The Voice Australia 2019

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Chelli

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:18 PM

Anyone into this show? I'm looking forward to seeing who they bring back and what it looks like this year.

That said - I'm going to be completely biased this year, GO Jesse Teinaki!!

Can't wait to see the blinds on Sunday :)

#2 eponee

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:08 AM

Apparently Jack Vidgen (AGT 'fame') is a contestant

#3 #YKG

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:07 PM

View Posteponee, on 17 May 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

Apparently Jack Vidgen (AGT 'fame') is a contestant

Why? Hasn’t he already won a show like this before?

#4 smilinggirl

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:38 PM

Does anyone know why Boy George walked off? The contestant said that nobody cares when he plays the guitar (he was playing the piano) and George said he cares and then he just gets up and walks off. Not sure if I missed something!

#5 all-of-us

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:44 PM

I was hoping that you had the answer to that question. I saw a young man who was nervous and who had no self confidence.  Boy George passed that comment and then walked off -: maybe it hit a raw nerve?

#6 Fresh Start

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:04 PM

View Postsmilinggirl, on 19 May 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

Does anyone know why Boy George walked off? The contestant said that nobody cares when he plays the guitar (he was playing the piano) and George said he cares and then he just gets up and walks off. Not sure if I missed something!

I think it was a misunderstanding. I think the boy just meant “when I play the guitar people don’t care about my music”.  Boy George misheard and thought he just meant he doesn’t care about he care and got offended.

#7 Soontobegran

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:20 PM

Boy George needs to settle down. He is such a Diva.

He has a problem later on because Guy Sebastian wears a hat and he is put out because he is  " The Hat Guy."

#8 eponee

Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:04 PM

View Post#YKG, on 17 May 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

I have no idea

#9 #YKG

Posted 19 May 2019 - 11:23 PM

View Posteponee, on 19 May 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

I have no idea

I read an article and quite a few past contestants and other show contestants are in the blinds this year. Have they run out of non heard talent? I mean Prinnie will audition for any music show, I think it’s enough now.

#10 Fresh Start

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:50 PM

Ollie and his family, so beautiful.

#11 BadCat

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:01 PM

Not watching, but I don't have a problem with people who've already had a shot on another show having a shot at this one.  It's a job interview.  Nobody else has to give up after getting one job that doesn't work out.

#12 Zeppelina

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:17 PM

I am watching. I know they are doing the 'All-stars" thing this year, and while I don't have a problem with it I'm always surprised when I see someone who is (or has been) established in the industry pop up for an audition.

#13 MurderBritches

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:52 PM

View Post#YKG, on 17 May 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

Yeah I'm getting annoyed with the amount  of "contestants" that have already had their chance on other shows or as professional performers. This show is supposed to be for people trying to be seen for the first time.

#14 MrsPuddleduck

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

They don’t have enough of those left to audition, apparently...

#15 Bam1

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:46 PM

View PostMurderBritches, on 27 May 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

Yeah I'm getting annoyed with the amount  of "contestants" that have already had their chance on other shows or as professional performers. This show is supposed to be for people trying to be seen for the first time.

No its not, that was one of The Voice’s point of difference from other singing comps it was open to everyone who didn’t have a current music contrat. Most of the other shows even a long ago contract which went no where would make you ineligible.

Anyway The Voice doesn’t care where the singers come from its not about them the show is about entertainment and the judges.

#16 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:17 AM

I have 5 favourites this year.

Henry - definitely my favourite so far this year!

Mitch
Luke
Daniel
Jordan

#17 Chelli

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:17 PM

Disappointed to see Jesse leave tonight but he did well IMO. How emotional was the battle with the Koi Boys. That made me cry!

My favourite now that Jesse is gone is Daniel. I absolutely love his voice and his music.

#18 Zeppelina

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

I can't believe that Guy had the choice of both Kim and Chriddy as his wildcard, and he chose neither of them.

#19 Chelli

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:13 PM

View PostZeppelina, on 19 June 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

I can't believe that Guy had the choice of both Kim and Chriddy as his wildcard, and he chose neither of them.
I thought Chriddy had a beautiful voice. I guess at the end of the day not everybody can win, but it shows how much amazing talent there is out there and how hard it is to get anywhere in the entertainment industry.

#20 Zeppelina

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:52 PM

View PostChelli, on 19 June 2019 - 08:13 PM, said:

I thought Chriddy had a beautiful voice.
Same, and so much feeling in it. So disappointed he's not in it anymore. And Kim - I loved her when she was with Delta a couple of years ago, and I still love her voice when she's doing the right songs for her (I didn't feel that that song was the right one for her).

#21 Prancer is coming

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:45 PM

I am watching, but often doing something else so don’t quite know all the people.

Loving Lee at the moment, and more into his type of music than ballads.

I thought Kim was great too and sad she was not picked.  What is the go with Chynna?  For the last 2 battles I would not have picked her and isn’t she friends with Guy?

I also like Daniel and the guy that sung Eastside.

#22 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:04 AM

Sad Henry is gone.

Daniel is the winner for me
Jordan runner up.

#23 Zeppelina

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

View PostPrancer is coming, on 23 June 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

I thought Kim was great too and sad she was not picked.  What is the go with Chynna?  For the last 2 battles I would not have picked her and isn’t she friends with Guy?
Yep, she's his friend. I agree with you.

#24 Fresh Start

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:08 PM

View Post~THE~MAGICIAN~, on 24 June 2019 - 12:04 AM, said:

Sad Henry is gone.

Daniel is the winner for me
Jordan runner up.

Kids and I were sad Henry is gone. Is Daniel the busker with the beanie? If so we like him.

#25 Zeppelina

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:37 PM

My favourites from the last two nights have been:

Team Kelly: Zeek
Team George: Diana
Team Delta: Daniel
and surprisingly,
Team Guy: Chynna

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.