***TTC June 2019***

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#26 ljp89

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:42 PM

Hey everyone. I’ve been following along but haven’t posted much for the last couple of months, but we’re TTC#2 as of this cycle so here I am.

Was wondering if anyone may have some insights for me.

My LO is 18mo, my period returned at 15 months post partum. I am breastfeeding still. My periods have been weird. I got one at the start of March for 4 days. Then right on time in April also 4 days. Then I got one every second week for a month which lasted 3 days. Last cycle was 24 days, period was 3 days duration. I’m currently on cycle day 9.

With the short cycles and short durations, can anyone tell me what is likely to happen with ovulation and LP’s? I’m using the Flo app and it reckons I’ll ovulate on the 5th, next period due the 20th. Just don’t know what to think.

We’re DTD every second day so hopefully we get lucky but I’m not holding my breath this time around. Planning on buying OPKs and temping as well to pinpoint it more.

#27 Terfl

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:06 PM

ljp89 - my periods have been very irregular since having DS and definitely shorter as well. My cycles are all over the shop - I had really short ones of 25 days and then last month was 32. But I get really strong O pains and AF usual sets in about 14 days after. I used to have 28 day cycles every month.

I've given up on OPKs this month, didn't really want to spend the money again and I do know when I O'ed. It's just the time before that I find hard to judge. I constantly question if it has happened already. After trying every day for 7 days last month, we're a bit more relaxed and started an every-other-day routine on Wednesday. I'm CD13 today and I'm not sure if and when I'll test. We're going on holiday the day AF is due and I'm not sure I want to stress about it beforehand.

Good luck to everyone, I hope June is our lucky month!
Oh and this is our 10th month of TTC - I had 2 chemicals during this time.

#28 BabyBlessed#4

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:49 PM

Hey Lovelies....

Feeling a lot better then yesterday! I really struggled last night, pain, cramps, headache, nausea & hot flashes! Was really worried I was starting to experience OHSS but with lots of Panadol & rest I’m feeling a whole lot better...

BUT it’s all been worth it...

Got the call from the clinic nurses this morning & out of our 14 eggs 12 have fertilised over night... we just did IVF & not ICSI so they basically just let them all do their own things! We are seriously over the moon... I cried my eyes out! I was so relieved.... being almost 40 I was so worried we wouldn’t get anything!

Now to keep everything crossed we still have great numbers by Tuesday!

#29 M2468

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:36 PM

Hi all

Another newbie dipping my toes in to join the other long time TTC'ers.

To cut a long story short - went off the pill in Oct 2017, diagnosed with PCOS last year. Unmedicated at present (tried metformin and it made things worse). Done three tracked cycles this year via blood tests (GP referral) that suggest everything is normal, though my cycles are a bit erratic (all different in length).

Currently around 7dpo - not feeling very positive about it. I'm thinking of getting a referral to a proper FS in June...

#30 Pal30

Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:28 AM

Cd1 :). June is the month! :)

#31 BabyBlessed#4

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:22 AM

Stay Positive Pal30.... you got this Girl!

Welcome M2468! Hopefully your stay is short & sweet...

I’m still on a high with our great feet rate yesterday but also quietly stressing that we won’t have anything to transfer/freeze on Tuesday!!! I keep telling myself that surely out of 12 we should have atleast a few really good embies on Tuesday!

#32 CamemBear

Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:55 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm also back this month. We've been TTC #2 since Jan, had early mc in Feb and now just BDing as much as possible. CD17 and I think O is around now - I don't use OPKs or temp mainly because I'm too lazy, so it's all a guessing game. I've been quite stressed this month, so hoping my cycle won't be thrown off too much.

Great news, BabyBlessed! Looking forward to an update on Tuesday!

Welcome to the new girls! Let's hope there's some good news this month :)

#33 BeachesBaby

Posted 01 June 2019 - 03:02 PM

Got a call from my ivf clinic, who said that my estrogen has risen well, and I'm ready to trigger tonight, for embryo transfer next Saturday :) I feel like I'm in the 3ww now, since I'm still a week off transfer. I'd been planning to test at home 7 days post transfer, since that's when I got a clear positive last time, but just found out my FS wants me to use pregnyl as luteal phase support this time, which causes false positives, so now I won't be able to test until 2 weeks post transfer, and will actually have to wait it out. I'll be overseas visiting my in laws, so hopefully that'll keep me occupied enough.

