Ready Set Go Girls #282

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
853 replies to this topic

#76 Jelly11

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:24 PM

Just got my phonecall. Levels were 256 and since they were only looking for over 200 they don't need to repeat. Next step is booking early scan for the 26th 😊

Sorry for not doing personals, I'll have to return and do that later.

#77 ckmelb

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:05 PM

Yay Jelly!!!!!! I was popping in hoping you got the call. That's great news, and what a way to start the long weekend :) congrats and enjoy it

#78 Mara6

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:25 PM

Jelly that's awesome! Congratulations I'm so so happy for you, yes excellent news before the long weekend :)

Well done joining the BFP club, there are a few of us here who will be right behind you 😁

#79 dreamweaver80

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

Woohoo, congrats Jelly!

Such good news for the weekend xx

#80 mella32

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:11 PM

Great news! Congratulations Jelly! Great way to start the weekend xx

#81 Jelly11

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:43 PM

Thanks all for the support it's very handy when you can't shout your news from the rooftops.

Mara - I'm sorry you had to cancel and I hope you're looking after yourself. I'm so glad your fs is open to trying iui to give you more options. Happy donor shopping and I really hope it works out for you.

Mella - like you I won't be having a repeat BT so can only assume that means numbers are high enough that levels must already be doubling or something? I'm sure your nausea is a good sign things are progressing well as horrible as it must be.

Mrs P - I'm so sorry to hear about the OHSS, it sounds horrible. I hope you have a quick recovery.

I hope everyone else is going well and enjoy the long weekend if you get it (sorry dreamweaver).

Edited by Jelly11, 08 March 2019 - 09:44 PM.

#82 FingersCrossed123

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:35 AM

MrsP2014 - so sorry to hear you have OHSS. How are you feeling? Are you in hospital or home resting?
Hope your second blood test went well. Lots of fingers crossed for you.

Jelly - Congrats on great numbers.

CK, dream weaver and mella - how are things going? I hope all going well for you.

Mara - I hope you had a nice time with your friend and have a relaxing weekend ahead.

AFM - I've been having a hard couple of weeks. mostly in relation to the MC. I don't want to say too much here when we have so much happy pregnancy news. Just trying to take it day by day.

#83 Mara6

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:52 PM

Thanks Jelly, I'm feeling pretty good now focusing on the next steps.  I hope you're doing something lovely with DH this weekend. I can imagine your smile which might be even bigger than shouting from rooftops ❤

Fingerscrossed I'm sorry you're feeling down. I think you are welcome to express yourself here, everyone is here to support you. These beautiful ladies who have their happy news understand it's a tough journey and they know you are happy for them at the same time. I think there is room here for celebrating, for support and for grieving. You don't need to keep it in. Taking it day by day is all you can do,  i hope that as you get closer to actively doing things toward the next cycle you'll feel a bit better and be looking forward more. Lots of love to you, be gentle this weekend xx

#84 dreamweaver80

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:34 PM

Aw Fingerscrossed I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. Please don't feel you have to keep anything in, I think it's perfectly reasonable to be feeling the way you are. You're allowed to be in your grief for as long as you need and handle it on your terms. I echo Mara in that here you will find people who do truly understand how difficult this all is and are here to support, celebrate and grieve. Personally, I have been where you are and it's hell but you have to keep living, as you say, day by day. Be kind to yourself
It's lovely of you to still ask after those of us with good news, I'm truly sorry if it's difficult for you to hear.
AFM- Mentally, I'm trying to be excited but there are more anxious days than happy this early. I know the chance of having a 3rd miscarriage is very low but getting two consecutive pregnancies seems equally unlikely. I've just never been lucky in anything, which is in itself a strange way of thinking of the situation I'm in. The mind really does play some strange tricks..
I'm off to bed (before 9 on a Saturday night) as I've got my friend's kids for the next two days as they attend a wedding out of town. 3 kids under 3 and morning sickness/extreme fatigue is bound to be a good combination. Going to try and get about 12 hours of sleep tonight to hopefully help me get through it!
Hope everyone else has a restful Sunday xx

#85 ckmelb

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:51 AM

Fingers crossed, sorry to hear you are having a tough time. as others have mentioned feel free to share with our group, that's what we are all here for. This forum can't be just for good news.

