Weight Loss Support Thread

• Please log in to reply
1429 replies to this topic

#51 76 others

Posted 08 May 2019 - 01:03 PM

Damn I was going to try the thins today. I bought two eggs to wokr to make scrambled eggs and the woolies near work is a tiny rural one and no things. Bought English muffin instead but my lunch is still only 328 cal

#52 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:31 PM

mayahlb, on 08 May 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

WTFJerk wow that's amazing with the burpees. I can't even do a push up :lol: Maybe I will try some modified one. I used to do modified push-ups using the coffee table. (I can't get any lower then that, as one of my knees hates it.)

My current exercise regime is pretty much Mon/Wed/Sat run 5kms, Tue/Thu/Fri, walk 3-4kms, Sun walk 6kms. ("Walk" is usually pretty fast as I'm chasing kids on bikes... The flies however at the moment are terrible.)

I did however discover there are preset workouts on my Garmin watch so I might try some of them. The strength ones look interesting.

Do push-ups off the wall.  There’s graduated modifications for most exercises.

#53 KACM

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:25 PM

I'm in. I need to loose around 20 kilos. I've been doing the 16/8 fast for a while now, but snacking WAY too much during the 8. I'm going to start tracking what I eat during the 8 hours using MFP. I'm also hoping to exercise more, although I'm terrified my plantar faciitis will flare up again!

#54 Kallie88

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

Oh I need to join this. I've gained about 8kg since my last was born and I was not small before that, so really need to try and reset and start moving downwards.

I want to focus more on health tbh, even though I need to lose weight (I'm 137kg) I think I need youi focus on things that are healthy and sustainable not just will make me lose weight right now.

I've been trying to cut down soft drink all year, but have failed lately with being sick most of April -.-' and stress eating. My sleep is also atrocious right now, I'm not able to get to sleep until midnight-1am and then I'm either up with the kids at 6am or if they go to daycare I sleep until midday and the cycle continues. But it's no easier to get to sleep earlier on 6am days. So no energy leaves me no motivation to exercise or eat well.

Anyway, enough whinging.
Goals: get up by 9am, in bed by 10pm from now on.
Track food with bitesnap (app I found that basically gives you a visual food diary, I think that will help me be accountable and really see what I'm eating not just kid myself about that Easter egg or that can of coke)
Exercise: do something, anything, every day
And, get DH to help me get my starting measurements

Good luck everyone, let's do this!

#55 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:51 PM

I ate pizza.  It was a supermarket one that I added chicken, pineapple and cheese to for the kids for dinner.  I cut off a small piece of it and bit by bit it went.  The rest of the day was ok though.

DD showed me the ice cream DH bought last night.  Hazelnut swirl.  It’s unopened.  I’ll be fine until the kids have some then my true colours will show.

#56 Caribou

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:57 PM

WTFJerk, on 08 May 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

I ate pizza.  It was a supermarket one that I added chicken, pineapple and cheese to for the kids for dinner.  I cut off a small piece of it and bit by bit it went.  The rest of the day was ok though.

DD showed me the ice cream DH bought last night.  Hazelnut swirl.  It’s unopened.  I’ll be fine until the kids have some then my true colours will show.

If you want to enjoy ice cream, I always buy either skinny cow icecream which is about 110 calories per portion (I love the fact it’s portioned for you!) or Ben and jerry or Hans Diaz icecream Mini tubs. They come in packets of 4. You can still enjoy the icecream without going crazy on amounts. It’s a little expensive but worth it for the self control and not looking at how sad and small your 1 serve of icecream looks in the bowl.

#57 mayahlb

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:38 PM

I made chicken pesto pasta for dinner, which is clocking at 600cal a serve... man. Who knew pesto was so high in calories? I ate a light lunch and didn’t eat breakfast, and ran 5km today, so still come under my calorie goal. I really should get back into the 16:8 too. It’s my natural eating pattern and screwing with it is when things go wrong. And exercise.

Caribou oh that’s nice to know about the ice cream. I rarely eat it but it’s nice to have a little treat now and then.

#58 76 others

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:20 PM

Not that I eat ice cream but chocolate paddle pops are 79 calories.

I set my goals on my app for 1500 calories a day and went to 1800. Not great but not bad either. Not even feeling guilt about it even though it's my second day. I told myself 1500 but going to let some give and take.

#59 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:37 AM

The scales this morning are down.  Woot.

This morning I discovered that roasted cauliflower cooked without salt or oil is awful but pumpkin is fine.

