Jacinda Ardern!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 LeggyBlonde

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:37 PM

One, see this in the Canberra Times today:

https://twitter.com/...3799665664?s=21

All hail David Pope.

Two, do you think we could get a reality tv show up; “PM Swap”, in the fine print of the rules, “no backs”?

#2 Ozquoll

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:39 PM

He actually has a trophy saying he stopped the boats?!!! Faaaaaaaaaaaaark 😤

#3 Lifesgood

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:49 PM

Yeah, that came out a while ago.

Have you seen the sh*t storm that's erupted over Morrison's threatened defamation action following Waleed Aly's moving speech over the Christchurch terrorist attack?

#4 LeggyBlonde

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:49 PM

That is a true fact, about the trophy!

By the way (can’t help myself tonight), this from Sam Newman: https://twitter.com/...6972169216?s=21

Fancy Sam calling someone else grating!

Edited by LeggyBlonde, 20 March 2019 - 08:53 PM.

#5 LeggyBlonde

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:51 PM

Morrison has publicly backed down from that threat (couldn’t counter a truth defence?).

However Ardern has invited  Aly to NZ for a sit down interview, he’s there now I heard.

#6 LeggyBlonde

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:55 PM

Check out this, on the ScoMo subject:
https://twitter.com/...5954930688?s=21

#7 Jane Jetson

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:58 PM

Jacinda rules, no contest. If only there were more like her.

#8 daisy007

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:07 PM

Jacinda is amazing, I have the greatest respect for her. The contrast between her and the cluster **** we have going on in Australia is astounding. I have no words for the boat trophy, it’s disturbing.

#9 coolbreeze

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

She is very impressive......CB

#10 Chchgirl

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:22 PM

And lucky me gets to be living with her as my leader in about four months!

#11 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:06 AM

But its also really sad that a lot of Nzers hate/dislike her, especially because of the way she got the job and  got pregnant.
Her nasty nickname is Taxcinta and they mock her looks, which honestly has nothing to do with it. People get all upset about her flying overseas with her partner and baby in tax payers money.

#12 Chchgirl

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:22 AM

View PostKiwi Bicycle, on 21 March 2019 - 07:06 AM, said:

But its also really sad that a lot of Nzers hate/dislike her, especially because of the way she got the job and  got pregnant.
Her nasty nickname is Taxcinta and they mock her looks, which honestly has nothing to do with it. People get all upset about her flying overseas with her partner and baby in tax payers money.

Yes I know, it's very disappointing to read. My friends and family all like her.

I do like her partner. I'd like to know where I can get a clone :)

#13 Feraldasherie

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:44 AM

Yesterday she was back in Christchurch as the first funerals were held, and she visited the high school where one of the survivors went.

She said she was there to see how they were doing, and one of the students asked her how she was. And she teared up and said, Thank you for asking, I'm just feeling very sad.

Can you imagine anyone asking Scummo how he was?

#14 c.sanders

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:49 AM

View PostLeggyBlonde, on 20 March 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

Morrison has publicly backed down from that threat (couldn’t counter a truth defence?).

However Ardern has invited  Aly to NZ for a sit down interview, he’s there now I heard.

Her invitation has actually made me teary on the train this morning. This honestly happened to spite everything New Zealand is.

#15 71Cath

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:38 AM

Scomo and all his mates should take a long hard look at Jacinda Ardern and educate themselves about what real leadership looks like.

They wont, they are too busy pandering to Pauline Hanson.

#16 Chchgirl

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:36 AM

View Post71Cath, on 21 March 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

Scomo and all his mates should take a long hard look at Jacinda Ardern and educate themselves about what real leadership looks like.

They wont, they are too busy pandering to Pauline Hanson.

I totally agree here.I am happy that I have an opportunity to try and thow out our government before I leave!

#17 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:33 PM

View PostKiwi Bicycle, on 21 March 2019 - 07:06 AM, said:

Oh what a shame I had to read this, I have never heard anyone hating her!

Sad!

#18 *Spikey*

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:57 PM

She is a woman. There are going to be a lot of men threatened by her, and a bunch of women who will go along with that because they will feel validated when they get a pat on the head for doing so.

She is an exemplary leader. She's young, she's bright, she has clear vision and gets on with it. She is the hope for our future and is showing our kids that it is possible to take control and make a difference.

#19 purpleblaze

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:32 PM

Can we vote for her for PM of Aus at our federal election???  Total class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.