MrsP i am hoping you are feeling much better this weekend and that your beta numbers are doubling

Jelly - i hope you are enjoying your long weekend too and having a bit of a celebration :)

Mara - hope you are getting out and about and enjoying the last few days you have in town

AFM - I strangely feel like I am just in the next phase of IVF. It's hard to actually register that I am pregnant so hoping the scan will help make it more real. I have been tired, and napping petty much every day.

Dreamweaver - I hope you get enough time to rest with all the kiddies over in the next couple of days

#86 dreamweaver80

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:59 AM

I don't know if any of you are in NSW but saw this on the news last night:

https://www.sbs.com....r-access-to-ivf

Sort of wish I knew that government subsidised IVF was available at the hospital 5km from my house (and where my son was born) I'm pretty sure we went with the most expensive clinic in the city :omg:

#87 Mara6

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for the link dreamweaver, hopefully ivf does become more and more accessible in the future, especially for low income earners. In the meantime i think my clinic is the most expensive as well!

Ck that makes sense, for ages you've been either taking meds or in a waiting period, always doing something toward getting that bfp. Now you have it but i guess there's still meds and waiting periods! When is your scan? Will this one be too early for a heart beat? i wonder if it'll really hit when you hear/see that :)

#88 BabyBlessed#4

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:48 PM

Well hello ladies...

I am BACK! It’s been almost 9 years since I graduated from this group & I am back again... TTC with my new partner!
Hoping to avoid IVF this time as I am 60kg lighter then the last time & my DF has a super high sperm count...

Anyways... I am on 7.5mg of Letrizole on CD3-7 & doing Ovidrel Trigger!

This is all new to me so I am hoping someone can help me...

I had a scan on Wednesday which showed 2 follows on my right around 17mm each & 2 on my left about 12-13mm... I triggered on Friday 8am...

I felt what I assume was O pains yesterday on my right at about 3pm but then tonight I felt the same thing on my left about an hour ago...

Is it possible the smaller ones just took longer to mature & release the eggs? Or is this all in my head?

Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated...

#89 MrsP2014

Posted 11 March 2019 - 03:17 PM

welcome baby blessed!

fingerscrossed- its really hard, MC sucks and there are so many triggering factors that can turn an okay day into a night mare here. i now just try and role with it, as best i can, acknowledge that i feel this was because its horrible. i have found a grief counsellor really helpful in this, she's helped me work through a lot of it. im happy for a PM and chat if you ever need too.

jelly- thats a great number, wishing you a dull 9 months.

afm- so my next beta is in and its at 285 up from 100 so nearly tripled which is great, still anxious as all hell but i don't anticipate that will resolve until i have this baby in my arms.

baby dust to all

#90 benny81

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:53 PM

Great numbers jelly!! Congrats you
Fingercroosed I hope you are travelling alright this gig is really tough!!

Mrs P is the OHSs symptoms subsiding now?

Baby blessed welcome back!!

Afm - I have been stressing out about my endometrial biopsy and had it on Friday. I should not have worry about it cause it wasn’t painful at all , the fs thinks that all my mcs helped
And I’m now day 2 of my FET cycle getting excited!!!
Starting doxycycline today then steroids on Saturday while we wait for the results of the biopsy and mri . Hopefully I won’t need the steroids I’m not looking forward to the side effects

#91 Bunnytum

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:21 PM

Hey guys,

I have just found this new thread. I had stopped getting notifications since this new thread started and have only just caught up with everything now.

Jelly, whohoo! congrats on your BFP, so excited for you.

Mara, sorry to hear that you have not been able to do anything this cycle, one of the worst things about IVF is that anything can happen at any time and it is somewhat out of our control. It sounds like you have got some next steps in place for next cycle which is good news.

Mrs P, How are you feeling with the OHSS? hope you are on the mend. :-)

Benny, so great that you have your biopsy out of the way and now you can look forward to your FET!

