Me before you - jojo Moyes

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bubskitkat

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:34 PM

Young and quirky Louisa "Lou" Clark moves from one job to the next to help her family make ends meet. Her cheerful attitude is put to the test when she becomes a caregiver for Will Traynor a wealthy young banker left paralyzed from an accident two years earlier. Will's cynical outlook starts to change when Louisa shows him that life is worth living. As their bond deepens, their lives and hearts change in ways neither one could have imagined.

#2 ~J_WTF~

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:36 PM

Do you want to discuss or share or something else?

The movie was pretty good!

#3 bubskitkat

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:38 PM

Someone please pass the box of Kleenex.

This weekend I read Me Before You and then watched the movie.

Classic chick lit but I loved both the book and the movie.

I’ve now got the other 2 books in this series Me after you and Still Me.

Now excuse me as I need to lock myself away with my books, a bottle of wine and chocolate.

View Post~J_F~, on 01 April 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

Do you want to discuss or share or something else?

The movie was pretty good!

Just letting others know how good the book and movie was. Happy to discuss

#4 Quick hedgehog

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:48 PM

Thanks. I think I have seen the movie, but I was just browsing for a new audio book and this was one of the options. I have listened to a couple of Jo Jo Moyes before.   I might give it a go.

Edited by Quick hedgehog, 01 April 2019 - 07:49 PM.

#5 hills mum bec

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:54 PM

Was not a fan of the first book at all, mostly because of the ending.  The second and third books were better.

#6 LettyRaines

Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:04 PM

Oh I loved this one!

Have read all three books in the ‘series’ and thoroughly enjoyed them. Definitely one I’d re-read.

The movie was lovely too, Emilia Clark fit in as Lou really well.

#7 bubskitkat

Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:34 AM

View Posthills mum bec, on 01 April 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

Was not a fan of the first book at all, mostly because of the ending.  The second and third books were better.

Bring on Easter holidays so that I’ll have time to enjoy these.

#8 bubskitkat

Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:36 AM

View Posthills mum bec, on 01 April 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

The ending of the first book really gives you something to think about.

Has anyone read any of her other books?

#9 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:02 PM

I didn't love it.

#10 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:17 PM

Loved the first book but still feel the ending was too sad. Didn't realise there were more books. Will have to investigate.

Movie was a rare treat, as good as the book.

#11 PaulaHall

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:02 PM

View Postbubskitkat, on 02 April 2019 - 05:36 AM, said:

The ending of the first book really gives you something to think about.

Has anyone read any of her other books?

I  have just read The peacock Emporium.  It was an easy read - a tale of family secrets, angst, friendship, love and loss -  but IMO not as good as this series.  I've decided to read all of her books, so will be looking out for them in 2nd hand shops etc

#12 WTFJerk

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

And heavily criticised in disability circles.

I’ll come back with links

#13 Acidulous Osprey

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, when you look at it critically, this is a terrible disablist book.  He's rich, able to access the best care (not that he does at all), supposedly in love but life in a wheelchair is so dire that death is preferable.

I've liked some of her other books but Me Before You is awful.

#14 hills mum bec

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:04 PM

View PostAcidulous Osprey, on 16 May 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Yeah, when you look at it critically, this is a terrible disablist book.  He's rich, able to access the best care (not that he does at all), supposedly in love but life in a wheelchair is so dire that death is preferable.

I've liked some of her other books but Me Before You is awful.

This sums up perfectly how I felt about the book.

#15 BeAwesome

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:11 PM

I enjoyed the first book, hated the second, and thought the third redeemed itself a little.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.