem to not like each other without being able to pinpoint anything scientifically.

That's so nice your friend will be there soon for some support and distraction :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


Top 5 Viewed Articles

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.