Jump to content

Dog Lovers Show Melb


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 FiveAus

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:41 AM

If any EBers are going to the Dog Lovers Show this Sunday, come and say hi. I'll be on the Dogs Victoria stand promoting pedigree dogs and I'll have these two ratbags with me. Half-brothers Cash and Rush.

Attached File  IMG_8054.jpg   722.95K   76 downloads

#2 MrsLexiK

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

We are going tomorrow! My DH wants a smart but lazy dog and not a big dog. The rest of the family is settled on either a smart working dog or a lazy dumb dog. It’s not like he will exercise or train smart dog. Nor does he need the big lazy dogs “scary” sounding bark when home alone.

#3 Caitlin Happymeal

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:12 PM

They are so pretty!

Not in Melbourne but now that I'm a proud owner of a mini poodle I'd love to go to a show one day. I'll have to keep an eye out for Brisbane ones...

My bub isnt for breeding or showing but she's awesome. I never knew I was a closet dog person! Can one be simultaneously a dog and cat person? Because I also have the two best cats as well...

#4 TheGreenSheep

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:32 PM

OMG those dogs are gorgeous! I saw the promotion on the end of the news tonight, looks fun.

#5 FiveAus

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:34 PM

View PostCaitlin Happymeal, on 02 May 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

They are so pretty!

Not in Melbourne but now that I'm a proud owner of a mini poodle I'd love to go to a show one day. I'll have to keep an eye out for Brisbane ones...

My bub isnt for breeding or showing but she's awesome. I never knew I was a closet dog person! Can one be simultaneously a dog and cat person? Because I also have the two best cats as well...

I have a Maine Coon cat, a Burmese cat, five Australian Shepherds and two Finnish Lapphunds. So I suppose you can!

#6 kadoodle

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:31 AM

I’m taking my three youngest kids, so I might see you there. Hopefully this time the youngest won’t see a chow chow and panic that there’s a lion on the loose.

#7 casime

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:29 AM

My dogs love the show and being cuddled all day.  They also love going for a walk around and seeing how many freebies they can score.  Feral girl always did the best, because she was a perpetual puppy and everyone thought she was so cute.  She was one of the poster dogs for the show a few years ago.  

I'm flying out tonight for a conference all weekend (national conference for the ANKC, so it's still dog related), so won't get to the show.  Bummed that I'm missing out this year.  

A couple of pups I have bred will be there.  I know one is definitely in the dock diving.

#8 FiveAus

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:35 AM

View Postkadoodle, on 03 May 2019 - 06:31 AM, said:

I’m taking my three youngest kids, so I might see you there. Hopefully this time the youngest won’t see a chow chow and panic that there’s a lion on the loose.

Come and say hello, I would love to meet you and your kids. And Cash is always up for some kid cuddles.

Edited to add: My name is Gayle, so you know who to ask for. I've got short grey hair and wear black framed glasses.

Edited by FiveAus, 03 May 2019 - 10:33 AM.


#9 kadoodle

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:26 AM

View Postcasime, on 03 May 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

My dogs love the show and being cuddled all day.  They also love going for a walk around and seeing how many freebies they can score.  Feral girl always did the best, because she was a perpetual puppy and everyone thought she was so cute.  She was one of the poster dogs for the show a few years ago.  

I'm flying out tonight for a conference all weekend (national conference for the ANKC, so it's still dog related), so won't get to the show.  Bummed that I'm missing out this year.  

A couple of pups I have bred will be there.  I know one is definitely in the dock diving.

What variety of dogs do you have? Last time I was there, my kids made friends with a young Labrador who wanted all the cuddles.

#10 casime

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

I've got Tollers and a Lappie.  

FiveAus knows me as the gazebo gatecrasher ;)

#11 FiveAus

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:41 PM

View Postkadoodle, on 03 May 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

What variety of dogs do you have? Last time I was there, my kids made friends with a young Labrador who wanted all the cuddles.

My Lappie isn't coming because she wants all the cuddles, and all the boy dogs would be lining up to cuddle her...and more. So she's under lock and key for another week or so.

#12 casime

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:43 PM

Legend would look after her for you  He's discovered that girls smell good!

#13 kadoodle

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:15 PM

View PostFiveAus, on 03 May 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:



My Lappie isn't coming because she wants all the cuddles, and all the boy dogs would be lining up to cuddle her...and more. So she's under lock and key for another week or so.

I have one like that right now. The cat is getting quite offended by her advances.

#14 MrsLexiK

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:07 PM

We had such a fun day today. My kids think they are now going every year. It was nice to have all the Dane openers back me up and tell DH they don’t eat as much as a lot of other larger dogs that were on my list. It was also good to have him hear from people from the breeder groups and the breed rescues tell him what I had been saying about breeds he likes (ie they are full on and not lazy and need exercising)

My youngest was so scared when we got upstairs because he was afraid of falling (as the barrier not what he is used to in more modern buildings so that was fun).

We watched the dogs jumping into the black hawk (food brand) pool which was very fun.

#15 kadoodle

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:59 AM

How did it go? I didn’t make it, because kids. Anyone want to swap a tween girl for a puppy?

#16 FiveAus

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:26 PM

View Postkadoodle, on 06 May 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

How did it go? I didn’t make it, because kids. Anyone want to swap a tween girl for a puppy?

It was full on, my dogs were a huge hit and they were pretty much swamped all day. My friend and I had the only four Aussies there for the entire show, which was a shame as so many people came to see them.

My little guy is a certified superstar. For a 3 month old baby, he put up a first class effort in the cuddle/pats/looking cute stakes and I think he had his photo taken 5000 times.
By the time we left at about 5pm, he was starting to get a bit feral (overstimulated toddler!!!!) but collapsed in a heap in the car and slept all the way home.

Cash, my big guy, was an amazing breed ambassador but I had to keep telling people that not all Aussies are as calm and docile as he is. He is a lovely dog for an event like that, nothing fazes him but when he had enough, he'd get down and put himself in his crate for a while.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

 
 
Advertisement
 

Top 5 Viewed Articles

 
Advertisement
 
 
 
Advertisement
 
 
Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.