Feeling like absolute crap :(

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 First@35

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

I'm a little over 12 weeks today and I'm really struggling.
For the last week I've been unable to eat or drink.
I spend all day in bed and feel terrible.
I'm vomiting once or twice a day and its just the small amount of juice I can get from my orange (which is all I can stomach).
I'm worried I'm dehydrated.  And possibly feeling this bad BECAUSE I'm dehydrated?

I just want it to stop.

#2 Ellie bean

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:06 PM

Sounds like HG. What helped me was Zofran (ondansetron). I’d get to a dr ASAP. If you can’t, go to the emergency Department, you may need an iv for the dehydration. I wouldn’t wait till next week. There’s treatment, you don’t need to endure it just because you’re pregnant. Good luck.

#3 Sarzie

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:44 PM

I found restavit worked better than ondensetron for me.

#4 Islander

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:46 PM

For me, ondansetron did very little, but restavit was amazing. Sounds like a quick rehydrate at your local emergency department is exactly what you need. It’s such a vicious cycle.

#5 cabbage88

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:09 PM

Sounds like HG.
Restivit is first line treatment and very safe a damn lifesaver for me this pregnancy. Zofran is last resort, after phenergan, because it causes a very sought increase in cardiac defects which is fairly irrelevant by 12 weeks anyway.
Get to a GP. Hopefully they don't faff you around with maxalon- it is only effective in half of women, and then not very, and many it makes worse! Bloody GP had me on maxalon my last pregnancy and I only discovered this pregnancy it was making me worse- so damn annoying. Went and read the clinical guidelines my self and took restivit such a lifesaver.

#6 kerilyntaryn

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:16 PM

Go to the Hospital,  they will probably put you on a drip.  HG is no fun.  I found sips of Gatorade helps over time,  along with meds.  Wishing you all the best

#7 Ozquoll

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:35 PM

Gawd I wish I knew about Restavit when I was pregnant and in the depths of misery. Ondansetron and maxalon did SFA for me.

Definitely go to hospital and get a drip. If at all possible, have SO/friend/family member with you as back up, in case you come across one of those *delightful* medical sorts who says “You’re pregnant, not sick!”. I was so sick when I was pregnant, it was wonderful whenever DH was able to be there to support me at appointments.

#8 rosie28

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:07 PM

You sound very dehydrated. Off to hospital for a drip to rehydrate and some zofran. Restavit will also help, but you need to get rehydrates first, and pretty urgently.

#9 Ellie bean

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:40 PM

View PostOzquoll, on 15 March 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

Gawd I wish I knew about Restavit when I was pregnant and in the depths of misery. Ondansetron and maxalon did SFA for me.

Definitely go to hospital and get a drip. If at all possible, have SO/friend/family member with you as back up, in case you come across one of those *delightful* medical sorts who says “You’re pregnant, not sick!”. I was so sick when I was pregnant, it was wonderful whenever DH was able to be there to support me at appointments.
Yeah maxolon made me worse too. Wish I’d known about restavit too, I only found out about it post pregnancy

Does anyone have the link to I think the royal women’s hospital guidelines on hg that might help the OP to take to her dr? I seem to have lost them

#10 Islander

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:17 AM

https://www.racgp.or...y-care-setting/

#11 chicken_bits

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:02 AM

View PostOzquoll, on 15 March 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

Ditto! Thankfully I found out about it when I was pregnant with my son. Wish I'd known about it with my daughter.

Good luck OP.

#12 First@35

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:50 PM

Thanks everyone.
I'm currently in the short stay ward at hospital on a drip.
The hospital staff have been great.
I'm already feeling better.
They plan to rehydrate me but also need to find out why I can't eat much food.
Hopefully I'll be feeling much better by tomorrow.

I got some restavit a few days ago but haven't started with that yet.
How much should I be taking? Half twice a day?

Thanks again for all your support.

#13 tryagain2

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:55 AM

Have a look at the mothersafe website
https://www.seslhd.h...ctsheet2016.pdf

They suggest Doxylamine 25mg tablet (restavit or Dozile) and taking 1/2 tablet morning, 1/2 lunch and 1 tablet at night.

Hope it helps

#14 cabbage88

Posted 17 March 2019 - 11:44 AM

View PostFirst@35, on 16 March 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

Thanks everyone.
I'm currently in the short stay ward at hospital on a drip.
The hospital staff have been great.
I'm already feeling better.
They plan to rehydrate me but also need to find out why I can't eat much food.
Hopefully I'll be feeling much better by tomorrow.

I got some restavit a few days ago but haven't started with that yet.
How much should I be taking? Half twice a day?

Thanks again for all your support.
So glad you're getting looked after.
My daily dose now is 1 at night, half morning and half afternoon. I eased In to it, think I took a half tab in the middle of the day because of course it makes you really drowsy at first. The full tablet at night was never a problem.  I was drowsy for 3 or 4 weeks, but hard to tell how much was just early pregnancy too! Now In the third trimester I am definitely past the tired point but still vomit if I forget a tablet.

#15 Katerina 34

Posted 17 March 2019 - 08:42 PM

Yes when you start Restavit you are meant to have ½ at night first before increasing to 25mg at night. Then add in ½ morning and ½ lunch/afternoon. Has been lifechaging for me (pregnant with twins) - still vomited but heaps less than before. I also took it with B6. The Melbourne Royal women’s hospital guidelines for emesis in pregnancy are on their website. Ondansetron is a long way down the list of options. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.