Wearing ugg boots out

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 My4beautifulboys

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:34 PM

Do you think that wearing ugg boots out in public is odd. A lot seem to do it. I find it very sloppy and wouldnt wear them other than around the house. Each to their own opinion.

#2 Bono25

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:43 PM

Would if I could. So much more comfy

#3 Lou-bags

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:45 PM

I used to wear them to uni when I was a 20 something undergrad. And until recently (they wore out) to the shop for groceries. Sloppy? Maybe. Probably. I just don’t actually care...

#4 seayork2002

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:45 PM

It was a popular thing in the north of England a while back

Not for me, I dress for comfort not looks but I find them too hot to wear so not for me

Edited by seayork2002, 18 June 2019 - 05:50 PM.

#5 BadCat

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:46 PM

I have no problem with it.

I would love it if more people dressed for comfort instead of trying to meet some arbitrary standard of neat and correct.

Besides, I love uggs.  Wore them to school all through winter in high school.  I'd wear them to work if I thought I could get away with it.

Edited by BadCat, 18 June 2019 - 05:46 PM.

#6 notsoretro

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:48 PM

To the letterbox, yes or in the car doing a pick up where I don't have to get out, also yes. To work, no, unlike a new team member who did recently but thankfully just once (I think they got told). To clarify mine are the little ankle ones like you might get at Mother's Day team member's were full on knee length ones and looked very bogan in the work environment

I'm also not a fan of board shorts as clothes

#7 ERipley

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:51 PM

If was a once a definite no-no, then about 10 years back it was a weird trend. Since then it’s been “ok” but I still wouldn’t do it. It’s right next to wearing tracksuit pants out with a shirt with food spilled all down it.

#8 BadCat

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:52 PM

Only 6 posts to bogan.  Sweet.

#9 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:53 PM

I wouldn’t do it, but mostly because I need more supportive shoes, and a little bit because I don’t feel good wearing them out and about. It’s not the done thing around me, except for the uni students - they often wear them to uni.

#10 seayork2002

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:54 PM

View PostBadCat, on 18 June 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

Only 6 posts to bogan.  Sweet.

I embrace bogan-ness I just can't wear uggs

#11 rosie28

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:54 PM

I have few standards in this regard but I’d never wear uggs out of the house and never wear leggings as pants haha!

#12 Lou-bags

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:55 PM

View Post22Fruitmincepies, on 18 June 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

except for the uni students - they often wear them to uni.

It was bloody cold in the winter mornings for my 8am lecture lol. I kept thongs in the car if I had to be there past mid morning as they eventually got sweltering.

#13 dadwasathome

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:03 PM

Not since winter at uni. In 1985.

Weird trend started by Americans, with their Chinese made UGG boots.

#14 WTFancie shmancie

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:07 PM

Too hot

No arch support

Sheepskin stretches too much so my feet slip and slide around inside them.

Uggs are not for me even inside the house.

#15 FearsomeFeralFreak

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:08 PM

Yep. Absolutely. I've been seen out in uggs many times.
No where beyond supermarket, school, local coffee shop but I love them.
I would never, ever, ever be seen in tracksuits though. I would feel I have given up on life. I guess we all have our standards.

#16 MissMilla

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:27 PM

I dont like them at all. I just think they look terrible, so i wouldnt wear them.

On the other hand its finally a trend keeping young girls warm, so im totally on board with that.

#17 EsmeLennox

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:34 PM

I have things that I wouldn’t personally wear in public. However, I do not care what others choose to wear.

#18 StoneFoxArrow

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:35 PM

I wear mine to rock climbing at least once a week. Because I don't wear socks in my rock climbing shoes and I can't wear my rock climbing shoes to rock climbing and in summer I'd wear thongs, but it's too freaking cold, I wear ugg boots.

I also used to wear them to the martial arts gym I went to. Because they came off straight away. That's just about the only time I'll wear them, but I find them pretty comfortable, so I wish it was practical for me to wear them elsewhere.

#19 Grassyrat

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:41 PM

A crime against humanity to wear ugg boots in public other than going to the letter box or washing line.

Winter is my least favourite time and one of the main reasons is patients who think it's acceptable to wear ugg boots to their appointment which they've literally lived in for years and smell of toe jam, smoke and gereral filth. Even better when their complaint is an infected ingrown toenail or festering ulcer.

So rotten. That's what shoes and socks are for.

#20 halcyondays

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:41 PM

I wear them to get to Pilates- knee high ones. And then to the grocery shops afterwards. Otherwise I’d need to wear socks, shoes and leg warmers (and then take them all off for the class) as if my feet and calves get cold, I’ll cramp during the class.

#21 annodam

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:43 PM

Judge away, proud Ugg wearer outdoors here - myself & the kids.
Youngest is out with dad tonight, yep he has his Uggs on much to DHs disgust!

EFS:

Edited by annodam, 18 June 2019 - 06:43 PM.

#22 amdirel

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:44 PM

I wear mine to pick up kids from activities, and occasionally a late night supermarket shop. Mine are 'nice' uggies though (I can hear you all cringe lol), but they are! They're not saggy or dirty, they're more like a boot with sheepskin.

#23 Daffy2016

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:12 PM

I used to care deeply about this and passionately believed they were totally bogan and people should never wear them.

Then I got old and mellowed out. You do you, as long as you’re happy I couldn’t give a toss.

#24 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:16 PM

I don’t wear my uggs out.

I wear my $30 Aldi snow boots which are almost uggs with proper soles.

Edited by Bethlehem Babe, 18 June 2019 - 07:17 PM.

#25 ~Peahen~

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:20 PM

Not ugg boots as such as I don't wear sheepskin, but I wear the fake ones whenever and wherever I want.

I suffer horrific chilblains/circulation issues and weight train 5 says a week at 5am. The gyms freezing, I wear my fuggs to train in winter when my toes are riddled. I just kick them off to deadlift and squat.

I used to also wear them between climbs at the climbing gym. Most of us did.

I also wear legwarmers (over my leggings as pants), beanies and fingerless gloves in public. My #1 priority is keeping warm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.