#1 Sancti-claws

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:32 AM

where does the following fall -

"You never watch me play lego"

anyone else failed at this gig today?

#2 Renovators delight

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:36 AM

Definitely WORST MUMMY EVER.

DS2 has levelled this accusation at me before. I am a very, VERY mean mummy, I just never EVER look at his creations for long enough either.

I suppose I have also failed today because I am such a bad parent that I have shipped my children off to their grandparents for 3 nights.

#3 born.a.girl

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:42 AM

I still laugh at the anecdote of one woman I knew.

It was at the announcement that the Kids' Help Line had been opened, so they sat their 7 yo twins down and had a chat about feeling safe, being worried etc etc and that there's nothing so bad you can't tell someone etc etc.  Showed them the magnet on the fridge with the number on it.

Soon enough, they're sitting down to dinner and the parents insist they at least try one mouthful of each veggie.  One indignant twin storms off saying they were off to ring the help line.

Amongst the tragedies, they must get some funny phone calls.

#4 Mooples

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:44 AM

Ds is 3 and asks us to play with him but then we get in trouble for playing wrong. We’ve worked out he just basically wants us to watch with the occasional ‘toot toot’ for trains ‘brmm brmm’ for cars and trucks or a few random animal noises.

#5 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:48 AM

yep - i never watch them play lego, i never sit down and properly admire (for hours on end) their model airport, i don’t play tip with them. i don’t like getting involved in their role play. i really suck at the “chief entertainment director) role of parenthood.....chef, cleaner, daily planner i’m ok at...

#6 TheGreenSheep

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:49 AM

DS accused me of child slave labour when I asked him to do his chores. Serious eye roll from me.

#7 can'tstayaway

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:56 AM

I’m on the scale of worse mother ever because I take over the LEGO building and refuse to let them help build their own set. That was when my eldest was 3yrs old and DH does not let me forget it.

It’s turned into the family joke and my youngest is too scared to get me involved in case I take over all the LEGO.

#8 IkeaAddict

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:57 AM

I am a bad mummy because I never look at DS Minecraft stuff he has built. Not because of my lack of interest because the moving around in the game makes me feel sick

I am also a bad mummy because I don't let him play XBox non stop when he's not asleep

#9 c.sanders

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:59 AM

Worst mother ever here because I refused to build the Lego for him.... He's almost 7... I finally built it and took it off of him.... Hehehhe... It's mine now....

#10 IamtheMumma

Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:03 AM

I don't think its worse mummy ever but I'm thinking its a wasted opportunity to lie down. They play near a couch, you lie down on the couch with a book/ipad/netflix and every so often make ooo ahhh noises at them. Win win.

Added points if you suggest they add this or that to their design. You'll tick them off which will reduce their need for you to participate.

#11 WTF_SM3

Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:03 AM

According to DD I'm the worst mum in the world.  Transgressions include asking her to pack up the mess she made, asking her to put her shoes on for school and asking her to clear her plate from the table.

I'd love to not admire lego.  Unfortunately they still need help, DS1 I basically build myself.

#12 kimasa

Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:33 AM

I run Lego Club at work and I don't even "watch" those kids play Lego.

#13 Ellie bean

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:15 AM

Ds has never called me the worst mummy, he often whispers in my ear “you’re the loveliest mummy in the world.” DD on the other hand told me just yesterday I’m the worst mum ever and I ruin everything, because she showed me a drawing with some writing that she’d done and I read out what she’d actually written, not what she thought she’d written...
Then she gets remorse half an hour later and comes up sobbing “I’M SORRY MUMMY, I’M THE WORST KID IN THE WORLD “ and I have to reassure her that she’s a good girl...
Emotional roller coaster here, never a dull moment!

#14 Ellie bean

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:18 AM

Oh and I bloody hate watching lego building. DS even pulls the heads and hands off the figures and then it’s “mummm where’s the white hand”... I refused to help him look a good 2 years ago on the basis that he
pulled it apart, he can find it. Took him about 18 months to stop whingeing for help but he finally did stop, bliss!

#15 Riotproof

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:19 AM

Good news is, you’ll soon be able to watch Lego Masters together.

I’m in the meh category.

#16 Sancti-claws

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:24 AM

I mean she should know better, because my contribution to lego creation is sorting everything - I can get slightly OCD in my sorting tendencies...

#17 Ellie bean

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:25 AM

View PostSancti-claws, on 20 April 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

I mean she should know better, because my contribution to lego creation is sorting everything - I can get slightly OCD in my sorting tendencies...
DH does that. I’m quite happy for it all to be chucked in containers, I feel no desire whatsoever to sort it!

#18 Riotproof

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:26 AM

View PostSancti-claws, on 20 April 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

Terrific. We have tried so hard to sort over the years and I have given up.. see you soon. Have hot cross buns, chocolate eggs and wine.

#19 Crombek

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:41 AM

DS7 actually rang my father to complain about how horrible I was being in making them clean up their toys. Didn’t go well for the poor kid 😂. He then threatened to ring the police but I convinced him if his beloved grandfather didn’t really think he had a point then perhaps police might not be so happy about it either?

#20 Daffy2016

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:49 AM

DD 18m was having a great time playing in the big box from our new microwave. So I dug out an old muslin and showed her how to turn it into a fort.

Cue tears, shouts of no, and storming off. Naughty mummy spoiled everything!

#21 Ozquoll

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:54 AM

View PostTheGreenSheep, on 20 April 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

DS accused me of child slave labour when I asked him to do his chores. Serious eye roll from me.
I asked 6yo DS to ‘help’ me by transferring flour from the bag it came in to a plastic storage container. There was a LOT of whinging and of course flour got all over the kitchen. After he had finished the job, he told me it was such a lot of work I should pay him eight dollars 😂!!!

#22 creatamum

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:05 AM

I can't remember what I had said or done but when DS2 was 4 he marched straight up to a police officer while we were shopping and told him that I should be arrested because I was mean. He did his best to contain his laughter while DS was listing off my offences.

Lego is boring as heck I regularly had excuses as to why I couldn't watch them build their latest creation, whenever they got a new kit I suggested that one of their many uncles would love to help them to avoid it.

#23 annodam

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:11 AM

I've never seen a school play...
We do buy the DVD though.

Does that count?

#24 -Emissary-

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:34 AM

DS and I played with lego once. It was the first and last time. I made the mistake of posting a picture of it on Facebook. It resulted in 5 lego sets being given to him for Christmas and his birthday. Not the most terrible present in the world but DS actually don’t care much for lego...

I was a terrible mother to DS for the first 5 years of his life - I barely played with him. Now he’s older and can participate in board games, we have a board game night every weekend so I’m definitely making it up for it.

#25 Catticus

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:42 AM

Wait.... You're supposed to watch them build Lego?

Oh sh*t. I am a very bad mum....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.