When I started this I forgot I was booked in for plasma donation tomorrow so I think I'll have to ditch the diet for the day.

#60 Beancat

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

Kallie88, on 08 May 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

Oh I need to join this. I've gained about 8kg since my last was born and I was not small before that, so really need to try and reset and start moving downwards.

I want to focus more on health tbh, even though I need to lose weight (I'm 137kg) I think I need youi focus on things that are healthy and sustainable not just will make me lose weight right now.

I've been trying to cut down soft drink all year, but have failed lately with being sick most of April -.-' and stress eating. My sleep is also atrocious right now, I'm not able to get to sleep until midnight-1am and then I'm either up with the kids at 6am or if they go to daycare I sleep until midday and the cycle continues. But it's no easier to get to sleep earlier on 6am days. So no energy leaves me no motivation to exercise or eat well.

Anyway, enough whinging.
Goals: get up by 9am, in bed by 10pm from now on.
Track food with bitesnap (app I found that basically gives you a visual food diary, I think that will help me be accountable and really see what I'm eating not just kid myself about that Easter egg or that can of coke)
Exercise: do something, anything, every day
And, get DH to help me get my starting measurements

Good luck everyone, let's do this!

Kallie88 - what sort of soft drink are you drinking?  could this be impacting your sleep?  If you are drinking full sugar coke - the combo of excess sugar and caffeine is likely having a big impact on your sleep.  Sleeping until midday is not ideal either.  Have you tried waking up at 6am consistently every day? your body is likely very confused with these different waking times.  Also going to bed by 10 and getting up at 9 - do you need 11 hours of sleep?  If you are feeling this fatigued you need to get a blood test and check your iron, b12 and thyroid function

I really feel that if you can practice improved sleep behavours this is going to have a massive impact on your overall wellbeing and the weight will come off

#61 Beancat

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:59 AM

also scales down this morning
98kg
I really want to be around 93 in the next three weeks before I go to the US

#62 Kallie88

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:45 AM

Beancat, on 09 May 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

Kallie88 - what sort of soft drink are you drinking?  could this be impacting your sleep?  If you are drinking full sugar coke - the combo of excess sugar and caffeine is likely having a big impact on your sleep.  Sleeping until midday is not ideal either.  Have you tried waking up at 6am consistently every day? your body is likely very confused with these different waking times.  Also going to bed by 10 and getting up at 9 - do you need 11 hours of sleep?  If you are feeling this fatigued you need to get a blood test and check your iron, b12 and thyroid function

I really feel that if you can practice improved sleep behavours this is going to have a massive impact on your overall wellbeing and the weight will come off

Thanks, yeah I'm sure the coke is impacting, but yes 10-9 has to be my goal because that's time in bed which does not equate to sleep in my life. So last night I went to bed at 10, mr 1yo woke up 3 times before midnight, baby woke at 1am for a feed. So it was 1:30 before I was able to sleep, mr.1 awake again at 4:30, baby fed at 5am, I got maybe an 1.5-2 hours after that before the kids woke up for the day. I'm a terrible morning person, I hate waking up, always have, sleep never came easy to me, but atm the kids are really doing me up. I end up sleeping so late when they go to daycare because I have so much sleep debt and they're still horrible overnight so I'm basically sleeping a couple of hours overnight then 6am-midday not all night and then to middday

I hope that all makes sense. It's a sh*t storm when it comes to sleep right now, and it's been worse the last month because i've been sick. I am meaning to go to my gp and check all the things too though.

#63 IamOzgirl

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:47 AM

I am in - I tried the 16:8 (from reading the otehr thread) it used to be my natural eating pattern, but it didn't work for me (didn't really work when it was my natural eating pattern either)

I really feel like 'diets' really depend on your body type. So truly what works for one might not work for the other.

So I am back to doing 5:2 which worked for me before, I stopped when coles got rid of my favourite portion control dinner, and when i met now ex DP.

I would love to lose 10kg (which is the smallest i have gotten (last time i was doing 5:2) in my adult life. but will be happy with 5kg, easier to maintain too. I have already lost 5kg.

#64 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:00 AM

DH opened the icecream.  sh*t.

#65 Caribou

Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:27 AM

Had a really horrible night last night thanks to the p&F. I’ve never felt so humilated. All I wanted to do was dive into maccas (I haven’t been to it in 8 years!!) and just stuff myself silly. Sleep was awful. And fronting the school the morning for more p&F stuff, soon as my duty was done I just wanted to duck into supermarket and get the biggest bag of chips I could and wallow.