I'm feeling really relieved and happy that my body seems to be responding the way we'd hoped, and I'm cautiously optimistic about our next transfer. I'm nervous of course, and am just hoping we don't have a repeat of our first transfer and then subsequent loss.

Edited by BeachesBaby, 01 June 2019 - 03:02 PM.

#34 Nat2910

Posted 01 June 2019 - 03:11 PM

Welcome M2468, I also have pcos and would recommend a FS referral to get things moving. Even then, things move rather slowly with tests, scans, surgery, etc. plus the FS will likely want to do their own tracking.
BabyBlessed, your numbers look promising. Good luck for Tuesday!
Pal30, sorry to hear AF has shown up. I hope your next cycle is the one.
Camembear, I hope this month gets better for you. Here if you want to chat.

Afm, it’s 7 days past the last letrozole tablet, so I should ovulate today, if I already haven’t done so. Got my solid smiley this morn confirming letrozole is doing wonders. Also my tummy is a little tender with o pains.
FS wants me to double my dose to push things along, so 5mg next cycle.
We bd last night, should I bd tonight as well? FS said every second day is best, though I thought it may be good to squeeze in another now I know im o’ing today.

#35 Nat2910

Posted 01 June 2019 - 03:19 PM

Beaches, I’m so excited for you. I’m glad you’re moving forward and things are progressing.
Fingers crossed the trigger and transfer is easier on you this time around.
What happened last time, happens. Mother Nature is smart and maybe it was all for the best. You can’t look back, you need to focus on moving forward to a happy, healthy baby.
The travel will hopefully help keep your mind off it and reduce some of the stress. Big hugs to you x

#36 M2468

Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:03 PM

View PostNat2910, on 01 June 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

Welcome M2468, I also have pcos and would recommend a FS referral to get things moving. Even then, things move rather slowly with tests, scans, surgery, etc. plus the FS will likely want to do their own tracking.

Thanks for the advice. I've been putting it off since my last experience of tests and medication (the metformin prescribed by an endocrinologist) was such a disaster. But it's been such a long time since we started TTC, I know it's time to get more tests done. :(

#37 Gabbitz

Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:34 AM

Hi all,
I suspect i’ll Just be ‘lurking’ and reading your stories again this month. We see our fs on 18/6, but I doubt we’ll be able to start our cycle immediately, I’m guessing we’ll be starting next month. We have an anonymous donor gifting us with eggs and then i’ll Be going through the transfer and wait times typically associated with IVF. I feel your pain of the ivf waits.
This will be our 11th cycle, second donor cycle. Our first donor in 2016/7 gave us our son. This one is an awesome blessing because we’d almost reconciled ourselves to having only 1 child. I’m really hoping that all goes well!

I’ll be thinking of all you ladies as you go through this month. It’s a really difficult journey - a roller coaster that you don’t really know where it’s going or how to get off and others don’t get it and are often hugely insensitive!

#38 Nat2910

Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:11 AM

M2468, do you have lean pcos? I was offered metformin and refused, which was okay since I have lean pcos.
At least you can let your FS know it’s not compatible for you.
They’ll probably do a hycosy before prescribing any medication to ensure tubes not blocked and no polyps.
Hopefully it moves quick for you.
Gabbitz, how exciting! I’m so happy for you. Good luck with your FS x

#39 M2468

Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:31 AM

View PostNat2910, on 02 June 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

M2468, do you have lean pcos? I was offered metformin and refused, which was okay since I have lean pcos.
At least you can let your FS know it’s not compatible for you.
They’ll probably do a hycosy before prescribing any medication to ensure tubes not blocked and no polyps.
Hopefully it moves quick for you.
Gabbitz, how exciting! I’m so happy for you. Good luck with your FS x

Yes - lean PCOS. It was a pretty borderline diagnosis. I didn't have insulin resistance or high androgens. Just the PCO on ultrasound and irregular periods at that time. So they said 'just try it' with the met and because I was feeling impatient at the time I agreed.

Good luck to all those awaiting IVF! Will be thinking of you over coming days.

#40 Bumbleflop

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:53 AM

Hi ladies :)

Here again! 2 and a half years for #1. Almost finished my first tracking cycle and will be testing sat 8 June which is only 9DPO but I have a big night planned. Anyone know if the blood test a week after ovulation can pick up on a BFP?

