Changes to beasts in pregnancy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ocean waves

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:12 AM

Hi guys

I’m 26 weeks pregnant with my third and haven’t had any changes to my breasts. Previously I was wearing maternity bras by 14 weeks but my regular bras still fit really well. I am large and wear an E/F cup so perhaps that’s the reason? I haven’t had a great track record of breast feeding but the issues were more too much milk not draining and nipple damage. Any suggestions?

#2 Caribou

Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:25 AM

My boobs are size b. Didn’t change at all during pregnancy. The size is not related to the amount of milk. If you had issues with feeding last time I’d advise jumping straight into a LC at the hospital and explain the issues. Or alternatively a private LC who can walk you through it.

#3 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:15 AM

I was the reverse. I wore normal bras with my first until about 32wks, 26wks with my second but with my third I was in maternity bras by14wks.

What that really shows is every pregnancy is different.

I was DD/E before my first pregnancy and GG now after my third (10 years later).

Feeding 1 & 2 was hard, but my 3rd latched on like a pro, so 9nce again my experience was each pregnancy and baby is different. My third who latched on like a pro was also slightly premmie at 36wks.

My advice is don’t stress.

#4 Mollycoddle

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:15 AM

I found that my beasts (both pets and the small, human kind) got a lot more irritating to me during pregnancy.

Sorry OP, couldn't resist your title typo ;)

#5 Ocean waves

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:35 AM

Mollycoddle - what Typo? I can’t see it and it’s drivibg me nuts!!

Thanks for the reassurance guys. It seemed like a burning issue at 3am!

#6 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:39 AM

Typo in thread title

#7 lozoodle

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:15 AM

hehe thread title says beasts, I giggled at that too when i saw it in recent topics :)

#8 Soontobegran

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:51 AM

Breasts do not always grow in size in pregnancy.
Some people grow massively then slow down, some don't grow until the milk comes in.
I did not grow at all, I was just more firm when my milk was in but then I was already an DD.

My breasts grew ( downwards ) after I had finished feeding my lot ....it's not pretty. :(

Breast size is no indication of ability to breast feed. In fact 'sometimes' smaller breasts work a little better as there is not as much fat sharing space with glandular tissue.

#9 Pocket...

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:25 PM

I had 8g boobs pre babies. My first pregnancy they grew from the second trimester or so, 12 g ish. For my second they didn't grow or firm up until I'd given birth and then they sorted themselves out within the hour and settled down much quicker, 12 f or so, but that was mostly a wider torso due to too many cupcakes.

I had previously breastfed almost up until I feel pregnant with my second though so maybe they were taking the opportunity to rest up lol.

I had some over supply first time but not enough to cause problems. The second time I didn't get over supply after the initial week I think. It's s bit blurry in my memory now though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.