Food intolerance

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 *melrose*

Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:57 AM

Anyone have this problem? I have had this pain before and it went away for a few months then its back. Ate pizza about a week ago and woke up in the night with major gut pain with a feeling of vomiting pain was still there the next day I feel quite sick that day hot flushes and just feel like vomiting all day, next day I was ok then this morning I feel bad stomach aches again worst after I sat breakfast which was porridge its starting to go down a bit now but when I put pressure on my upper stomach it hurts. Have seen my doctor and he says if I still have pain in week to go back and see him. Has anyone else experience this sort of pain?

#2 Jenflea

Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:08 AM

Gallstones?

#3 afterlaughter

Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:11 AM

I agree with PP pain after a fatty meal with nausea is likely to be gallstones. Need a ultrasound to diagnose.

#4 *melrose*

Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:35 AM

Yes I have Gallstones but usually I only get pain in my gallbladder on my right side every now and then.
This pain is coming from the top of my stomach.
Can you still get gorstone pain up top of your stomach?

Edited by *melrose*, 13 April 2019 - 11:35 AM.

#5 afterlaughter

Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:38 PM

Yes I found Gallstone pain could radiate a lot. If you have gallstones and repeated pain I would be chatting to GP about what treatments maybe recommend in your situation. I had my Gallbladder out in December and it has made a huge difference to quality of life for me.

#6 Moukmouk

Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:57 PM

Definitely check out your gall bladder. Could be gastric reflux as well which can be triggered by certain foods. I did have similar symptoms which escalated into a full blown food allergy (shellfish), but it took a while to work out and I got everything else checked out in the meanwhile.

#7 *melrose*

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:52 PM

View Postafterlaughter, on 14 April 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Yes I found Gallstone pain could radiate a lot. If you have gallstones and repeated pain I would be chatting to GP about what treatments maybe recommend in your situation. I had my Gallbladder out in December and it has made a huge difference to quality of life for me.
How long did it take you to recover from surgery? I have never had any type of surgery before so scared.. Did you only stay 1 night in hospital after surgery?

#8 afterlaughter

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:04 PM

View Post*melrose*, on 14 April 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

How long did it take you to recover from surgery? I have never had any type of surgery before so scared.. Did you only stay 1 night in hospital after surgery?

Yes it was one night in hospital, key hole surgery pain was mostly in the first few hours after surgery but I was given medication to help manage it. I then rested at home as much as possible for 3 days (I had a 3 year old and a 6 month old at home so you can imagine not as restful as it could have been) and felt 95% by day 4. I was given pain meds to bring home and I did keep taking them as I was probably doing more than most with the kids. It has taken my body about 4 months to fully regulate its self to run without a gallbladder but have not been having the pain attacks like before.

#9 Paddlepop

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:08 PM

*melrose*: You might have adhesions between your gallbladder and other parts of your abdomen, from the gallbladder being inflamed. When I had my gallbladder removed the surgeon said I had a lot of adhesions around it. I did notice that I no longer had a constant dull ache near my ribs. I'm assuming that was adhesions.

If you do a search of my posts you'll find a lot of posts by me about gallbladders and gallstones. I had mine removed about 6 or 7 years ago. I went home the same day. I had to stay for 3-4 hours afterwards for observation and was supposed to stay overnight but I was desperate to go home. I was dressed and ready to go, with DH and DD were in my hospital room with me waiting to take me home, when the surgeon checked on me. He said that I was obviously feeling fine and approved my discharge. A nurse gave me a massive dose of IV morphine, and I went home. DD was about 2 or 3yo, so I was still regularly picking her up to change her nappy or put her in her cot for naps. I was able to do that from the first night but had to be very careful. If DH was around he'd lift her for me so I could rest those muscles and not strain anything.

I think I felt pretty sore for a few days, and took about 2 weeks to not have pain when laughing or lifting DD. However compared to the recovery after giving birth to DD it was a breeze. I had three incisions for the keyhole surgery. I have absolutely no regrets about having the surgery done. I only wish I'd done it sooner. It's wonderful to no longer have the fear of an unpredictable gall stone attack, and the absolute pain that involved for me.

#10 *melrose*

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:21 PM

I am at the hospital now,I felt alright this morning but I think after I eat I get pain in upper stomach.
They think it's not my gorestones playing up maybe something to do with the lining of my stomach with food. Arghhh so over feeling like s$it.

#11 a letter to Elise.

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:35 PM

You might have a bad case of gastritis. Hope they can get whatever it is sorted for you soon.

#12 *melrose*

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:41 PM

They gave me a crap load of pills. They are also saying it could be gastritis..they are sending me home for me to see GP tomorrow.

#13 a letter to Elise.

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:46 PM

I get awful gastritis. It really is miserable! Avoid nurofen, aspirin and voltaren, as they can make it worse.

The gp can prescribe something to help, and it usually improves within a few days. Eating smaller meals helps in the meantime, and stay away from spicy things, onion, garlic and tomato based sauces. You want nice, simple, easily digestible food that won’t give you reflux.

Hope you feel better soon!

#14 *melrose*

Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:46 PM

Home now pain has gone down a bit, she told me to avoid all fatty foods, so I am Just going to bed now with nothing to eat as I am worried the pain will come back. She gave me 2 prescriptions so when I see my doctor tomorrow will ask him about the new medication.

#15 Grrrumbles

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:57 AM

I had bad gastritis a year ago and mine hasn’t reoccurred. For me it was at the end of a incredibly stressful time (partner hospitalised) which can affect your stomach.

Hope yours resolves quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.