We have a new kitty!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Froyo

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:06 PM

After losing our beloved 16 year old boy on Mothers Day our 1 year old boy was clearly grieving and lonely. So we didn't want to wait too long to get him a companion. As it turned out, the rescue group we adopted our 1yo from was helping to re-home a 4 year old boy whose owner was moving and couldn't take him with her. We met him a couple of times and decided that he was the cat for us. I picked him up after work on Friday, and things have gone well between the two boys. You'd think Leo (our newest boy) had been here for months!

I know you love kitty pics so here you go:

#2 BadCat

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:08 PM

There's no pics.

#3 Froyo

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:09 PM

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what went wrong. Gahh!

#4 imme

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:10 PM

That's lovely!  No photos showed up, so I hope you can fix it because I luurrve kitty pictures!

#5 Froyo

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:14 PM

Attached File  Leo 1.jpg   53.16K   290 downloads

#6 Froyo

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:16 PM

For some reason pics weren't attaching in Chrome. Had to use IE.

Attached Files

#7 imme

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:18 PM

He's gorgeous!  Those eyes!! :wub:

I hope he brings you and your other kitty many years of love and happiness  :)

#8 Froyo

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:18 PM

Snuggling already

Attached Files

#9 Froyo

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:20 PM

Here's the mischief making 1yo:

Attached Files

#10 Etta

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:54 PM

Wow - he's a real spunk. It is amazing that they are cuddling up together already.

#11 MooGuru

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:06 PM

What a gorgeous cat! Edited as I'm an idiot and realised the cat I was talking about is a she.

Edited by MooGuru, 26 May 2019 - 10:07 PM.

#12 OceanTwentyFour

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:37 PM

What gorgeous cats 💕
We bought home a 4 month old kitty a week before our 19 year old cat passed away and it’s been so nice having him to snuggle up with (although I don’t think our dog agrees 🤣)
While it was hard losing our older cat, having a kitten already here has made it a bit easier, especially for the kids.

#13 BadCat

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:52 PM

:)

#14 Mollyksy

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:01 PM

Snuggling already?! Gorgeous! Congrats on your new family member.

#15 darcswan

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:04 PM

Beautiful boy! I love his ginger points!

I can’t believe they’re snuggling already. I guess the 1yr old was used to sharing his space? So lucky that they have bonded!

Enjoy your new addition, please give him a chin scritch for me.

#16 Froyo

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:41 PM

Yes they've both always lived with other cats and have sociable personalities.

Thanks everyone :)

Edited by Froyo, 26 May 2019 - 11:41 PM.

#17 More cheese Gromit

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:49 PM

I love his colouring

We recently adopted a 5 month old kitten as a friend for our one year old. They were instant friends

Congratulations :-)

#18 Silver Girl

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:41 AM

They’re both beautiful! So nice that they are snuggling up together already. These pics have really warmed my heart.

#19 Ferelsmegz

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:07 AM

Hes gorgeous! Is he a flame point siamese?

My other cats are missing our little cat terribly.. I completely understand.

#20 rainycat

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:35 AM

They are both gorgeous, your new boy looks very very happy!

#21 bubskitkat

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:45 PM

View PostFerelsmegz, on 27 May 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

Hes gorgeous! Is he a flame point siamese?

My other cats are missing our little cat terribly.. I completely understand.

I had a red point siamese and their faces are longer. Wondering if he could be a red point tonkinese as they are a cross between Siamese and Burmese?

#22 PrincessPeach

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:52 PM

Aww, they are so beautiful.

#23 Froyo

Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:09 PM

View Postbubskitkat, on 27 May 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

I had a red point siamese and their faces are longer. Wondering if he could be a red point tonkinese as they are a cross between Siamese and Burmese?
I don't know his heritage as his first owner surrendered him. The poor cat has had 4 homes in his four years. But yep, flame point Tonk is my guess.

#24 Chaotic Pogo

Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:29 PM

Thanks for pics!

#25 Ferelsmegz

Posted 28 May 2019 - 01:17 PM

View Postbubskitkat, on 27 May 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

Oooh yes I think you are onto something Bubs... definitely doesnt have the nose for it.

View PostFroyo, on 27 May 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

I don't know his heritage as his first owner surrendered him. The poor cat has had 4 homes in his four years. But yep, flame point Tonk is my guess.

OMG I will never understand how people can do this!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.