Ready Set Go Girls #282

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
853 replies to this topic

#776 Pickle14

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:30 AM

Hey MrsGTI
I’m not sure how quickly the results come back, but we got my partners back within a week for our FS appointment. It may have been available earlier though.

We had our embryos tested, and really glad we did. From our 6 tested 3 came back normal, so it makes a difference as that could have been 3 failed transfers for us, as it is now we’ve had our first 2 not work out, for different reasons, but I think if that number had been 5 failed attempts with the abnormal embryos my mental health and resilience would be tested!

I had my partner do the injections. Best decision, as he was a bit more involved in the process (it’s very ‘us’ centred throughout IVF right?!) Also he made a bit of a thing with it all, getting the ice, putting on music etc so sweet. I know a lot of women who have managed the injections themselves, so I think it can be done, but I just needed to hand that part over to him.

As Bumble says this is a very overwhelming time. It’s all new and there is so much to process! Great if your clinic has the counseling services, I took these up at different times over this year. I’ve also had my sister go through IVF and my best friend as well, so knowing that and having people to talk to that understand has also been great. This group is also a good spot to share when you need 😊

Best of luck getting started! Keep us posted on how things are going xx

#777 Gabbitz

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:07 PM

Hi ladies,
Just found this thread. I understand the confusion of ivf stuff and every doc does things a little differently too!

We’ve just done a donor egg FET - Transfer was Friday, so I’m in the very long tww. It’s already driving me nuts!

My DH and I have been on this fertility journey for 10 years, so I know it’s not fun. I’ve had severe endo that’s damaged my eggs and so we weren’t able to get mature eggs from me (we’ve gone through about 7 IVF cycles).

However we have  21mo DS born from an anonymous donor and we now have three remaining frozen embies from a second anon. Donor.

Really hoping this transfer takes. I’m on so many drugs at the moment that any time I feel a ‘symptom’ I’ve got to remind myself it could just be everything else too.

BTW ladies, I’ve always found the nurses are the best help. They seem to get the crazy that is IVF!

Also, because I’m on ridiculous amounts of stuff I do up my own cheat sheet to mark off that I’ve actually taken everything that I need to for the day - pesaries, injections, tablets, capsules, gels etc.

#778 Bumbleflop

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:05 PM

Hey Gabbitz! :) I’ve got everything crossed for you and hope your tww goes quick. I’m like you and have to tick everything off, I lose track otherwise haha

I should find out tomorrow when my FET will be...I’m thinking early next week 😬 now my biggest problem is if I join a group holiday in Asia with mates in a couple months...I always said I wouldn’t travel pregnant especially to Asia but I feel like I’m constantly putting life on hold for the what if’s and then being disappointed.

#779 Gabbitz

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:32 PM

Thanks Bumbleflop.
Good luck to you too.

I understand the frustration of putting life on hold for IVF. Sometimes I’ve found that I go to stuff, but can’t participate or have had to cancel because I was feeling so lousy, depressed etc. if you want to travel though, check with your doc if there are any places that they would consider worse to visit risk wise, things to watch out for while travelling. They might be able to give you some ideas to minimise risk.

Likewise being away from all the stress of dealing with infertility stuff at home might help too. I know I’ve been feeling more relaxed this time because whilst my son can be stressful, it’s an amusing/frustrating stress compared with work stress. He helps me laugh and that’s been good medicine!

I hope it all goes well for you too. I’ll be thinking of you when you have your transfer.  I don’t know whether your doc recommends it, but my doc got me to take 2 Valium tabs an hour before transfer. Certainly helps to reduce the stress of wishful thinking and i scored a nice nap when I got home!

#780 Bumbleflop

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:14 AM

Just had my ultrasound to check my lining..only 5.8 and I’m on CD14 😔 I’ve been taking vitamin E and COQ10 as well...so transfer is going to be held off a bit to try and solve it 😢 a bit bummed. I took next week off work to relax but now it’s for nothing and I can’t take the week after off. I was going to ask about the Valium but totally forgot when she started talking about the lining 😒 will ask next time though! Thanks for the tip 👍

#781 Gabbitz

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:36 AM

Oh Bumbleflop, so frustrating. Hopefully it just takes your body a couple of days to generate a thicker lining. When do you go back and are they asking you to try anything different or just to give it time?

