I think my pregnancy is ending

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Krissy85

Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:25 PM

Hi ladies,

I am 6 weeks today. Since Saturday (two days ago) I've had constant period like cramps in my lower abdomen and lower back. I'm not bleeding.. yet but I honestly feel it's just a matter of time and that I'm going to start bleeding at any second. At this point I'm just waiting for it to end and it's almost torture being in limbo. I guess I just need some advice on how to get through it.

#2 got my tinsel on

Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:41 PM

I'm so sorry, Krissy85.  I hope you're wrong but if not, the only thing I would suggest from my experience of an early loss, was to have the strongest pain-killers you can access on hand.  I only had Panadol when the severe cramps kicked in (no lead up for me, some pink discharge with no cramps then awful cramps)and the Panadol had no noticeable effect.

Take care and be kind to yourself.

#3 Nepheline

Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:51 PM

If it’s any comfort this is exactly what early pregnancy feels like to me. Crampy and like I’m going to start bleeding any second. Fingers crossed it’s the same for you and all is well. I hated the feeling as well and found it a very emotionaly draining time. The limbo is excruciating. Good luck x

#4 Caribou

Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:59 PM

Cramping is a very normal part of early pregnancy, it’s the uterus expanding.

Please, see your GP, and they’ll check how everything is going.

#5 gemgirl

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:10 PM

I had these cramps for about 8 weeks each pregnancy. Good luck!

#6 Katerina 34

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:14 PM

Is this your first pregnancy? Cramps are pretty common early on as the uterus stretches. If you are over 6 weeks I would see your GP regarding a dating scan. Will confirm intrauterine pregnancy and also hopefully a HB to ease your anxiety.

#7 Daffy2016

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:20 PM

I had an early mc before I had DD, and the mc was relatively pain free - cramps and blood on the day, then basically a period. It was very early though.

With DD I was convinced I was going to mc again as I was in agony most days until around 10 weeks. It was worst in the middle of the day and drinking lots of water helped.

Good luck

#8 Lou-bags

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:25 PM

I had period like cramps in my first pregnancy until around 8 or 9 weeks along. At week 4 - 6 they were quite intense some days. I’ve just spent the last 15 minutes on and off scolding the 5.5yo result of that pregnancy for teasing his brother.

Head to your GP tomorrow, as you are feeling worried, they may be able to refer you for a scan for reassurance.

I hope it turns out all is well. Good luck.

#9 Krissy85

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:37 PM

Thanks ladies. This is my third pregnancy and I've never had this with my last two which is why I'm convinced it's a miscarriage. I'm getting a scan on Friday to see what's going on.

#10 Jingleflea

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:50 PM

My OB told me that every pregnancy is different so don't panic yet.

I had cramps and bleeding in my pregnancy and it turned out fine, the one I lost I had no cramps just bleeding one day.

#11 ceeshell

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:55 PM

I had absolutely terrible pain for the first six weeks of my first pregnancy. It was excruciating. I went to emergency twice. My GP was convinced it was ectopic.

That baby is turning 12. One day the pains stopped. No one ever figured out what they were.

I’ve not had that kind of pain with my other two. FWIW, the pregnancy that I lost was not painful, the bleeding started with no warning.

I hope everything is ok.

#12 Holidayromp

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:43 AM

I got the most awful cramps with DS1. He was my third pregnancy. In fact with both boys I got them. But could never recall getting them with my girls.

They were painful and I never cramp with AF so they were quite the shock!

In your case it could be your uterus stretching.

I wouldn’t think miscarriage just yet.

#13 cabbage88

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:14 AM

I had extremely intense cramping and discomfort with my last pregnancy and it lasted almost a week. Turns out that's what it felt like for when two embryos were implanting at once- I had twins. I did have very very mild short lived cramping with my first.
I'm not trying to give false hope, just wanted to share another experience.

#14 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:32 AM

I was 6wks when I first came to EB in 2005 with similar pains. He is now 13yrs.

#15 cvbn

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:33 AM

With my third DD I had a big bleed and 'tissue' passed at 10 weeks, thought it was all over but still had sore boobs a week later.

I insisted on an ultrasound and there was a baby. The sonographer though it may have been a twin.

Good luck, please come back if you need to talk.

Edited by cvbn, 19 March 2019 - 07:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.