• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#26 GreyhoundLover

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

Thanks so much everyone - you are all so kind and I appreciate it so much xxxx

You have reassured me, I feel much better than a couple of days ago

#27 FunkyOwl

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:17 AM

So glad to read your updates that everything is going well so far. Those first few weeks drag sooooo much. Hoping things continue well for you and baby at your next scan.

#28 GreyhoundLover

Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:45 PM

Just wanted to update you as you were all so kind and supportive. Had a scan today at 6 weeks 4 days and saw a beautiful heartbeat of 113bpm. We are so relieved and so so happy.

I think im being paranoid/overanxious - the sonographer did use the pulse doppler (where you can hear the heartbeat) for all of 7 seconds...and I didnt know how safe it was that early in gestation but surely im just being paranoid right!?

I think im so wound up after the previous losses I will find anything to worry over

#29 BECZ

Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:49 PM

That's fantastic news.

They always used it that early on me and from my knowledge there's no risk at all.

Fingers crossed for a long smooth pregnancy.

#30 Chaotic Pogo

Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:55 PM

Fabulous update!

Doppler is so safe that you can buy them for home use (in the USA, not that I think that's appropriate)

Accept you will worry about everything and anything, it would be unusual if you did not!

#31 GreyhoundLover

Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:47 PM

So true Chaotic Pogo.

I am on another downward spiral this afternoon because I STUPIDLY started googling normal heart rates for 6 weeks 4 days and came across some study that described 113bpm as 'borderline'. And anything above 120bpm considered normal for gestations over 6 weeks and 2 days.

Why oh why did I go down this rabbit hole. I feel teary and don't want to see anyone or do anything.

Any reassurance from those who had heartrates below 120 at 6-7 weeks would be greatly appreciated :pray: :(

#32 Caribou

Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:06 PM

its entirely possible at the time of the scan the baby was sleeping. they have awake and asleep moments. when you sleep, your heart rate is naturally lower.

DD was a higher rate than DS, I remember thinking DS was really low, but i couldn't tell you the numbers. I also didnt suffer morning sickness as much as DD and i was terrified that it meant something was wrong. Clearly, it's not. he's the most insane normal 2 year old.

Don't put too much stock into the heartbeat ok? everything else is tracking really well.

and Congrats, I've been lurking the other thread for #3 and though we're out of the game, i've been following to see all yours and others updates! Wishing you a morning 9 months.

P.s no more googling unless it's for names.

#33 NastyGal

Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:34 PM

Hi GreyhoundLover, I've been following your posts and having everything crossed for you!

If it helps, my DD's heart rate at 6 weeks 5 days was 116. I emailed my FS (IVF baby) because I did exactly the same thing as you - Googled and then panicked. He said he wasn't worried, but also double checked with his wife, a sonographer who worked in fetal medicine from memory - she was also not worried by the heart beat rate and said it was well within the realms of normal.

DD is now 12 yo so I guess they knew what they were talking about!

I also had zero morning sickness which didn't help when everything I read said that nausea was a sign of a strong pregnancy!

It's so hard not to worry, I know, but sending all my best wishes for a smooth and easy pregnancy from here on in.

#34 GreyhoundLover

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:39 PM

Thanks so much Caribou and NastyGirl. I'm going to try and be positive and not freak out.

Your story made me feel heaps better NastyGirl!

#35 gracie1978

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:41 PM

View PostGreyhoundLover, on 03 June 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

So true Chaotic Pogo.

I am on another downward spiral this afternoon because I STUPIDLY started googling normal heart rates for 6 weeks 4 days and came across some study that described 113bpm as 'borderline'. And anything above 120bpm considered normal for gestations over 6 weeks and 2 days.

Why oh why did I go down this rabbit hole. I feel teary and don't want to see anyone or do anything.

Any reassurance from those who had heartrates below 120 at 6-7 weeks would be greatly appreciated :pray: :(

Hey DIG friend ;)
I randomly remember that my son's hr was 113 as well!
I was 6w something
He's now 4yo :)

#36 Chaotic Pogo

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:48 PM

I was always told detect heartbeat and over 100 was good.

#37 rosie28

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:58 PM

I had the opposite with this baby, heartbeat in the 180s. I also googled and freaked out. I have been repeatedly assured it’s fine and I’ve started to believe it (it’s slowed down a bit now). My FS/OB said anything over 100 is ok for 6 weeks and a few days. This one was 124 at 6+5 (then in the 180s a couple of weeks later). It can vary a lot- step away from the google.

#38 newmumandexcited

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:15 PM

My eldest son was about that. He doesn’t like moving much now so maybe that’s why but he’s most certainly alive and well.

#39 GreyhoundLover

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:31 AM

Just wanted to update you all. Had a scan at 7 weeks 0 days today and embryo is measuring 7 weeks 0 days.

Little heart is still beating away at 121 bpm so I'm really happy with that. First measurement got 115 bpm and I started feeling really stressed but then she did a second (and I hope more accurate) measurement that got 121.

HCG 150000, progesterone 116 which the nurse said was 'really brilliant'

Still feel so nervous but so happy things are still ticking along in there. I think I will always find something to stress about.

#40 opethmum

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:01 AM

Congratulations, I wish you the best.

Keep sane and take care of yourself.

#41 Manicmum

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:09 AM

Awesome!

#42 Ferelsmegz

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:09 AM

All the best GreyhoundLover.

For what its worth my DS sat between 115 and 130 every time he was checked and my DD was between 160 and 180 - all which i was told is normal.

#43 Funwith4

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:12 AM

I have a story with a positive ending: We had 10 IVF cycles over four years. Sometimes we put two embryos in out of desperation. Our last two, we got a positive pregnancy result. But one I lost at 10 weeks and the next I lost at 7 weeks.

We changed IVF companies. We did our tenth cycle and got just one little embryo. This was our last chance. And he worked. He stayed and is now three months old. He was our lucky number ten.

But that pregnancy was horrific. The anxiety and worry was unrelenting. Think positively, that's all you can do. Let the universe do the rest xx

#44 GreyhoundLover

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:55 AM

Wow Funwith4 - you are so brave.

Thanks everyone xxxx

#45 zeldazonk

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:15 PM

Greyhound I am so pleased to read your update!! I understand your anxiety (I am still feeling the same) but I am so pleased it is looking so good for you!!

#46 GreyhoundLover

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:58 PM

Thank you zelda - I am taking it very very very easy. So I lie on the lounge from 6pm to 10pm and do nothing. I don't think I will relax for at least another few weeks!

#47 Funwith4

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:59 AM

I found it helpful to look up a chart that gives you your miscarriage probability... I have tried to find you one but my search engine is playing up. Try googling one. I liked the fact that every day I would wake up with less of a chance of miscarrying.

Might not be your cup of tea but it helped me to be positive.

https://spacefem.com...?m=08&d=10&y=12
Found one - something similar to this.

Edited by Funwith4, 06 June 2019 - 11:00 AM.

#48 Soontobegran

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:11 AM

I have been hoping for a positive update. So happy for you.

#49 GreyhoundLover

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:43 PM

Just another update for all of you who have been so kind and supportive...

I had another scan today and measured perfectly on 8 weeks 1 day and a heartbeat of 181 which the sonographer assured me was perfectly normal.

So relieved!!!

Thanks again xx

#50 gracie1978

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:45 PM

Amazing news DIG buddy :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.