Have you been on Sandrena gel, estradiol, feldene (piroxicam) or low dose aspirin before? I’ve been on all of them and had to go on higher doses of them the one time my lining didn’t cooperate. The first two are estrogen supplements and the second two, I think are meant to help with blood flow to the uterus- all stuff that could be good. My doc works with a compounding pharmacy for the estradiol, but the others are commercially available.

#782 Bumbleflop

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:55 PM

All I’ve been on is the estradiol 2mg twice a day and I just got the email to say to continue with that and go back in on Friday 😔 I would of liked something else to boost it up 😔 this is my first FET so haven’t tried anything else before either 🤷‍♀️ From what I’ve read my lining should be double the thickness it is now 😳

#783 Gabbitz

Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:12 PM

If this is your first FET, they may not be willing to experiment too much as they might find you react too strongly. Sometimes just the additional time is all it takes for your body to get going.

I’m an older lady (38), and I’ve been through quite a few different drug combinations over the years to find what I seem to react to. From what I understand, I’m on a pretty severe protocol- but we know it worked as we used this protocol for the cycle for my 21mo DS.

If the additional time isn’t sufficient to help your lining develop, then they might look at additional stimulation.

I know how frustrating it is though when you basically feel stuck in limbo. Will be thinking of you this week, hoping that your lining thickens up beautifully!

#784 Bumbleflop

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:45 PM

You are an angel ☺️ Thankyou, I’ll stop stressing lol when I walked in this morning there was a lady walking out in tears and I just wanted to give her a hug. Little did I know that was gonna be me in half an hour! Such a roller coaster ride that no one wants to be on.

#785 Gabbitz

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:54 PM

Yeah the roller coaster analogy is a great one! But it’s so hard. I get that.
Hope I can help because I never knew what might be available out there and I personally like knowing that there are other options there if there needed. I just hope for your sake they’re not needed.

#786 Gabbitz

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:59 PM

I think as well I struggled to share with people initially as I felt that because I couldn’t get pregnant I was faulty and felt like people judged me poorly because of that. In hindsight I don’t think they did, but they certainly made some pretty insensitive comments at times.

I hope you have some support around you who can make you laugh when you desperately need it!

My previous doc (retired now unfortunately) was great at getting a laugh during the transfer. 1 - he had me on Valium so I was nice and relaxed and 2 - he’d get you to sing the Play School theme song. You couldn’t help but laugh. Laughter is indeed good medicine!

#787 Bumbleflop

Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:20 PM

Yeah we have struggled with telling people we are doing IVF. Only my closest mates know but none of Hubby’s which was his choice. It’s hard when they are so excited for our first FET, puts a little bit of extra pressure on to hope it works. Don’t want to get to that awkward stage where we have been doing it for a while with no success like we did with natural TTC.

How are you going with your TWW? Are you going to do a home test before ur FS bloods? Can u test early or are there drugs in ur system that need to fade out first? I’ve never been a tester but I think I will be with this FET lol

#788 Gabbitz

Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:52 PM

I’ve been much more open about sharing with people this time around. We’d love for it to succeed, but are already blessed with our son, so whilst I’m gone to be hurting if it doesn’t work, I think I can keep it in better perspective this time than previous attempts.

I’m not meant to test until next Thursday as I’ve had three (or will have) 3 pregnyl injections (hcg) as
LH support. I’ve taken 2 so far, the next and last is meant to be tomorrow, but I’m seriously tempted to POAS tomorrow morning before I do my injections. I’m just not sure what it would mean. It’s been 5 days since my last hcg injection, so it’s possible that the artificial hcg is out of my system, but it might not be, so I don’t know that the test will tell me much.

Sometimes I think I’m pregnant because I seem to already be needing to eat a 3am and I thought I felt implantation pain early Saturday morning after transfer, but I’m also on so many meds, that it could all just be artificially stimulated.

Its so hard waiting. It’s times like this I wish I were back at work (I’m still on maternity leave from my son) - at least work gives something solid to focus on.

Hope everything’s going well for you too.  Two more days hopefully!

#789 Bumbleflop

Posted 18 September 2019 - 06:14 PM

hmmm in your position I probably wouldn’t test tomorrow. If it’s BFN then what would u do? Id end up depressed and assume all hope is lost. If it’s BFP then you can’t be sure if it’s the injection or a true BFP? Whatever you choose to do, I’ll be thinking of u and have everything crossed that if u test, it’s a BFP 🤞enjoy the 3am munchies lol

#790 Gabbitz

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:10 AM

It was 4am munchies this morning, so I got  a little more sleep, yay! And I convinced myself not to test, to give my emby every chance to be well and truly stuck and growing well by next week. Now I’ve taken my last booster shot, so I have to wait anyway.

