What should I get my bestie for her 40th?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 livelifelovehappy

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:30 PM

Life long sister like bestie, have no idea what to get her! She doesn't want things, so I thought an experience would be nice, maybe pay for her and her hubby to go to dinner, but she's currently cranky with him!

Maybe a spa day together? Does anyone have any ideas?

#2 missminx

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:37 PM

High tea?
Cocktail bar?
Photo book of your friendship over the years?

#3 just roses

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:43 PM

Take her away for a weekend! Or a day at a spa together.

#4 PrincessPeach

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:51 PM

What about a long lunch somewhere nice together?

#5 Mollyksy

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:54 PM

I love the photo book idea and the spa idea. Any shows coming up you know she'd like? Depending on budget, you could look for a show in a different city/state and fly out for a girls weekend. I did this with my male bestie complete with hiring a fancy dancy car as I knew he'd be excited to drive it. I flew him to Melb, saw a show, stayed the weekend and drove the great Ocean road in a very expensive car. It was lovely.

Nothing beats a heartfelt card or letter as to how much your friendship has meant to you over the years and your plans as you grow old and wrinkled together.

#6 livelifelovehappy

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:02 PM

These are great ideas! I have a newborn who is breastfed so that will cramp my style a bit, but the spa thing we can do!

#7 livelifelovehappy

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:04 PM

And the letter. That’s a great idea, she’s very special to me!

#8 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:35 AM

If it was me, definitely not something I couldn't use up or doesn't fit in a drawer!

What's wrong with getting a dinner voucher? How long does she plan on being cranky with her DH for?

#9 gracie1978

Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:48 AM

For my friends 40th next week I'm going to hit the garden centre
I'm thinking a fruit tree or a lovely banging basket.

#10 Lou-bags

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:29 PM

Do you know for sure she’d like the day spa idea? It’s an expensive gift if it’s not her cup of tea (I’m biased as it’s the kind of gift that makes my heart sink a little...).

I love the letter idea. For mum’s 60th we did 60 short notes (like a sentence or two) with something we love about our mum or a memory we have of a fun/special time with her etc. She opened one a week (maybe it wasn’t 60 but 52 for one a week for a full year, I’ve forgotten exactly). We put them in a small, beautiful wooden box.

#11 Overtherainbow

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:40 PM

Is there a favourite charity she supports?
A favourite coffee shop you enjoy together?
Voucher for a facial.
Lunch together and a nice plant.

What does she value? For me, it’s being away from chores, having a friend and some quality time together. I’d find a way to do that.

#12 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:23 PM

View Postjust roses, on 15 June 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

Take her away for a weekend! Or a day at a spa together.
this!!!

#13 threeinnyc

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:39 PM

Spa, Mani/Pedi, Broadway show, movies/dinner.

#14 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:59 PM

View PostOvertherainbow, on 16 June 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

What does she value? For me, it’s being away from chores, having a friend and some quality time together. I’d find a way to do that.
This would make most 40 year olds very happy!

#15 CallMeFeral

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:49 AM

I saw this once online and was wondering how to hint to my best friends that I'd adore something like this

https://gifts.theboo...0BoCx7IQAvD_BwE

I think the news is only customised to uk/us though unfortunately.

#16 gabbigirl

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:04 AM

How about a cooking class voucher - these can be really fun.

#17 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:00 AM

View Postgabbigirl, on 17 June 2019 - 05:04 AM, said:

How about a cooking class voucher - these can be really fun.
Yes! That would be a lot of fun, if they are into cooking/food.

I did a kokodama course with a friend recently, that would also be a good thing to gift someone. My friend and I really enjoyed it, and walked away with a fabulous plant arrangement afterwards!

#18 livelifelovehappy

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:00 AM

She’s been cranky with him for a couple of years now! 😂

#19 Chchgirl

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:08 AM

I guess everyone is different, but when I turned 50 my sister tool me out to dinner as we both lived in qld.

I don't like receiving presents much but I would prefer not to have an experience.  And as much as I liked my dh, something on my own would have been good!

#20 StartledFlamingo

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:37 PM

Whale watching trip, winery tour or tasting class, dancing classes (something fun like swing), hot air ballooning if you have a large budget.

#21 Newdisplayname

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:22 AM

Jewellery.

#22 nom_de_plume

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:05 AM

When one of my girlfriends turned 40 we got a group together and went to the hot springs (Mornington Peninsula in Victoria), and then out to a winery for a late, long lunch. It was a great day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.