Best Australian organic baby products+ wipes?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Sheeva33

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:29 PM

I want some very gentle great quality baby wipes? With min irritation and chemicals. Pls advise. Tnx

#2 (feral)epg

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:42 PM

Damp facecloth.  Keep them in a tupperware or purpose designed box when you're out and wash them in your washing machine.
Much better at cleaning than wet wipes, dirt cheap and completely chemical free.

#3 PrincessPeach

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:11 PM

Echoing the above.

You can buy bamboo cloth wipes, but I found normal facewashers did the job better (plus they dried faster than bamboo).

#4 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:13 PM

Definitely use face cloths. I had a certain colour just for bottoms.

They are much thicker and better at cleaning than any disposable wipe.

#5 Soontobe7

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:51 PM

Thank you brand are excellent. No nasties, great company ethics and a nice big thick wipe.

#6 nasty buddha

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:08 PM

Tooshies by Tom
Water wipes
Raynards dry wipes

#7 Grassyrat

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:11 PM

Cheeky wipes are reuseable

#8 400

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:57 AM

Agree to use wet cloths, agree bamboo best.

As for disposables, I use and highly recommend JAK Organics- they have water wipes for newborns that have minimal additives and then for older babies the baby wipes are amazing. DS has never had nappy rash.

#9 Sheeva33

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:18 AM

View Post400, on 21 May 2019 - 04:57 AM, said:

Agree to use wet cloths, agree bamboo best.

As for disposables, I use and highly recommend JAK Organics- they have water wipes for newborns that have minimal additives and then for older babies the baby wipes are amazing. DS has never had nappy rash.
thank you! May I ask where do you buy them from?

#10 Sheeva33

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:20 AM

View PostPrincessPeach, on 20 May 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

Echoing the above.

You can buy bamboo cloth wipes, but I found normal facewashers did the job better (plus they dried faster than bamboo).
thank you, where do you get bamboo cloth wipes?

#11 *Andi*

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:45 AM

I used and loved Cheeky Wipes. And when I needed disposable, Water Wipes.

#12 Beanette

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:50 AM

View PostSheeva33, on 21 May 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

thank you, where do you get bamboo cloth wipes?
Gaia do bamboo wipes

I also liked the Curash "simply water" wipes, they're a bit more affordable than the Water Wipes brand.

#13 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:02 AM

Spotlight
Lincraft
Op-shop
Any soft fabric you have in your cupboards - towels, worn out clothing

#14 400

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:26 AM

I do most of my shopping from my couch!

JAK Organics disposable wipes: https://www.jakorganics.com
They are not cheap but you can buy bulk packs for a small discount.

I bought my bamboo reusable wipes from hippybottomus:
https://hippybottomu...ble-bamboo-wipe
They appear to be out of stock at the moment but I’m sure they will have them back soon.

#15 Natasha123

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:27 AM

Used Water Wipes brand when I wanted disposables.

Otherwise a friend recommended I get a pack of 20 Chux blue cloths. I cut them into quarters (you will end up with 80) and wet them when needed. When finished, I rinse with water and bit of Sunlight or any laundry soap. Then chuck in a bucket of water which has a bit of bicarbonate soda with a baby organics all natural fabric softener. When the bucket has about 40 Chux, I put the lot in the washing machine with a tiny bit of laundry powder. Dries on the line in practically no time. No need to Napisan, Chux rinses through the tiny holes and the sun rays should also contribute to sanitise them.

#16 PrincessPeach

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

You can buy bamboo fleece by the metre from green beans Australia - cut to size, overlock & you are done!

Or premade - most mcn sellers also sell bamboo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.