craft tabe for the 2-3 age group?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PandoBox

Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:54 PM

I purchased a cute crafts/play table for 18m old DD. Im considering setting it up soon but Im wondering if it will just sit there unused for years. Is this something kids in the 2-3 year old age group enjoy? When she's been at friends houses with play tables she has no interest in sitting down and playing...she tends to grab whatever and wonder around or sit on the floor. I don't want to set it up and wait till she's close to 4 to enjoy it. Thoughts?

#2 laridae

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:05 PM

Mine still tend to sit on the floor for craft and they are 4 and 8.
They eat at the little table for dinner though!

#3 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:11 PM

My kids use theirs all the time, for lego. But when young they used it for drawing and painting. When we have kids parties it’s an awesome extra seating spot and keeps all the kids in the one spot.

My parents bought it for us and it’s been the best thing ever. It’s this fold away one from bunnings. So easy to clean. We take it to other people’s houses for parties too. Very useful.

https://www.bunnings...-table_p3240426

#4 SM3s Fight Song

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:12 PM

Very kid dependent.  DD could sit drawing for an hour at that age. DS1 not until 3.5 for more than 10ish minutes. Ds2 is a bit over 2, he sometimes manages 20 minutes, but mostly 5-10 minutes drawing and maybe 10-15 painting.

#5 EmmDasher

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:46 PM

Both of my girls have loved their kids table and used it daily since they were 12-18m old and able to climb into a seat by themselves. My eldest is now a very tall 5 year old and it’s starting to look stupidly small for her.

#6 BornToLove

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:58 PM

I found DD used her little table set a fair bit as a toddler but would stand at it.

Once she got a bit too tall to use it standing, I got an adjustable height kids table that grew with her.

#7 Mooples

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:03 PM

Ds1 isn’t really into craft but if we are doing a painting/craft activity he will sit at it. He uses it lots for playdoh and eating. Ds2 loves to climb on it and use it as leverage to get onto higher surfaces 😳

#8 countrychic29

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:10 PM

I got my girls a EDU light box- they have a glass top so you can paint and wash off, not cheap but so well made
The light is really calming especially in cooler months
They use it all the time, for everything from LEGO to painting and looking at leaves so even though they are now 6 and almost 4 is has been beneficial

Edited by countrychic29, 19 April 2019 - 09:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.