TT and wee frequency

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JayPeePee

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:54 AM

Have finally started this journey. God give me strength.

I've kept a record of successes for the last two days and what I've noticed is that DD wees between 10-15 times a day. That's a lot, right?

And in the morning, it's quite often; she'll need to go again after 20-40mins. By the afternoon it tapers out to 1.5hours or a bit longer.

We also have a lot of false wees. Though not sure if this is because she wants the mini m&ms reward so she says she needs to wee but nothing comes out.

I was thinking she's not voiding her bladder completely so I ask her to sit a little longer after she says she's finished, but there is no further wee.

Is this an overactive bladder? Each wee amount is what I consider a reasonable quantity for a small body but really I have no idea.

#2 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:13 AM

Fake wees to get treats is normal. Both my
Boys (and our dog) did this. Once they started it I stopped rewarding fake ones and only rewarded wee in the potty.

My kids wee maybe 3-4 times a day now. Sometimes more, plus night time maybe once. But at first it was more as they had less capacity to hold on.

#3 Caribou

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:22 AM

It takes a good 3-4 days before the wees taper out to 5-8 times a day

Having said that, she also may not be ready, so be prepared for that too :)

#4 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:00 AM

I would say overactive bladder as DS was peeing himself every 20 to 30 mins without warning abd he was diagnosedwith it. There's medication they take twice a day for a few months that strengthens the bladder muscles. Go talk to your GP.

#5 lozoodle

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:27 AM

Mine were all obsessed with going to the toilet when they first TT, especially if we were out somewhere. It does die down :)

#6 PrincessPeach

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:17 PM

It sounds a lot to me, but if she is simply doing it to get rewards then it's not surprising.

Could you change up the rewards to say one for a big wee, rather than just trying? It will at least rule out the want of a reward.

#7 Lady Gray

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:06 PM

Yup, we had the same experience.  I don’t know if it was the novelty or just adjusting but for a few weeks it felt like she was doing way too many wees per day to the point I was wondering if she had a UTI or overactive bladder.  It normalised after a few weeks.

We also change the rule to treats for poos only!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.