I’ve got playgroup with my son this morning, so that’s always a fun distraction.

All the best for tomorrow too Bumbleflop. Hope your lining is growing nicely. Be thinking of you tomorrow too.

#791 Bumbleflop

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:20 PM

Well done on resisting temptation!! :)

I had some good news yesterday that my lining was 7mm so they are happy for me to take progesterone today for a transfer on Thursday. The bad news is my GP thinks I have lupus. Have a lot of investigating to do in regards to that and not sure if we should go ahead with the transfer :( so a little bummed and scared...nothing is ever easy :(

Edited by Bumbleflop, 21 September 2019 - 03:21 PM.

#792 Gabbitz

Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:09 PM

Great news about your lining thickening up.  Progesterone is the next step to ready you for transfer.

Not so great about the lupus though. I know nothing about that, but I can imagine it’s very scary to be told that. Is it something that they do a blood test for or something- can you get a second opinion?

That’s a huge decision though to decide whether to go ahead or not.

Lupus is some sort of auto-immune thing isn’t it?
My doc was concerned that I had slightly elevated NK cells in some of my blood tests, so he put me on Prednisone. That’s meant to suppress some of the immune response. It’s one of the drugs that seems to be a bit ‘iffy’ on research - some papers support its use in IVF, some don’t. But we kept it as part of this cycle because it worked for us during our previous pregnancy. It’s not a nice drug to be on - causes fluid retention and bloating. I find combining it with fibre capsules and a probiotic helps heaps.

Not sure if that’s something that your doc might look into.
It’s perhaps a question you can ask at least.

I’ll be thinking of you this week as you work out your options.

Edited by Gabbitz, 21 September 2019 - 07:10 PM.

#793 Bumbleflop

Posted 21 September 2019 - 11:25 PM

Yep it’s an autoimmune issue that shows up on certain blood tests 😔 I’ve always had a low positive ANA but GP never looked into it and I pushed for more testing recently. I’ll see my FS Monday to look at options but I’ll need to see an immunologist or something like that to get a diagnosis. Ughhh why is everything so hard 🙄
I’m thinking my FS might put me on steroids or aspirin like u or maybe he will just want to see what happens 🤷‍♀️ Hopefully it’s not a cancellation..🤞thanks for the tips if I do end up on prednisone, anything to reduce the bloating is something I would try lol I always look pregnant 😏 hope u r going well in ur TWW and staying busy ☺️ U thinking its going one way or the other or just going to wait until u see a test until u speculate? 😬 got my fingers crossed 🤞

#794 Gabbitz

Posted 22 September 2019 - 06:03 AM

Hey Bumbleflop. Hope your FS can help with some answers for this cycle and what the implications might be.
BTW this time, my doc had me on Prednisolone not Prednisone. Supposedly they are boiactively the same drug, so don’t be concerned if that seems confusing either. I’m not sure if there was a price difference or anything.

I’m trying to keep busy to keep each day passing one by one. It’s really tough though because I’m exhausted! My 21mon DS has been really challenging this week. He’s just been through a growth spurt and a development spurt which is great, but it means he’s back to checking to see if we’ve extended his boundaries on anything - which we haven’t! So he’s getting himself into trouble and chucking hissy fits at the smallest things.

However he’s also really cute as he’s trying out his new ball kicking and throwing skills and he’s so proud of himself! He’s also trying out lots of new words and some of his pronunciations are hilarious eg: koala = ko-wa-wa

I don’t know whether I’m pregnant or not. I think I might be one day and then flip flop the other way the next day. Some things that seem to be going on I remember as pregnancy signs with my son - the being hungry and needing to pee (sorry tmi!) at 3 - 4am. But I wouldn’t have thought I could be far enough along for that to have kicked in yet. So I’m not sure if it’s just all the artificial hormones I’m on causing those things - but none of them triggered until after my transfer, so I’m trying to be cautiously optimistic.

I had my last hcg booster on Thursday, so I’m trying to hold off til at least Tuesday/Wednesday to try a poas. My blood test is booked for Thursday and i’ll definitely being doing one the morning before I go for that, just to give myself some advance notice one way or the other.

#795 Bumbleflop

Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:39 PM

Aww I’m glad the (almost) terrible twos are hidden briefly for cute moments to remind you why this is all worth it 😍 Thursday is going to be a big day but I’m totally with u in testing yourself the day before. I’ll be doing the same! I don’t want to find out from a phone call.