Fingers Crossed, Sorry to hear that things have not been easy, this is totally understandable and we are always here for you to lend an ear. xx

AFM, I'm thinking to wait until early May to do my FET, which seems like ages away but I'm sure it will come around soon. Mainly because we have guests staying with us for the next month and I think I would prefer to have the privacy for us to not have anyone in the house during that time.

Sorry if I have missed anyone, hope everyone is having a good week and those in Melbourne have enjoyed the long weekend. xx

#92 dreamweaver80

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:40 PM

Mara6, on 10 March 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

Thanks for the link dreamweaver, hopefully ivf does become more and more accessible in the future, especially for low income earners. In the meantime i think my clinic is the most expensive as well!

Ck that makes sense, for ages you've been either taking meds or in a waiting period, always doing something toward getting that bfp. Now you have it but i guess there's still meds and waiting periods! When is your scan? Will this one be too early for a heart beat? i wonder if it'll really hit when you hear/see that Posted Image

Hopefully it does become more affordable in the future.. it seems so unfair that infertility needs to be turned into such a money-making business. Could be worse though, I have friends in the US who are in the hole about $100,000US after 3 cycles. Disgraceful..but that's another topic altogether.

I'll have to catch up with everyone later. As predicted, I'm completely drained after 2 days running around after 3 kids. The littlest was up at 4 am so that's when I was up as well. I cannot wait for bed!

#93 ckmelb

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:53 AM

Hi ladies, popping in here to report I unexpectedly had my first scan today at exactly 6 weeks (a day early). I popped to the loo before seeing the nurse for my progesterone shot this morning and had heaps of bright red bleeding.

I have had very minor brown spotting so far but this was completely different - much heavier and definitely bright red. The nurse gave me my shot and then asked the dr to scan me, which he did. There was a heartbeat (apparently over 120 but he didn't tell me exactly what it was) and it all looked ok otherwise. Couldn't see the source of the bleeding.

So I am home now with my legs up and trying to stay relaxed. Not much I can do now but stay positive. I am increasing progesterone shots to every second day now in addition to pessaries and having a rescan next week.

I think I need to technically step away from this group now that I had a successful first scan but feel uneasy doing so particularly after what just happened. But I guess I have to focus on the positives.

Thanks for everyone's support and wishes so far. Baby dust to all of us xx

#94 Mara6

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:46 AM

Have pm'd you Ck. That's really scary but i hope ok considering the scan. Keep up your rest,  do you have someone to look after you? I think everyone will be happy for you to stick around here.  So much love and baby dust to you ❤❤❤

#95 Joany

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:33 AM

oh CK, that’s definitely a little scary but so happy you saw a heartbeat. Definitely stick around for another week and crossing fingers and toes for another positive scan next week. Take it easy xxx

#96 dreamweaver80

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:47 PM

Oh my goodness CK, you must have been freaking out! Relieved to hear you've seen/heard a heartbeat and maybe they don't think it's too serious if they're not scanning you until next week.
Keep your feet up and try not to worry- easier said than done I know!

#97 ckmelb

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:57 PM

Thanks ladies for all your kind wishes. Mum has come over and soup has been cooked and eaten so feeling a bit better.

Bleeding seems to have slowed and it's a darker brown now which is a good sign I think. The nurse called and said my prog was 58, which is down from about 120 almost 12 days ago. 58 is still in target range but who knows if that's what caused the bleeding (she said we won't know for sure). So more progesterone for me. My HCG is 17000 which is within range

#98 mella32

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:58 PM

Oh Ck, I’m so sorry, that must have been so scary! Positive side you got to see your little babe and things look okay. Sending you lots of relaxing vibes, out your feet up and take care of yourself :) and another bright side, you get to see your babe again next week! Lots of love xx

#99 Mara6

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:04 PM

Ck, great news re your beta, and good your progesterone is within normal limits and that you can boost it yourself. Also great the bleeding is slowing. Excellent results, hopefully that just continues :) xx

#100 Jelly11

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:24 PM

That must have been very scary CK but I'm glad the timiing meant you could get seen straight away and have had some good results since. Fingers crossed it's just one of those things that may not be explained but doesn't affect bubs in anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.