Comfy ballet pumps to wear feedback and leggings that hold in your tummy?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 2019Kindness

Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:04 PM

Looking for comfy ballet pumps to wear with my jeans 👖 during winter casual look and some nice leggings that have good stomach
Support! Any feedback please would be appreciated of what’s good to buy please.

#2 wannabe30

Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:21 PM

I recently got ballet flats from Bared. Super comfy. They have an ankle strap which at first I thought was weird but it actually holds the shoe in place so your foot can relax - I didn’t realise how much my feet automatically “held on” to normal flats, even when I would have sworn they were a perfect fit.

EFS

Edited by wannabe30, 13 May 2019 - 07:17 PM.

#3 alchetta

Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:29 PM

Walnut Melbourne ballet flats are an absolute dream. Going to check out bared!
Leggings - I love bamboo body. They're a bit too stretchy round the waist though so I recommend a few sizes smaller than usual. Also neither of these suggestions is cheap.

#4 FiveAus

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

Merrells ballet flats, I think the style is called Lorelei. Super comfy and with a proper walking sole.

#5 Jenflea

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

I wear Human brand ballet flats.
I'm onto my 2nd or 3rd pair now. I like how they've got a decent amount of shoe over my toes, I hate toe cleavage! They've also got a good sole, too thin and my feet and ankles hurt.

#6 Red Sparrow

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:55 AM

Check out this for leggings - www.exoticathletica.com

#7 Soontobegran

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:08 AM

I know this is useless information but I get my ballet flats made in Seminyak Bali at a bootmaker.
Beautiful leather...cut to fit my unevenly sized feet and made up in 48 hours for $35.

I like Walnut too but they tend to not have my size often enough.

#8 José

Posted 13 May 2019 - 04:52 PM

View Postwannabe30, on 12 May 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

I recently got ballet flats from Bared. Super comfy. They have an ankle strap which at first I thought was weird but it actually holds the shoe in place so your foot can relax - I didn’t realise shoe much my feet automatically “held on” to normal flats, even when I would have sworn they were a perfect fit.

EFS

that's interesting.
ive avoided bared so far because of the ankle strap

#9 EmmDasher

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:14 PM

I like Walnut Melbourne and (surprisingly) Mimco. The Mimco ones are expensive but I always get great pairs heavily discounted.

I’m another that avoids Bared because of the ankle strap.

#10 wannabe30

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:19 PM

View PostJosé, on 13 May 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

that's interesting.
ive avoided bared so far because of the ankle strap

The ankle strap is removable if you really don’t like it. But I do really recommend it. It’s also invisible under jeans, pants, etc.

#11 snowflakedoll

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

Another vote for Bared

#12 Ayr

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:57 PM

I wear Bloch ones mostly though I have alot of different brands. I find them good.and most comfortable out of all. I did order walnut due to hearing good reviews from people and they weren't for me, ran small and generally uncomfortable so had to send them back.

#13 a letter to Elise.

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:49 PM

Bared are amazing

#14 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:57 PM

i like Repetto for their soft leather and pretty colours ...i can’t find many stores in sydney that stock them though so i tend to order online - but be aware - i have found you need to go a full size up.

#15 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:00 PM

Hush puppies for shoes (they have the width I bed that makes them super comfy)
Target for leggings. Uniqlo if you’re skinnier than I am.

#16 José

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:03 PM

View PostLucrezia Borgia, on 21 May 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

i like Repetto for their soft leather and pretty colours ...i can’t find many stores in sydney that stock them though so i tend to order online - but be aware - i have found you need to go a full size up.

what website are you ordering from?

#17 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:06 PM

View PostJosé, on 21 May 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

what website are you ordering from?

i’ve ordered them from mytheresa.com in the past.

there is an actual repetto website, but i’m not sure if they deliver to Australia.

Myer sometimes stocks them, but not all the time, and not a full range.

#18 lizzzard

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:25 PM

I adore my my Repettos - I don’t think I’ll ever buy another brand.

ETA: you can buy them from DJs and they are cheaper than in Myers for some strange reason (exactly the same shoe, not on sale....)

Edited by lizzzard, 21 May 2019 - 06:26 PM.

#19 antiq

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:08 AM

I always wears flats all my life and wears Jeggings/ Leggings a lot.

My best go to brand for flats are Marc Joseph, I used to buy them from the USA, David Jones now stocks them.

For leggings and Jeggings, Marks and Spencer and Uniglo are recommended.

#20 2019Kindness

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:41 AM

Thanks for all the great feedback.

#21 Lifesgood

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:39 AM

One more suggestion - I swear by Midas Berlin flexi-soles.

My feet are difficult - flat and wide with bunions. These are the only ballet flats I find comfortable because they are soft and cover my bunion. They also look great. I have them in rose gold and black patent. Think I might be about to order another pair!

https://www.midassho...ld-leather.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.