Proper leakproof lunch containers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 coolbreeze

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:07 PM

Hi,
Wondering if you could please give me some suggestions.
My dd takes a salad to school each day with a small amount of dressing on it.
Just lately the containers have been leaking ever so slightly. Causing oily book syndrome!
Can you suggest really sturdy leak proof containers that can handle the dishwasher and been thrown into school bags?
We are currently using the red decor ones. Which used to be ok but not so much now.
Thanks
CB

#2 spr_maiden

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:09 PM

Maybe a screw on lid one? There are decent number of stainless steel ones out there.

#3 ~J_WTF~

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:10 PM

We use sistema.

They have a salad container which comes with a little tub for dressing, so it can be applied when ready to eat.

No leakage issues so far but they do also go into lunch cooler bags!

#4 Renovators delight

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:11 PM

I send sauces in the screw-lid sistema containers. Could you send the dressing separately for him?

#5 Riotproof

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:14 PM

Decor have a different range in Woolies and Coles. The Woolies ones are apparently leakproof. I have Coles ones and the lids sometimes warp.

#6 petit_manchot

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:16 PM

I’ve used lock and lock for years and never had a leak.

#7 jojonbeanie

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:23 PM

I use a Beetbox glass lunch bowl and case. It's lovely to eat from, very functional, and never leaks. The sleeve that holds it all together and ensures the no-leak property requires some dexterity to get on. I doubt it would work for a younger child but could be ideal for a teen.

https://beetbox.com/

#8 Jenflea

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:10 PM

Make sure you use a cooler bag as an added layer of protection.

#9 BECZ

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

We use  Lock & Lock for the salad and the add a small Sistema plastic jar or Sistema small squeeze bottle (getting hard to find in store) and my kids add the dressing at lunch.

70% of our plastics are Lock & Lock.

#10 coolbreeze

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Going shopping tomorrow
CB

#11 Pocket...

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:18 PM

I use Nude Food Movers. I know they often get put down but it's have been great. Some are on their fourth year. I don't have the salad bowls but I have pretty much everything else including a leak proof bento box and chiller yogurt pot which have rubber seals and really don't leak. I put them through the dishwasher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.