Cert of Title

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Greatmum

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:50 PM

When you pay off your mortgage do you still get a paper Certificate of title or is it all online now.  If online do you receive anything to say its now in your name.

#2 hills mum bec

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:05 PM

Not sure about paper titles.  We got one 10 years ago.  The certificate of title is always in your name but once the mortgage has been discharged the title will be adjusted to remove the mortgage.

#3 Greatmum

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:15 PM

What about when you buy a property ourright do you get something?

#4 notsoretro

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:24 PM

I'm doing this now, my mortgage balance is -$40, which covers interest for May and a few dollars spare. I contacted my lender who emailed a discharge authority form. Once I fill it in and return it, in due course a solicitor acting for them will prepare the documents and send the deeds to my nominated solicitor. For this I will be billed $500. I could keep my mortgage account open but there's a $395 annual fee and I will have access to other funds once my inheritance comes through

#5 blimkybill

I believe you still get a piece of paper. I did 2 years ago.

#6 Gudrun

Yeah a piece of paper but not the old decorative parchment of old.

#7 Mands09

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:50 PM

I got a piece of paper last year.

#8 GlitterRiver

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:09 PM

In Qld, if you own a property outright, you can request a paper title (which you must hand over on settlement if you sell or to the bank if you mortgage the property).  Otherwise,  you get a Registration Confirmation Statement.  Apparently, from 1 October this year paper titles will become obsolete which is great as they are expensive and time consuming to replace if lost.

#9 Octopodes

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:55 PM

We paid off our mortgage in March, never received a paper copy of the title. We're in NSW.

I'm ringing the bank's solicitor tomorrow to confirm we weren't meant to receive a copy as they had previously implied we should. The whole thing has been a bit of a mess.

#10 Twinkie12

Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:11 PM

In Victoria, you get a paper title upon the bank discharging their mortgage.

Edit: don’t lose the paper title.  They can cost thousands to replace.

Edited by Twinkie12, 26 May 2019 - 04:12 PM.

#11 RynandStompy

Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:39 PM

View PostTwinkie12, on 26 May 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

In Victoria, you get a paper title upon the bank discharging their mortgage.

Edit: don’t lose the paper title.  They can cost thousands to replace.

We're in VIC and may payout the mortgage this year (if I'm made redundant. ). A pp above mentioned a $500 fee for cert to be issued. Does that happen in VIC?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.