Oh my god. Took all the willpower in me to go home. Now I’m sitting here wishing I had gotten those chips. I am an emotional eater. I’ve been trying to curb it and realise it doesn’t help. But when I’m in that state it’s also like **** this. Who am I to stop myself? I deserve to wallow. Sure. Just not with food!

I know I don’t want it. And I feel awful after I’ve done it. I always feel sick. But yea. Just so upset.

#66 ERipley

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:33 PM

Caribou, on 09 May 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

Had a really horrible night last night thanks to the p&F. I’ve never felt so humilated. All I wanted to do was dive into maccas (I haven’t been to it in 8 years!!) and just stuff myself silly. Sleep was awful. And fronting the school the morning for more p&F stuff, soon as my duty was done I just wanted to duck into supermarket and get the biggest bag of chips I could and wallow.

Oh my god. Took all the willpower in me to go home. Now I’m sitting here wishing I had gotten those chips. I am an emotional eater. I’ve been trying to curb it and realise it doesn’t help. But when I’m in that state it’s also like **** this. Who am I to stop myself? I deserve to wallow. Sure. Just not with food!

I know I don’t want it. And I feel awful after I’ve done it. I always feel sick. But yea. Just so upset.

Sorry you’re having a hard time, Caribou. I don’t know what P&F is?

#67 Caribou

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:39 PM

ERipley, on 09 May 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

Sorry you’re having a hard time, Caribou. I don’t know what P&F is?

Parents and Friends committee. basically the school fundraising committee.

#68 Kallie88

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:43 PM

That's so hard caribou, i've realized since having kids that I also look for that 'treat' when i've had a sh*t day (funny there's been a lot more of them since i had kids lol). Is there something you really enjoy that's healthy you could substitute with? So like, i usually go for hot chips, coke, chocolate, but especially now it's winter, I can also satisfy the emotional side with yummy food like spaghetti, or chicken and veg soup that are much better choices, or even some indulgent mash but with steamed veggies so again the nutrition is also up. Dunno if that will help, I try but don't always succeed in following it myself 😅

#69 Caribou

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:10 PM

I had two coffees, when I normally have one, called a friend and whinged to her about it, taken my son to the park long enough to wait until lunch time, made myself eat a healthy frittata and I'm not hungry but still sulky. I know on sunday I am going out for high tea for mother's day so I am trying so hard to just not indulge in anything until then.

I don't always win the emotional eating battle, I am getting better at it though! Last time it happened i really didn't enjoy it, I got no satisfaction out of it, i just was so upset that i fell off the wagon with better eating. I'm happy to eat junk food, but I rather it wasn't in response to a bad moment.

So far, today, I'm winning. but still, wouldn't mind a chocolate bar or two. just need to ride out today and hopefully come tomorrow I'll get a nice birthday present, and see a decent weight loss :D

#70 mayahlb

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:45 PM

Caribou I found those cravings for me were satisfied with a vanilla chai tea (the teabags). I don’t even use any sugar in mine, just a dash of milk. But it stopped the cravings for a mars bar or too. I drink a lot of tea when stressed now :lol:

#71 ERipley

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:55 PM

If you have anything left at the end of the day do you just feel the need to blow it? I have 226 calories left over. I know how happy I would be if I didn’t have anything, how good it would be to see the weight go. But then there’s wine...

#72 Kallie88

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:00 PM

ERipley only when I'm hungry lol. I had about 200 calories after dinner and was still hungry so had seconds haha. I've set my target at 1600 which is pretty low based on my stats, so as long as I'm under 2000 I'm happy.

#73 Caribou

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:11 PM

Only if I want to! Some people like to save the calories up and blow them out on the weekends out so they don’t miss out on social eating events.

#74 mayahlb

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:14 PM

ERipley, on 09 May 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

If you have anything left at the end of the day do you just feel the need to blow it? I have 226 calories left over. I know how happy I would be if I didn’t have anything, how good it would be to see the weight go. But then there’s wine...

Depends on how big the deficit is. I won’t eat less then 1100 calories (and yeah some days I can do that easily). For me, I know this will trigger a migraine. Then again, low carb triggers migraines too. If I’m hungry I’m fine to eat it. If I’m not, then I’ll leave it.

#75 ERipley

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:42 PM

You’re all very good to only eat when you’re hungry! That’s my problem. I will just shovel food in there. 😂

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.