Is she trying to tell me she's ready?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wonderstruck

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:46 PM

My toddler who was 2 in Feb has been telling us for a few months as she does a poo and asks for a change. This week she announces every wee (as a poo) and demands a change as soon as her nappy is a little bit wet.

She was never usually a kid to complain about a wet or dirty nappy.

My main hesitation with starting to train her is she is a poor water drinker with gut issues so is on daily stool softeners as she is usually constipated and she's a bit scared of sitting on the toilet on an insert.

She goes to day care, speaks well and is switched on...

I'm a FTM so not sure whether it's time to try.

#2 SeaPrincess

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:59 PM

I would. 2 of mine were fully day trained by 2, and the 3rd would have been but our daycare wasn’t set up to PT in the room and she was too young to move up. Try a potty if she doesn’t want to sit on the loo.

If you’re not ready to go all out, just try having some nappy free time at home and see how she goes.

Edited by SeaPrincess, 20 April 2019 - 08:00 PM.

#3 rosie28

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:03 PM

She sounds ready. My DS was trained by 2 and DD shortly after (and she was on Parachoc for constipation), she’s not too young. Give it a go and if need be you can always abort mission and try again later.

#4 Wonderstruck

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:38 PM

Just got to find the courage. I will say we went through a tonne of nappies today as she demanded a change any time she was wet.

#5 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:43 PM

Let her take the lead, talk to her about using the toilet or potty, discuss undies and not wearing a nappy, buy some undies and let her know they are ready for her when she is ready.

#6 SeaPrincess

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:52 PM

View PostWonderstruck, on 20 April 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

Just got to find the courage. I will say we went through a tonne of nappies today as she demanded a change any time she was wet.

It should be fairly easy if she doesn’t like being wet. I think that was the main reason why my eldest trained as young as he did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.