What to put on my tiny early walker’s feet?!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 123Babies4Me

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:11 PM

So my petite 10 month old has started walking! I’ve got no idea what I can put on her feet to keep them warm but yet let her keep doing all this new and exciting walking! Any suggestions??

#2 Froggilicious

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:16 PM

Non slip warm socks are great for inside. Thankfully my 9 month old walker was starting walking over summer. Otherwise look for soft soled shoes, I found Aldi often had awesome little baby shoes. Actually the winter sale is on this week, so you might get some great warm boots there.

#3 babycuddler

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:17 PM

Hi have you seen Attipas shoes? They are kind of like socks with a solid bottom, I found them once we were past that stage but looked good to me. I think they are online plus some local distributors. (Not affiliated in any way)

#4 AdelTwins

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:17 PM

Socks with grippy bottoms, or soft soled shoes for outside.

We used to get Dunlop pre walkers from Target. They have these at the moment:
https://www.target.c...-shoes/61500334

#5 seayork2002

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:18 PM

I just put socks on

#6 Soontobegran

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:20 PM

Bare feet at home, soft soled shoes if walking outside.

#7 liveworkplay

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:34 PM

Best to keep them out of shies for as long as possible for foot development. I had early walkers (10 months) and they were either barefoot or in socks. If it was really really cold outside (we are in Tassie) then I used leather booties like these https://greenbubz.co...ole-shoes-boys/  They wore out quicky when used outside but are much better for foot and muscle development as well as balance then any of the "toddler shoes" out there.

#8 sahmie

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:08 PM

I’m a big fan of the wander nz moccasins, we have quite a few pairs now, but coming into winter, I need to find something waterproof :(

#9 amdirel

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

I used those little leather soled shoes for my kids, Bobux I think the brand was.

#10 gracie1978

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:21 PM

No helpful suggestions, other then stay out of shoes for as long as possible.
We had the opposite problem, my enormous child didn't walk until 27mo and by then he was too big for soft soled shoes.  We just wore socks or bate feet until nearly 20 months.

#11 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:27 PM

Attipas were perfect for DD who had tiny feet when she started walking.

#12 CallMeFeral

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:33 PM

amdirel, on 10 May 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

I used those little leather soled shoes for my kids, Bobux I think the brand was.

This, there are a bunch of shoes that are basically a soft leather sock, but slightly more durable and less slippy than socks can be (ones with good grip should be fine). There are some branded ones which can be pricey, but also no name ones on ebay like this https://www.ebay.com...&frcectupt=true

#13 Mands09

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:15 PM

Ugg boots and then into bobux shoes.

#14 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:23 PM

Thick socks. Leather soles baby shoes. That’s all they need when learning. “The minimum required to be safe” is what a podiatrist said to me, with bare feet being recommended.

I had an early walker too! He mostly wore socks, even outside. (We went through lots of socks!)

#15 knottygirl

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:03 PM

My baby girl wasn’t early but she had teeny feet. I struggled with finding shoes for her. She was a size 3 when she started walking which was the pre walkers only. They were ok but she would wear them out so quick. I found betts kids were the best they had flex soles but still lasted welll. They have closed now but not sure if they still have online store.

#16 Noodlez

Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:01 PM

My DD was an early walker too and while I agree no shoes or only socks are best I felt she needed shoes for when outside as I couldn’t bare the idea of her hurting herself or having cold feet. So I think we purchased a pair of Bobux they were really soft leather. They were quite expensive so I haven’t been able to bring myself to buy another pair once she outgrew them but they were good for when she was still learning to walk properly.

Edited by Noodlez, 10 May 2019 - 10:02 PM.

#17 No girls here

Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:20 PM

I had an early walker too and we had the opposite problem - his feet were too big for any of the soft-soled shoes even though he was only 9 months!  We just used socks for a few months.

#18 MooGuru

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:24 PM

No girls here, on 10 May 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

I had an early walker too and we had the opposite problem - his feet were too big for any of the soft-soled shoes even though he was only 9 months!  We just used socks for a few months.
This was me. We used socks and he had non slip slipper/socks for when it was cold. He then got papaya (?) Brand shoes which had a very flexible sole.

#19 onetrick

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:03 AM

We had (have?) The same issue- DS started walking everywhere at 9 months and needed shoes for going to the playground etc. We found some at Ollie's place for around $10 (soft vinyl soles and really flexible- too slippery on our paving when wet, but great for everywhere else) and I'm glad I didn't spend more as he has gone through 3 different sizes already! Real shoes dont fit as his feet are still pudgy and wide, but soft sole fabric shoes are useless (and slippery).

#20 ~ Ohana~

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:07 AM

I find bobux shoes to be the best. They come in small sizes too.

#21 Winterberry

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:36 AM

attipas!

#22 Bearynice

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:52 AM

I think if you go to a shop like shoes n sox you will find some nice leather shoes

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

MsLaurie

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.