Weight Loss Support Thread

• Please log in to reply
1803 replies to this topic

#1101 Lifesgood

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:03 PM

View PostCatzilla, on 22 July 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

I wanted KFC for lunch, but then I thought no - we’re having marinated chicken bits for dinner, so I shouldn’t overdo it on the chicken. So I went and got a wrap and a small mocha from Soul Origin instead.
Well done! KFC is one of my occasional guilty foods - I love the chicken tenders.

I got lunch from Soul Origin today too! I had a salad as I can't eat wheat. Just had a manadarin for an afternoon snack.

#1102 CCABW

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:20 PM

Thanks all for the warm welcome! Have not made any progress yet but am inspired by what you are all doing! I should do the waist measurement thing as well - I am in pre diabetes territory so need to get that down.

#1103 Santa Paws

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:44 PM

Tried to make some homemade breakfast bars this afternoon.  Didn't quite work out though.  It didn't bind together into bars, so I might just use it as granola or flavoured oats instead.  All I put in was oats, coconut, chia seeds, blueberries, and pure maple syrup.

Edited by Catzilla, 22 July 2019 - 05:46 PM.

#1104 babyblinky

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:45 PM

Hi All

Day from hell today that started with a child vomiting in the car and needing to turn around and gone home, deal with a busy day at work on top.

I really want a treat now to make up for my crappy day, been good otherwise.  I really want red wine and packet chips but will go for a walk instead.

Was at 72 this morning and really want to be in the 71s...more than I want chips.

#1105 Santa Paws

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:58 PM

Feel like crap at the moment.  Got a mega headache which is getting worse.  Can't face cooking, so ordered Domino's for dinner.  No after dinner walk for me - it could start raining at any moment.  Will have to try and make better choices for the rest of the week to try and mitigate the effects of this slip-up.

#1106 Caribou

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:46 PM

View PostCatzilla, on 22 July 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

Tried to make some homemade breakfast bars this afternoon.  Didn't quite work out though.  It didn't bind together into bars, so I might just use it as granola or flavoured oats instead.  All I put in was oats, coconut, chia seeds, blueberries, and pure maple syrup.

maple syrup may not be sticky enough, I'd go with something like honey instead. try whole foods simply website for muesli bar ideas. she's really good.

#1107 #YKG

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:30 PM

View PostCaribou, on 22 July 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

maple syrup may not be sticky enough, I'd go with something like honey instead. try whole foods simply website for muesli bar ideas. she's really good.

I agree when I make them I use honey as the binding agent, the pure honey not processed honey, spread into a slab in a square cake time or slice tin and put in fridge over night and cut into pieces in the morning. I also do similar for clusters that I put with yoghurt.

#1108 mayahlb

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:36 PM

Urg I’ve gained. I blame my little kid whose birthday it was yesterday. There was chips and dip, and brownie cake (literally two slabs of brownie sandwiched with strawberries and cream cheese frosting). I did have a healthy stir fry with tofu for dinner.

#1109 babyblinky

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:54 PM

So I went for a 6km walk, walked past the bars, serve and fast food without stopping.  

I do feel better.  I was going to skip dinner but decided my body needs some decent food after today so it's a small serving of pork with balsamic lentils.  Recipe says 490 calories a serve so I'll be a bit under that.

#1110 PocketIcikleflakes

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:06 PM

So I forgot that I was going to weigh today, so had a coffee first thing, and forgot I was supposed to be healthy so had coco pops. Then went "whoops" and weighed myself. Gained a kilo so I'm away 66kgs. Doh.

We were out all day and had a happy meal for lunch. Sigh.

Got my act together at dinner though and had one sausage and heaps of veg.

Start again tomorrow...

#1111 Sancti-claws

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:22 AM

Brand new day today!!!

#1112 Caribou

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:48 AM

Weight is still up. I’m totally blaming school holidays. And thank goodness it’s over tomorrow. Then I have 10 weeks to lose all the crap I gained over the holidays.

#1113 Riotproof

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:55 AM

View PostCatzilla, on 22 July 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

You could add some nut butter. Yes calorific, but also full of vitamins, fibre, protein.

