Looking for a specific museum

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 seayork2002

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:26 AM

We are going to Canberra for the Monet exhibition later this year and I have remembered a museum that we say on (I think) the Tony Robinson walks tv series.

I can't locate it - from memory it had large tanks/army stuff and may have been connected to the war memorial but it was mentioned as only being opened sometimes.

I have done all the google searches I can think of

thanks

#2 Babetty

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:49 AM

Possibly the war memorial annexe? Basically a big warehouse where they keep stuff that doesn't fit in the main building

ETA: only seems to be open once a year

Edited by Babetty, 12 June 2019 - 11:51 AM.

#3 seayork2002

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:10 PM

View PostBabetty, on 12 June 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

Possibly the war memorial annexe? Basically a big warehouse where they keep stuff that doesn't fit in the main building

ETA: only seems to be open once a year

Thanks, will look into it - we are debating to have a child free weekend or take DS along

#4 Babetty

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:22 PM

It's official name seems to be Treloar Technology Centre.

#5 Jenflea

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:51 PM

The War Memorial has all sorts of displays as well though, even if not the Time team mentioned one.

Plus we have the Dinosaur Museum, a Reptile place, National Museum of Australia(though that's a bit boring frankly).

That Monet exhibition looks amazing!

#6 seayork2002

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:55 PM

View PostJenflea, on 12 June 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

The War Memorial has all sorts of displays as well though, even if not the Time team mentioned one.

Plus we have the Dinosaur Museum, a Reptile place, National Museum of Australia(though that's a bit boring frankly).

That Monet exhibition looks amazing!

Thanks, they are great places!

We have been to these and others and we have been to the war memorial itself and the museum.

We try and do something different each time wer visit - we have been to the Turner and and th3e recent pre raphaelites ones - mind you DS was a horror at the pre raphaelites hence why I am considering going without him this time!

#7 4kids mostlysane

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:21 PM

I went to the Monet one last week and while it's not a tiny exhibition, it's not huge.... I read all the info about all the paintings etc and it took me and DH about an hour to go through it.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.