Backyard breeder, help needed

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 SummerStar

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:01 AM

No you did the right thing rehoming. But proper breed research before hand would have avoided the whole situation. It's just sad for the dog.

And other posts on that subject and threads you started have alluded that you weren't ready for a puppy yet and would wait... Yet you jumped straight back in. Just a surprise to some of us I'm sure.

Good luck with it, I hope it works out this time especially for the pup.

Edited by SummerStar, 23 April 2019 - 10:04 AM.

#52 Appleaday

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:15 AM

View Post~J_WTF~, on 23 April 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

You rehomed a puppy a couple weeks ago and you have another pup already and you don’t see why that might raise some eyebrows....

Keep your eyebrows down. I rehomed a dog that was a large outdoor active breed to get a small indoor dog (that I will of course walk) it's like comparing a race horse with a pony. I know poodles.

View PostSummerStar, on 23 April 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

No you did the right thing rehoming. But proper breed research before hand would have avoided the whole situation. It's just sad for the dog.

Yes , I know full well the mistake,  I was extremely upset as I had based my decision on grown up golden retrievers. So I made  a mistake but I didn't hurt him, I actually took really good care of him. Took him to the vet, puppy school, feed him a good diet, short walks, he had toys ect. The only bad thing about the situation was that DS who is 3 didn't want anything to do with him so he was lonely. I acted quickly to rehome him so he wasn't too unhappy.

Once again it's the OP's thread...

#53 ~J_F~

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:20 AM

I am so using that line some day...

Keep your eyebrows down.

Thats awesome :rofl:

#54 Oriental lily

Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:32 PM

Op also tell your friend about Bichon Frise .

No shedding , about the size of a cavoodle .

Gorgeous temp and very easy to train .

Attached Files

#55 meljbau

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

I don't know where your friend lives OP, but there is a little poodle rescued from a puppy farm available on Pet Rescue at the moment to a home in Victoria. Your friend might be interested in him.

https://www.petrescu...listings/713348

#56 Bono25

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:38 PM

If she had small kids, waffle the wonder dog on abc kids in the morning is a miniture poodle!

#57 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:15 PM

View PostBono25, on 24 April 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

If she had small kids, waffle the wonder dog on abc kids in the morning is a miniture poodle!

I noticed that the other morning, no idea why I hadn’t realised before. Not sure that naughty Waffle is the best advertisement though...

#58 kadoodle

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:55 PM

I met a couple of mini poodles today at the park. One of them was climbing the ladder and going down the slide with his kids. It was so cute.

#59 Cheesy Sanga

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:16 PM

View PostOriental lily, on 23 April 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Op also tell your friend about Bichon Frise .

No shedding , about the size of a cavoodle .

Gorgeous temp and very easy to train .

Yes! Second vote for a Bichon. From our sample size of one, very friendly and laid back but still loves a good walk. Not a yapper. Ok to be alone for the day if needed.

#60 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:08 AM

View Postmeljbau, on 24 April 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

I don't know where your friend lives OP, but there is a little poodle rescued from a puppy farm available on Pet Rescue at the moment to a home in Victoria. Your friend might be interested in him.

https://www.petrescu...listings/713348

He’s gorgeous!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.