#41 rowd

Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:33 AM

Congrats beachesbaby, those are great numbers! Hopefully knowing you can't test earlier will make it a little easier?

Bumbleflop, it would totally depend on when you implanted, I think it would be possible but unlikely :)

Here's to a much better month this month!

#42 Peebs

Posted 03 June 2019 - 12:30 PM

That's awesome news Beaches - I'm so excited for you! xx

Welcome to the newbies!

AFM 9dpo today.  I have been a raging b!@ch for the past 2 days...I don't know if it's pms (not normal this early) or just the fact that I'm realising I'm starting IVF this week but my mood is out of control!  Went to get another blood test done for IVF for DH yesterday and the lady who was taking the blood was telling us about another lady she had in that morning who was PG just by changing certain things around diet and lifestyle etc because she "didn't want to do IVF".  Well that just set me off on a downward spiral all day, I don't want to do it either lady!!

Poor DH, he copped the brunt of it yesterday, my bad mood and then me randomly bursting into tears!!  Now I'm at work trying not to talk to anyone so they don't cop my wrath either lol.

I know I'm going to cave and test tomorrow just to put myself out of my misery and try and get my head focussed on what's to come.  I'm trying to be excited about finally moving forward but it's just not working today.  Sorry for my rant guys, just needed to vent to someone.

#43 Pal30

Posted 03 June 2019 - 12:54 PM

Struggling guys :(

Our 3rd miscarriage wouldve been due this week on its daddys birthday and i haven't been pregnant since we lost this one (October!!)

#44 onetrick

Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:33 PM

Oh, Pal, I'm so sorry :( today will be hard, and there will be other hard days, but hopefully you will get good news soon and something (someone) amazing to look forward to x

#45 BeachesBaby

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:38 PM

Pal - I'm so, so sorry to hear you're struggling, and happy birthday to your angel baby. Nothing we will say can make it better, but we're here for you, and understand what you're going through <3

#46 *Peony*

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:59 PM

View PostPal30, on 29 May 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

Hey everyone thought Id start June after a bfn this morning. Af due Sat.

If you want to let me know testing dates Ill add them to this original post.

We are ttc no 3, cycle 16!

Baby dust!!

6 Peebs
10 JC22
12 nat2910
30 Pal30

Thanks for starting Pal30. I’m sorry for your struggling at the moment, that’s really hard. :( I hope you’re okay.

Testing date is 17 June for me. It’s my birthday on Wednesday and I’m in my fertile window supposedly... I only have one birthday wish. DS is 2 at the end of this month too so I’m trying to suppress that ache that keeps rising for #2. I have to be honest though, hope isn’t high lately. I keep choosing to ignore it or it destroys me.

Edited by *Peony*, 03 June 2019 - 09:58 PM.

#47 Bumbleflop

Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:22 PM

Big hugs peebs :( totally get your frustration! After doing this tracking cycle I just don’t know how we are going to do IVF logistically let alone financially and emotionally. I wish it was as easy as changing diet :| I have everything crossed for this cycle being the miracle for u xxx

Thinking of u today too Pal, I hope your rainbow baby turns up this cycle :) xxx

#48 Peebs

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:00 AM

Thanks Bumble xxx

Hope you're doing ok Pal xxx

#49 M2468

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:15 AM

Sorry to hear Pal - make sure you're kind to yourself this week.

Peebs - I know how you feel, I've also been a real b*tch. Ive been snapping at my DH and I couldn't even really smile at a friend's daughter's new baby pic my mum showed me on the weekend.

AFM, I'm down in the dumps this morning because I've got a kind of wet feeling so I just know AF is approaching (does anyone else get that feeling?). I fully anticipate that I'll be using a day of leave I had booked this Friday to go to the docs to get a referral to a FS. Bleh.

#50 moineau

Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:57 PM

Popping in - Boss baby mum - You and I are at similar stages.

We are what cycle 14? 15? - No luck last month.

After discovering with my irregular cycles that my LP last month was only 8 days, waiting to see the outcome for this one. Dr referred for bloods and ultrasounds to check LH and progesterone levels and a FS.

Currently on 7DPO after O'ing on CD 17. So the next 2 or 3 days will tell if my LP is regular or not. (unlike my actual cycles)

I didn't end up booking in for any of my tests this cycle like the Dr told me to - The timing was difficult with times I was available and appointments were available, so if there is no BFP this month (which lets face it... is likely) I will have to book in...

SO FRUSTRATING

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.