• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 Jenflea

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:44 PM

The glorious tail on number 17!!

#27 Paddlepop

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:52 PM

Number 17 is like a peacock tail.

Number 28 makes me wonder if Maine Coons' get major dags, and if you have to trim their butt hair...

#28 Paddlepop

Posted 07 April 2019 - 08:06 PM

Not a Maine Coon, but a Chinchilla Persion - Wilfred Warrior the cat. He's so ugly that he's adorable.
https://www.instagra...wilfredwarrior/

Here's the viral video a comedian made using one of Wilfred's Insta videos. It's hilarious. Warning: language NSFW.
https://www.youtube....h?v=sJeuWZNWImE

#29 Bono25

Posted 07 April 2019 - 08:11 PM

Number 10 looks like my little Luna.
I've seen maine coons at cat shows, but I've never seen ones as big as these. I wonder if there's a difference with the American lines

#30 TheGreenSheep

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:04 PM

View PostPaddlepop, on 07 April 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

Number 17 is like a peacock tail.

Number 28 makes me wonder if Maine Coons' get major dags, and if you have to trim their butt hair...
Not a Maine Coon owner, but our cat was a major fluff ball. He required dags to be snipped off. When he went under for a GA I also got them to give him a shave, he looked like a landing strip had been cut through the jungle. I’m sure he was inwardly mortified.

#31 YumChaTheSecond

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:11 PM

I think 21 would kill you in your sleep

ETA and yet I hadn't made it to 34

Edited by YumChaTheSecond, 07 April 2019 - 09:14 PM.

#32 kadoodle

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:17 PM

Ok, an update: He’s scared of her, but he wants cuddles. She’s chased him away a few times, but ignores the other cats. The puppies tried to make friends with her, but were quickly told to back off, while the other cats are giving her a wide berth. She’s claimed the top of the bookshelf in The hallway as her spot, and enjoys looking scornfully down on everyone.

#33 Paddlepop

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:34 PM

He’s scared of her, but he wants cuddles. She’s chased him away a few times

Well that explains a few things about Gargoyle. He has mother issues. :lol:

Sounds like she's settling in well so far. Is she smaller than Gargoyle?

#34 kadoodle

Posted 07 April 2019 - 10:07 PM

She’s about 2/3 his size. Small for a Maine Coon, but big for a cat per se.

#35 Chocolate Addict

Posted 07 April 2019 - 11:37 PM

I have never seen a maine coon in real life. They both amaze me and slightly scare me :p

#36 kadoodle

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:26 AM

It’s not a breed I ever planned on getting. Gargoyle (his actual name’s Shadow, and he’s a dark brown tabby) was a stud failure who was gifted to DS1. I’d said he could have a cat, but hadn’t planned on him getting that particular cat.

#37 wallofdodo

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:12 AM

View PostYumChaTheSecond, on 07 April 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

I think 21 would kill you in your sleep

ETA and yet I hadn't made it to 34

21 is plotting death on the world.

I am scared to see 34.

Heather sounds like a boss!

#38 wallofdodo

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:14 AM

OMG 52 looks like a lion in disguise.

Edited by wallofdodo, 08 April 2019 - 09:14 AM.

#39 Chicken Pie

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:07 AM

I've always wanted a large Maine Coone, I absolutely love them!

#40 kadoodle

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:16 PM

The other cats are still giving her a wide berth, although she’s “had words” with my grumpy old lady cat, and they seem to have called a truce. The only animal she’s not intimidating is Mama dog.

#41 Paddlepop

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:47 PM

Is Gargoyle still trying to get love from her?

Good on Mama dog. She's doing a magnificent job of being the dominant animal keeping the rest (mostly) under control isn't she? I'm so glad that you and she found each other when you needed her.

#42 FiveAus

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:54 PM

We have a Maine Coon, she's a gorgeous big cat, unlike Gargoyle cat she's sweet and shy. She's 14 and I don't think we'll have her for too much longer. It always amazes me to see peoples reactions when they walk in the house and she's there. She is far, far bigger than any domestic cat most people have seen.

#43 kadoodle

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:29 AM

View PostPaddlepop, on 08 April 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

Is Gargoyle still trying to get love from her?

Good on Mama dog. She's doing a magnificent job of being the dominant animal keeping the rest (mostly) under control isn't she? I'm so glad that you and she found each other when you needed her.

He is. She’s also still not interested. If he comes near her, she swats him. I’ve sent him and DS1 for a walk while I think about how I’m going to go about keeping her.

Mama is a very dominant personality (doginality?). It’s been a challenge making sure she knows I’m the grownup here, and she still tries it on with DS2, who’s a bit nervous of animals, and not good at asserting himself on them.

#44 Bono25

Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:00 PM

Out of interest, how do you go about keeping his coat neat and not full of burrs??  I'm having issues with Miss Luna getting dags everywhere, and I can't keep cutting them out, she'll have no hair left!  And yes I do comb her....maybe I need a different comb or brush....

#45 kadoodle

Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:38 PM

View PostBono25, on 09 April 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

Out of interest, how do you go about keeping his coat neat and not full of burrs??  I'm having issues with Miss Luna getting dags everywhere, and I can't keep cutting them out, she'll have no hair left!  And yes I do comb her....maybe I need a different comb or brush....

My cats all groom each other, so I honestly don’t have an issue.

#46 twin2

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:40 PM

Hey Kadoodle how are gargoyle and Mum going a week on.. would love to hear an update

#47 kadoodle

Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:58 PM

He’s still sucking up to her, and she’s still refusing to be nice to him. She’s getting along reasonably well with my other cats, though, and the dogs are smart enough to keep out of her way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.