Is NW Sydney......

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 BECZ

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:10 PM

..miserable enough today to light the fire?

I love the colder weather, but love my fire too and it hasn’t been cold enough yet this year to light the fire.  

Weatherzone says it’s 13.1, but feels like 6.6 and it’s very windy.

Edited by BECZ, 27 May 2019 - 01:11 PM.

#2 seayork2002

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:14 PM

Yeah, it is

Plus I love the smell

#3 Minka1313

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

I love the smell of a log fire. It reminds me of my childhood holidays in Tassie.

We live in sunny QLD so no fireplace for us, but I do wish I could :yes:

#4 Riotproof

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:18 PM

Yes. I think so.  

It’s a bit annoying actually. If I’d been prepared there’d be sour dough and soup happening.

#5 BECZ

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:23 PM

Thanks!  That’s what I wanted to hear!  Off to light it.  We’ve had wood sitting inside for over a week to light it, but it’s been so warm lately.  Yes nothing more homely than the smell of fire.

I agree Riotproof.  I’ve promised my youngest Green Curry for tonight, but I’m considering making some soup too.

#6 WTFancie shmancie

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:23 PM

It's perfect weather for a fire.

So bloody cold, I'm considering doing some housework to keep warm.

#7 seayork2002

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:24 PM

View PostWTFancie shmancie, on 27 May 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are very funny

#8 Caribou

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:25 PM

It’s cold. It’s -1C here in western Sydney (fringes of western!!) and wind chill is -9.8

#9 seayork2002

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:28 PM

I was going to have soup for lunch at a eat in cafe but went to pick up potatoes and had a chicken take away sandwich instead, I am still trying to get over the excitement

#10 Riotproof

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:28 PM

View PostBECZ, on 27 May 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

I agree Riotproof.  I’ve promised my youngest Green Curry for tonight, but I’m considering making some soup too.

Bugger it. I’ve just realised I’ve got some fresh rolls in the freezer. They’ll be nice with soup anyway. Chucked the ham hock and some stock stuff in the pressure cooker. Make pea and ham later.

#11 No Drama Please

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:34 PM

haha put message for DH here instead of sending text :lol:

Edited by No Drama Please, 27 May 2019 - 01:39 PM.

#12 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:36 PM

its cold - i’m in sydney CBD  and it’s cold and windy. our building is actually rattling. no wood fire, alas.

#13 WTFancie shmancie

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:40 PM

13.2 degrees where I am in western Sydney.

Weatherzone says it feels like 3.9 degrees.

Brrrrr!

#14 PrincessPeach

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:41 PM

View PostMinka1313, on 27 May 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

I love the smell of a log fire. It reminds me of my childhood holidays in Tassie.

We live in sunny QLD so no fireplace for us, but I do wish I could :yes:

Being in Qld hasn't stopped someone in my neighbourhood the last couple of nights & it hasn't been cold. Cold weather is arriving tonight evidently.

13 degrees is cold.

#15 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:43 PM

it’s snowing in the NSW alps ....and i wouldn’t be surprised if somewhere like Blackheath gets a dusting - can anyone confirm?

#16 seayork2002

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:48 PM

View PostLucrezia Borgia, on 27 May 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

it’s snowing in the NSW alps ....and i wouldn’t be surprised if somewhere like Blackheath gets a dusting - can anyone confirm?

Not sure now but can get back to you June long week as we are having 2 nights up there without DS, I am going to miss his whinging in the antique shops and not crying 'will you stop making rudie noises the whole cafe does not need to hear them!'

#17 Luci

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:28 PM

I am in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs, is currently 14, says it feels like 11. Just about as cold as it ever gets here!

I am lounging on the sofa under a blanket with the heater on. Unfortunately need to get up now & pick up the kids from school!

#18 Thursday

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:29 PM

I heard that there was snow at Oberon but it was from someone who heard from someone else... not sure how true it is!

#19 BECZ

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:34 PM

View PostWTFancie shmancie, on 27 May 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Oh it would have to be a lot colder for me!  If you run out of housework and are still cold, you can come over to my house.  There’s lots to do (my mum is coming down later this week) and if that doesn’t warm you up, my fire will.

Edited by BECZ, 27 May 2019 - 02:35 PM.

#20 seayork2002

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:36 PM

View PostThursday, on 27 May 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

I heard that there was snow at Oberon but it was from someone who heard from someone else... not sure how true it is!

Ah the shooters hill snow chasers, DH bores me with all the statistics about that place so I am sure I will hear about it when I get home

#21 Thursday

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:41 PM

Flurries at Mount Victoria also, apparently...

#22 Caribou

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:56 PM

View PostThursday, on 27 May 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

Flurries at Mount Victoria also, apparently...

It snowed, but not enough to get a dusting. however, Porter's retreat and Oberon got a nice settling. and its SO FREAKING COLD.

All this has done is re affirm that my insistence that we get double glazing for windows and better insulation done as a good decision. the central heating is working overtime to keep the house warm! I dread my gas bill :(

#23 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:13 PM

It’s certainly snowing in Lithgow, Oberon, mt vic and blackheath. My Facebook feed is full of the photos.  Little to no settling.

#24 Octopodes

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:43 PM

Nah, it's still double digits. Heating doesn't go on until we're in single digits for more of the day than not. The wind isn't even that cold.

I hate the smell of burning wood, it makes me edgy. I grew up in a high bushfire danger zone.

#25 WaitForMe

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:12 PM

Its just suddenly gotten very cold in Melbourne too!

Chicken soup for lunch and lovely gooey warm underbaked choc chip cookies for afternoon tea.

Would love a fire today...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.