Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:39 PM

https://www.news.com...29fe30fd781fdd3

Chips to me

Crisps to the bloke I married

I agree with No1 as my favourite

#2 cstar

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:47 PM

At the moment it's cheezels for me as no 1

we also like lime and black pepper chips, doritos, salt and vinegar.

#3 BadCat

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:55 PM

Smiths original can't be beat.  End of story.

#4 hills mum bec

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:57 PM

I'm not a huge chip fan (I called them crisps growing up, English parents).  Not a fan of anything cheese flavoured and I don't like Pringles.  I don't like the kettle/deli style chips, too crispy.  I do like sour cream & chives thins and I can devour a bag of them.  BBQ or chicken flavoured chips are OK.  There were a limited edition Peking Duck flavour that was sooo good.

#5 wilding

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:57 PM

Cheeto puffs for me, every day for 2 weeks I would buy a packet of them from the 711 in Koh Samui so was excited when Australia finally got them.

#6 Karlee99

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:58 PM

View Postcstar, on 27 May 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

At the moment it's cheezels for me as no 1

Same!! Followed by Smiths crinkle salt and vinegar and twistie zig zags

#7 EmmDasher

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:15 PM

Red rock deli anything but particularly salt n vinegar.

Cheezles are disgusting and I can’t believe they’re on that list.

#8 IamzFeralz

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:27 PM

View PostEmmDasher, on 27 May 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

Red rock deli anything but particularly salt n vinegar.

Cheezles are disgusting and I can’t believe they’re on that list.

Same!  I love Red Rock Balsamic Vinegar and am flabbergasted that Cheezels are so high up.  So gross!

#9 cstar

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:29 PM

I hate any of the thins chips.

I don't mind the plain smiths chips but can't have too many some reason.  

Where as give me a box of cheezels and well.....

#10 seayork2002

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:35 PM

I love cheezels but they make me sick for some reason (not sick big time just a bit) but DH says he gets all funny on them (well 'funnier' than normal!) and won't eat them again

I find red rock hard to eat and they hurt my mouth sometimes as they are so sharp

#11 EmmDasher

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:43 PM

Cheezels, twisties & burger rings aren’t even a ‘chip’. Smiths BBQ should be on that list in place of at least one of the non-chips.

#12 Mollyksy

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:46 PM

I get the little cuts from red rock and other gourmet chips. I love cheese and onion smiths the best.

#13 Kreme

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:47 PM

I stopped eating twisties and cheezels when I grew up. I’ve always hated burger rings - bleurgh!

Plain flavoured chips are a waste of time but I do enjoy a good salt and vinegar. The light & tangy ones are my favourites.

Edited by Kreme, 27 May 2019 - 02:48 PM.

#14 WannabeMasterchef

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:27 PM

Not quite chips but you can get wasabi pea chips and roast corn kernels as snacks at Coles. Loving both of them. Also like soy crisps but don't eat them too often as very high in fat.

#15 Beanette

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:46 PM

I only like plain Red Rock / Kettle chips. I find that anything with flavouring leaves me with a terrible aftertaste for hours, just can't get rid of the chip flavour even after brushing my teeth.

#16 Ragdoll01

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:50 PM

I'm not a massive crips fan but with this pregnancy I've been having a pack or two of Thins Salt and Vinegar, it hurts my mouth though so I have to take a break between each go.

#17 Chchgirl

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:07 PM

Chips are only a sometimes food for me as I'm permanently watching my weight these days, so I only have something evety couple of months.  I'm not a huge fan anyway.

1. Kettle chilli-but with my IBS (sorry guys, tmi!!) I can't eat them often.

2. Bluebird Green onion crisps- nz brand but exxy so only buy them if they are on sale a couple of times a year or when I go back to nz.

3. Red rock deli lime and cracked pepper, those are lovely!

I actually like some of the vegetable crisps in tne health food section like beetroot or sweet potato, my dd got me on those.

#18 seayork2002

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

Not chips but DS recently got me on to Grain Waves, the sour cream ones I think it is called, DH likes the chili ones but they are too hot for me

edited because my spelling is appalling

Edited by seayork2002, 27 May 2019 - 04:17 PM.

#19 Chchgirl

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:13 PM

View Postseayork2002, on 27 May 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Not chips but DS recently got me on toe Grain Waves, the scour cream ones I think it is called, DH likes the chili ones but they are too hot for me

View Postseayork2002, on 27 May 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Not chips but DS recently got me on toe Grain Waves, the scour cream ones I think it is called, DH likes the chili ones but they are too hot for me

My dd loves these but I haven't tried them as I have to be careful with Chilli and I hate sour cream flavoured chips.

#20 seayork2002

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:15 PM

View PostChchgirl, on 27 May 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

My dd loves these but I haven't tried them as I have to be careful with Chilli and I hate sour cream flavoured chips.

I can't taste the sour cream but I am not a snacker after work (Dh goes through everything) never have been really but since we have had these in I am going through heaps

#21 Octopodes

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:22 PM

My favourite flavour seems to have been discontinued, Red Rock Deli champagne vinaigrette.

Is it just me or do Smith's chips have less flavour than they used to?

#22 Jane Jetson

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

Smiths Original all the way - but only the Thinly Sliced ones! None of this corrugated chip nonsense.

Second place is Thins Original.

Followed by chicken Twisties (a bold choice, I know).

Burger Rings and salt and vinegar anything are the work of Satan.

Mind you I've been on a no-chips thingy this year, for diet/health-related reasons. I miss them.

#23 FEdeRAL

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

Tyrrells lightly sea-salted chips. It’s. So. Good.

#24 aluminium

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:07 PM

Smiths Salt and Vinegar

#25 Jenflea

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:03 PM

Chicken twisties
Burger rings
Frazzles(UK crisp, bacon flavoured)
Scampi and lemon crisps(UK crisps)
Cheese and bacon balls.

Light and Tangy chips and a few salt and vinegar chips, but not many o my mouth hurts.

There's a newsagents here that imports the UK crisps and my word there's a huge variety! Prawn cocktail, lots of beef ones, so good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.