#1114 Santa Paws

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:57 AM

View PostRiotproof, on 23 July 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

You could add some nut butter. Yes calorific, but also full of vitamins, fibre, protein.

I was going to, but decided against it just in case DD wanted one for breakfast on a kindy (preschool) day, since there are no nuts allowed there and I thought it was safer to avoid it for breakfast on the day as well.

#1115 Riotproof

Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:04 AM

The other option is sunflower seed butter or tahini (assuming no sesame seed allergies).

I have a feeling the tahini would need to be baked but I don’t know.

Edited by Riotproof, 23 July 2019 - 08:05 AM.

#1116 teejay

Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:11 AM

Hi everyone. Any chance I can join in at this late date? I desperately need to do something about my weight. I am almost the same weight I was when I gave birth to my first child 19 years ago. So have about 20kg to lose.

#1117 Caribou

Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:13 AM

View Postteejay, on 23 July 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

Hi everyone. Any chance I can join in at this late date? I desperately need to do something about my weight. I am almost the same weight I was when I gave birth to my first child 19 years ago. So have about 20kg to lose.

Welcome!!

We’re are all at different stages of weight loss, some of us are starting, halfway or just in maintenance :)
Anyone is welcome any time :D

Do you have a food plan in mind?

#1118 teejay

Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:27 AM

Thank you. I was following the keto diet a while back which was working but so hard to stick to also I worry about all the fats. I might try logging food in MFP and cutting down/out carbs at night. I need to exercise. I feel so much better when I do. I have a gym membership I barely use and a dog that's always keen for walk.

#1119 babyblinky

Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:59 AM

Good morning all

Welcome to all the newbies, weight loss us a journey and a long one, it never really finishes.

I got a 71.8 this morning and was so excited.  I pulled a cute little vest from my wardrobe this morning to wear, I cant do it up yet but it still looked smart and I felt great :)

#1120 mayahlb

Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:21 AM

Waaa I’m up another 500g and almost back to 65 :( I’m hoping it’s just I was fairly active yesterday as I’m very unhappy with myself.

#1121 SeekAltRoute

Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:35 AM

Welcome Teejay- good luck

Oh man I too am up even though I’ve been behaving myself - could be the extra walking I’ve been doing. I do feel better in my clothes though. We are meeting next Sat to try on our bridesmaid dresses to see how they fit etc. Really hope im under 83 and then some ://

Good luck to all today

#1122 NeedSleepNow

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:44 AM

hugs to all those who have gained. It’s such a challenging roller coaster.

I fell off the wagon last night and overate, which is quite rare for me. But, I have had quite severe gastro symptoms since 2am, and will probably be lucky to consume any calories today. Given I’m still vomiting, I’m assuming I’m in for a couple of days of very minimal eating. Not quite the plan I had to get back on the wagon though :(

#1123 CCABW

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:10 PM

I was lucky enough to have dropped a kilo over the last couple of days. Only eaten a salad so far today. Hope that doesn’t translate to binging during the masterchef finale!!!

#1124 Sancti-claws

Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:47 PM

Started at the new workplace today - discovered that I am surrounded by snackers and an enabler (their own words) but there are two lunch rooms, so will be flying under the radar for a bit, methinks...

Have also been told that there is birthday cake at least once or twice a week.  The good news is that generally, birthday cake has lashings of cream - which means I can't eat it!!!  Got to celebrate our body's inabilities where they matter.

On the other hand (or foot?) I weighed myself this morning, and have not wreaked too much havoc on myself on my week off, so fasting tomorrow and onwards, sisters, onwards we go...

#1125 Caribou

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:22 AM

Oh my goodness, I swear the kilos melted off as I sent my child off to school today. I'm down 1.2Kilos, not at my personal best of 75.2, but down to 76.2 which is a a lot better than the 77.6 I was last week! TOM is done so I'm hoping that has a lot to do with it.

Wishing all the best with work Sancti-claws, it would be challenging enough to be in a work place where food is such social thing. I reckon just put a blanket ban on all cakes and treats from the start, makes it much easier to resist later!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.