WWYD - lamb cutlets!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Lady Gray

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:20 PM

If I bought some fiendishly expensive lamb cutlets on Wednesday afternoon and had them marinating until today but it looks my husband wont be home until tomorrow would you put them in the freezer or keep the in the fridge until tomorrow?  

Or is it already too late and I should throw them out?

ETA-  if it matters I’ve been sick for months and have only just started feeling better so do not want to risk eating spoiled meat!!

Edited by Lady Gray, 14 June 2019 - 05:21 PM.

#2 Jane Jetson

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:22 PM

I'd just cook 'em and eat 'em tonight to be honest. All the more for you if he's not there.

#3 Lady Gray

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:26 PM

View PostJane Jetson, on 14 June 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

I'd just cook 'em and eat 'em tonight to be honest. All the more for you if he's not there.

I, ahem, may or may not have eaten a large bag of m&ms at the thought of solo parenting for another night with so much work to do tonight so don’t have the appetite for 12 lamb cutlets!!

Edited by Lady Gray, 14 June 2019 - 05:26 PM.

#4 gettin my fance on

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:27 PM

Cook 'em and eat 'em tonight.  All of 'em.

Yumm yumm!

#5 Mrs Claus

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:29 PM

I’d freeze them for another day

#6 bikingbubs

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:30 PM

I would eat them all myself.

#7 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:51 PM

It's only Friday! Fresh whole red meat should last at least 4 days. So freeze or even just leave in the fridge for tomorrow.

#8 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:53 PM

Lamb cutlets are small.  Cook them, eat 6 and have the rest for breakfast

#9 Riotproof

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:54 PM

They’ll be fine tomorrow.

#10 daybreaker

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:55 PM

Cook them tonight and reheat tomorrow.

#11 Jersey Caramel

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:56 PM

If they have been in the fridge the whole time,  they will be fine tomorrow.

#12 JoanJett

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:03 PM

They will be fine, particularly if the marinade contains any salt/acidic ingredients.  And perfectly delicious.

#13 MissMilla

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:51 PM

I would think they should still be good if you keep them in the fridge.

#14 Dianalynch

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:56 PM

I would also cook tonight and eat tomorrow, you can imagine you are Nigella while grabbing a cold cutlet from the fridge and dipping it into the mustard jar

#15 Jane Jetson

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:01 PM

View PostLady Gray, on 14 June 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

I, ahem, may or may not have eaten a large bag of m&ms at the thought of solo parenting for another night with so much work to do tonight so don’t have the appetite for 12 lamb cutlets!!

Ah, I didn't factor in the M&M factor, and 12 is a lot even without it. Surely they'd be right for another day or two, though. Red meat lasts a few days in the fridge unless there was a large and obvious Use By involved.

Mmmm, M&Ms...

#16 BeAwesome

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:09 PM

I'd cook all tonight, eat some, and save the rest for husband to reheat tomorrow.

#17 Pip_longstockings

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:18 PM

Have a whiff. If its smells bad don't eat but I would put my money on them being OK for a few days yet if refrigerated at the right temperature. And the marinade is also likely preserving them.

#18 QuirkyMum

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:19 PM

Cook them through(!) tonight, enjoy as many as you can, rest goes to fridge straight away.

#19 limakilo

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:42 PM

I am really funny about eating meat, and I would eat them tomorrow.
If they have been in a marinade, and covered/sealed, they should be more than fine.
If you are unsure if he is coming home tomorrow, freeze them and eat them another time.

#20 Silverstreak

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:22 PM

Yep, I would cook them all, eat some tonight and then your DH and you can finish the rest tomorrow.

#21 lozoodle

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:47 PM

They'll be fine tomorrow!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.