Feeding chair

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:45 PM

Can't believe so many of us have / had the poang.  I'm surprised Ikea don't market it as a feeding chair more!

I would have bought the leather one if they were available then.  But the fabric one we have has been washed many times and still looks great regardless.

#27 Ellie bean

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:52 PM

We bought a cheap rocker with arms, it was great for both bf and formula feeding.
I sat in one of those gliders when pregnant and the motion made me want to throw up, lucky we didn’t get one since I spent most of my oldest child’s first year pregnant with my second...

#28 rosie28

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:32 PM

I fed in bed or ok the couch when they were tiny and also have the IKEA Poang, which worked really well. Cheap, comfy, and still in use 5 years later. It’s also quite a big seat, I can sit on it next to my 5 year old which he likes.

#29 lizzzard

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:55 AM

I had that exact chair OP and I loved it! It did stain...but I just put a blanket over it (permanently)!

#30 firstbaby2019

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:38 PM

Thanks all for the feedback - I really do love the PB one and it is the most comfortable one I've sat in plus it wouldn't just be for feeding, would use for settling / stories etc and keep for many years past babies but I am still finding it very hard to justify the cost. Thanks for the advice on the poang - I know lots of people who have and love this style but I prefer the look and feel of a more plush chair.
Sigh, back to the drawing board unless PB significantly reduce the price!

#31 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:03 PM

I have a Valco Relax glider.  My kids are 10 & 12!
I got it second hand off eBay, I’ve tried to get rid of it a few times but can never bring myself to do it.

It’s totally trashed but still everyone’s favourite chair and now lives outside where I hose it down in summer and lie on it to cool down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.