what are you looking forward to this year?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 AprilEthereal

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:07 PM

We're going on a family holiday to Christchurch and Lake Tekapo in the June/July school holidays.  I'm really looking forward to it. A chance for all of us including MIL to relax and enjoy some places we haven't been to before.

#2 blackcat20

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:50 PM

Heading to the US with my husband and our new bub so she can meet all his family.

#3 Caribou

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:54 PM

For my DS to be toilet trained knowing he’s my last and ill Never have to deal with nappies again.

#4 lozoodle

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:56 PM

My trip to the US next month.

My backyard landscaping and pool to be FINALLY finished (its been years in the making).

Mental health being a lot better and being on top of my anxiety that robbed me of a lot of joy last year.

Spending time with good people I have met recently :)

#5 Judydoll

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:05 PM

To sell my house that has been on the market for nearly 2 years.

#6 a letter to Elise.

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:18 PM

I have a big exhibition of my art in August. My first in several years. I’m going to run craft workshops, and have a drop in craft area. It’s going to be lots of fun, and I can’t wait.

#7 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:24 PM

Raising capital for my startup, launching the product and then maybe buying some new clothes. That's it. VERY short term and business focused.

#8 sammyv

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:25 PM

Trip to Hawaii with my dd at the end of her Year 12.

#9 No Drama Please

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:26 PM

Going to japan in June!

#10 gabbigirl

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

Going to Uluru this weekend .
Melbourne and Cook Islands later this year. Working less than last year so I have some breathing space . Planning our renovations

#11 Mrs Claus

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:39 PM

Family road trip to Sydney/Canberra

#12 lizzzard

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:49 PM

Continuing to grow my business- I have several exciting projects in the pipeline, our website will launch in July, and if things go to plan, I may be able to hire another person. And then I will really be looking forward to a holiday in December - something a little extravagant as a reward for the crazy hours and stress during the year!

#13 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:54 PM

View PostJudydoll, on 24 April 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

To sell my house that has been on the market for nearly 2 years.

Sounds like you may need to call Selling Houses Australia :p

#14 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:56 PM

Bledisloe Cup in August (first time it has come to Perth)

Melbourne in June for DD 18th Birthday

New career

#15 Lifesgood

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:00 PM

Heading off to Europe in December. But thats such a long way away.

Playing soccer.

#16 notsoretro

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:38 PM

The end of financial fear, as I will receive an inheritance

#17 seayork2002

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:07 PM

A few trips planned, DS is going to a camp so we are going to stay in a hotel about 1.5hr away, we are also going to see monet/Turner in Canberra later and our usual winter trip to the blue mountains for the weekend and I may be a few other weekend trips and maybe Singapore in dec/jan

#18 Chchgirl

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:26 PM

Moving back to Christchurch mid August , was supposed to be earlier but have a date now.

The Rugby world cup.

I don't mind the Bledsoe either!

#19 JediMaster

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:50 PM

Wow ... I can’t think of anything. That’s a bit sad. I will have to do something about that.

#20 red_squirrel

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:58 PM

I’m hoping to buy a bunch of Peonies. I believe you can only get them for about six weeks, but have always missed out. I want to know what they smell like. I found a shop that sold them last year but too late. They said they wil have them this year at the same time.

For DS1, I hope he doesn’t get expelled and I don’t have to find a new school.

For DS2, I hope he doesn’t die. But this is something I have lived with for 3 years.

I hope to also lose ten kg by summer.

Etd to add. I know this is what you are looking forward to.

But my hopes are all I have to look forward to.

Edited by red_squirrel, 25 April 2019 - 12:03 AM.

#21 Ellie bean

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:05 AM

I really hope you get your peonies red squirrel

#22 red_squirrel

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:31 AM

View PostEllie bean, on 25 April 2019 - 12:05 AM, said:

I really hope you get your peonies red squirrel

Thanks.

I didn’t want to put a downer on this. I just have a really hard life now. Others here do too. But I don’t begrudge those that don’t as I used to be one of those for many years. I have travelled to many places in the past.

I have tried on the Peonies for about 4 years. But their  availability seems to coordinate with peek gastro and flu season.

Everyone needs something to look forward too and often holidays are the best.

#23 Odd-1-Out

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:37 AM

Wow I have absolutely nothing!

#24 ytt

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:13 AM

red_squirrel I understand - my thought was seeing DD stable. She was for a while :( sadly I'm using past tense... We've been on this journey for 3 years as well. hugs

So my hope is DD stays out of hospital and becomes stable and the thoughts of suicide goes so she can truly heal

It's after 1am and I'm going to the dawn service in town, sigh ...

#25 Octopodes

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:50 AM

We paid off our mortgage recently, everything else feels like jam.

Buying a new car

DS finishing primary school

DS going on school camp

An International trip

An interstate trip

A change in roles so I can go back to uni next year

are all things I am looking forward to this year. 2019 is shaping up to be a good one for us. We had a sh*t 3 years, so it's nice to come out the other end finally.

Edited by Octopodes, 25 April 2019 - 05:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.