I think these hormones can mess with your mind in so many ways...over the past 3 years I’ve been CONVINCED that I was pregnant so many times that I don’t even want to try and count them. I really hope they are positive signs for you though and it all makes sense in a few days ☺️

I’ll find out tomorrow if my FS wants to add anything to the cycle 🤞will probably pick ur brains after 😂

Edited by Bumbleflop, 22 September 2019 - 11:40 PM.

#796 Gabbitz

Posted 23 September 2019 - 05:55 AM

I hope your FS can help you out tomorrow, give you some more reassurance, answers etc. Are you still thinking transfer will be Thursday?

I’m more than willing to answer what questions I can, if you need to. I know over the years that I’ve had so many. I used to make a list to take with me - at which my DH would just roll his eyes!

Yes it is eventually all worth it. Our DS is our little miracle and has been all along. He was born of an anonymous donor egg because of my endo, survived a massive hematoma during pregnancy at 7 weeks and was born at 32 weeks!

So this time we have had our miracle of another donor - who we didn’t think would happen. Would love this time around for that to be the only necessary medical miracle! (Apart from the cool fact of a baby growing away inside me, which is pretty incredible no matter how they are conceived!)

Anyway, this week I’m at least a bit more occupied- I’m cake cooking. We celebrate my husband and my brother’s birthdays this coming weekend - hubby 40, brother 50. I’m making a rubik’s cube cake. So that should take up a bit of time at least.

#797 Bumbleflop

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:03 PM

A Rubik’s cube cake?! 😱 omg you have accepted a form of torture 😂😂 I hope it’s baking well and turns out ok! I hope your hubby gets the birthday gift he’s after 🤞

Saw my FS this morning...my ANA has gone from 1:160 to 1:1280 over the past year. He doesn’t seem to think I have lupus but I will need further testing to see what’s going on 😒 he suggested using prednisolone but only after I have an unexplained miscarriage. He didn’t see the benefit of using it with no history to base it on and wasn’t worth the risk for just in case based on these bloods. So transfer still good for Thursday 🤞

#798 Gabbitz

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:48 AM

I’m glad you don’t have to go on prednisone at this stage. It’s not nice stuff. I hope everything goes well Thursday too now. Are you on hcg injections or just progesterone? I had three hcg injections around the transfer as part of my protocol. Means I can’t test too early, but it’s also meant to help my body form progesterone. We know from my son’s cycle that I don’t react to all forms of progesterone well, so I ended up on three forms (tablets, pessaries and oil injections). Because my son was born prematurely, I’ll also be on progesterone all the way through a pregnancy too.

The cake started out poorly yesterday. I chose a recipe that tastes good, but was too crumbly. So we now have an unexpected trifle in the fridge to use up the crumbled cake!

Second attempt worked better. I’m getting the cakes make today, then tomorrow and Thursday I start assembling. A rubik’s cube isn’t too bad - square cake (or layers to make a square), cover in black ganache and add coloured squares for the cube. The hardest part will be getting the cake square!

I’m looking forward to the challenge though, because now that I’m getting close to testing, I’m getting nervous about what the result is. I’m second guessing everything I can feel today.

#799 Bumbleflop

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:09 PM

Nah no HCG injections for me, just oestrogen/progesterone pessaries! I’m thinking that means I can test mid/late next week 🤔 I’m used to the pessaries now, only downside is needing to keep them refrigerated. Sucks that you have to be on progesterone the whole way but if it works..🤗 amazing what we put ourselves through 😂

Initial cake failure did sound devastating but love the idea of turning it into a trifle! You have inspired me to bake some muffins 🤤 good luck with the squareness lol don’t want the leaning tower of rubiks!

I had an amazing massage today to chill me out and pass some time...got 2 more booked over the next week 😍

Do you think you will test tomorrow or wait it out a little longer? Hope you’re not stressing!! I think ivf programs should come with meditation classes to deal with this point of the cycle!

#800 Gabbitz

Posted 24 September 2019 - 08:03 PM

I succumbed this afternoon and tested. It was positive- yay, but it’s still early so I’m not telling anyone yet until after the blood test on Thursday.

Massage sounds good. My issue is that the massage never lasts long enough! Or rather the stress relief after it!

I know some of the docs i’ve dealt with recommended different things for stress relief, but it all depends on each person. Cake making (or other coming too) works for me, but it sounds like you can’t think of anything worse!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.