Shooting at a Mosque in Christchurch

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#1 Freddie'sMum

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:17 PM

To any fellow Kiwis out there - esp if you have family in Chch - there is a current shooting at a Mosque in Chch (near Hagley Park - nearby schools are in lockdown) - here's the link to the Stuff website:

https://www.stuff.co...in-christchurch

The first reports coming in are that several people have been killed :(

What is the world coming to ?  This is beyond awful.

#2 MarigoldMadge

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:22 PM

Apparently live streamed on FB - utterly appalling.

#3 28 Barbary Lane

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:24 PM

I know it’s so awful. I sent my friend a message but haven’t heard back from her, she works at Hagley Park. I’m so angry. I ****ing hate men. I’m completely serious.

#4 Peanut

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:27 PM

Awful.  I hope they catch the perpetrators quickly before any more innocent lives are lost.  :(

#5 Fossy

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

It’s sounding utterly horrific.
Praying it doesn’t escalate further.

#6 purplekitty

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:31 PM

This is just awful.

Christchurch has been through such heartbreak already.

#7 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

So sad.  Watching on ABC24 now.  

These unfolding situations are so scary for all involved.

#8 purplekitty

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:36 PM

I'm watching ABC24 as well.
I hope the situation is controlled and there is nothing further ,particularly the second mosque they keep mentioning.

Gutless, cowardly prick.

#9 MarigoldMadge

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:37 PM

As if Christchurch hasn't been through enough.

#10 Freddie'sMum

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:42 PM

More than one gunman !!  Freaking awful.

Shame on them.

#11 purplekitty

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:43 PM

The Guardian is reporting there is a bomb in the car the police have stopped.

#12 Freddie'sMum

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:50 PM

This is Christchurch !!  Haven't they had enough with all the earthquakes without these gutless cowards shooting innocent people.

#13 Freddie'sMum

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:53 PM

Nine people dead :(

I am heartbroken about my old home town right now :(

#14 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:59 PM

Wow - ABC have just read some sort of statement - white supremacist ranting...... so scary.

#15 purplekitty

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:06 PM

Yes,a very disturbing manifesto.

Frightening,hateful words that are very familiar to those who follow politics and right wing groups on the internet.

Injuries at two locations.

#16 MarigoldMadge

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:07 PM

View PostRuf~Feral~es, on 15 March 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

Wow - ABC have just read some sort of statement - white supremacist ranting...... so scary.

Anders Breivik and Dylan Roof quoted - says it all.

And he’s Australian. Bloody hell.

#17 Freddie'sMum

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:09 PM

"European lands" - yeah NO.

Maori land first - you dumb **** !!

Sorry for the swearing.

#18 purplekitty

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:11 PM

View PostFreddie, on 15 March 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

"European lands" - yeah NO.

Maori land first - you dumb **** !!

Sorry for the swearing.
Go for it.
You can't swear enough.

Police warning that nobody should go near a mosque anywhere in NZ .

#19 purplekitty

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:13 PM

Strong words from Ardern.
Well said.

#20 Chchgirl

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:14 PM

I only just found out about it not long ago as I've been at work, that's near the schooly daughter is going to, I have friends in lockdown at work at the moment.

#21 daisy007

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:17 PM

So sad. Makes me very angry, Christchurch is with a beautiful city full of wonderful people and they have been through enough.

#22 Fourteenyears

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:20 PM

How horrific and how heartbreaking.

And you know even just from the headline that it is going to be white supremacist incels.  Probably with a known history of petty violence or domestic violence.

Eta:  and let’s call this what it is - an act of terrorism, inspired by ideology, against one specific part of NZ’s population.

Edited by Fourteenyears, 15 March 2019 - 01:28 PM.

#23 76 others

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:20 PM

How horrible.

Don't read the Facebook comments. Whoever thinks this country doesn't have a racism problem are very wrong.

#24 Crazy4

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:25 PM

Heartbreaking, Christchurch is a beautiful place. Do NZ have tight gun laws like Australia? Althoughly, scarily I think we’ve relaxed our laws a bit out of complacency and this is a big wake up call.

#25 MarigoldMadge

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:28 PM

From the Guardian

'No one in NZ must go to a mosque under any circumstances,' says police commissioner

Police commissioner Mike Bush has warned: “No one in the country must go to a mosque under any circumstances.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.