real estate thread

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 123tree

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:57 AM

So I have just seen this house listed online.  I am not a fan of the decor at all.

https://www.domain.c...3039-2015278346

#2 BadCat

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:02 PM

Bit busy isn't it?

They do own the Mona Lisa though, so I guess that's something.  :lol:

Also, for no apparent reason, I now want a spiral staircase in my bedroom.

#3 Lifesgood

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:28 PM

OK. So don't buy it?

#4 laurs

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:55 PM

Gotta have a spiral staircase in the bedroom - how else would you get to the tower?

#5 BadCat

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:57 PM

Well exactly.

#6 Oriental lily

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:05 PM

The outside is gorgeous .

The inside is very ‘Buckingham palace’ on roids !

#7 BadCat

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:08 PM

With an indicative selling price of over $6 million I think I can forgo the spiral staircase and just make do with what I have.

#8 justbreath

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:36 PM

Does the harp stay. It comes down to the harp for me.

#9 hills mum bec

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

First thing I think of when I see Moonee Ponds is Dame Edna Everage and I think this house would suit her character.

#10 BadCat

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:02 PM

View Postjustbreath, on 16 June 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

Does the harp stay. It comes down to the harp for me.

Yes the harp would clinch it for me at $5 mill, but not $6 mill.  Not even a harp will do it for me at 6 mill.

#11 justbreath

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:28 PM

View PostBadCat, on 16 June 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

Yes the harp would clinch it for me at $5 mill, but not $6 mill.  Not even a harp will do it for me at 6 mill.

If they throw in the Mona Lisa that would be a steal.

#12 IamtheMumma

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:30 PM

Pass.

#13 #YKG

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:36 PM

View PostBadCat, on 16 June 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

Could/would you stretch to $6mill if cane with a harpist to play to wake you up every morning like a relaxing/not to aggressive alarm clock?

#14 *bibs*

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:43 PM

Love everything about it.

#15 BadCat

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:50 PM

View Post#YKG, on 16 June 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

Could/would you stretch to $6mill if cane with a harpist to play to wake you up every morning like a relaxing/not to aggressive alarm clock?

Nah.  My cats wake me up before any alarm anyway.

#16 cinnabubble

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:56 PM

That’s halfway between a blue mountains RSL club and the lavatories in the Sistine Chapel.

#17 Threetwoone

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:56 PM

The outside is beautiful

#18 Treasure Island

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:59 PM

Turn down the decor and I could learn to live it it :shrug:

#19 Freddie'sMum

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:40 PM

The outside doesn't match the inside in any way, shape or form.

The inside is my personal idea of what hell looks like.  Obviously excluding the harp.

#20 kimasa

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:52 PM

I couldn't live in that house. I wear glasses for depth perception but rarely wear them at home because my spatial awareness at home is good. Man would those tiles/walls/decor/everything mess with my eyesight. I'd destroy everything with one clumsy walk to the bathroom.

Edited by kimasa, 16 June 2019 - 06:53 PM.

#21 kimasa

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:54 PM

Also, I just don't get decorative plates. Why? At what point did someone go "Let's take this functional eating utensil, paint something on it and put it in  cabinet to look at and never eat off it"?

#22 ERipley

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:29 PM

View Post*bibs*, on 16 June 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

Love everything about it.

Me too! 🤣 I would have so much fun dancing from room to room in my silk robe, spilling my cocktails as I went. I wouldn’t care that nobody wanted to visit me. I could get SO MANY cats in that house. But I probably just need one really judgemental cat there.

#23 born.a.girl

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:31 PM

View PostERipley, on 16 June 2019 - 07:29 PM, said:

Me too! I would have so much fun dancing from room to room in my silk robe, spilling my cocktails as I went. I wouldn’t care that nobody wanted to visit me. I could get SO MANY cats in that house. But I probably just need one really judgemental cat there.

Just don't get a torti, it will blend in too well.

I was just saying ten minutes ago, if I'd known we were going to have a pure grey cat (he's a Korat) I'd not have bought grey furniture.

#24 Mmmcheese

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:34 PM

I love houses where they really commit to a theme. There's so much blandness about, I love these places. )I want a house big enough for a harp and the harp.too!)

#25 ~garnet~

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:36 PM

That is a beautiful house that has just had a bit of bad plastic surgery.

Take away the wallpaper, paint effects, furniture, curtains etc and you have amazing bones. The ceilings, especially if original, are amazing. Paint them all plain cream so you can actually see them and they would be so beautiful.

The floors are the problem - all that tiling that probably went over or replaced the original floor boards would be so expensive and horrific to remove and replace.

But, different strokes for different folks - I kind of like that people can deviate from the super boring stuff you usually see. It'll be a perfect fit for someone, and they'll live happily in their quirky home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.